Galileo Confirmation Number on United.com

Old Dec 18, 14, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: China Southern Elite Gold
Galileo Confirmation Number on United.com

Hi.
I have a itinerary book on United.com and it involves flights with ANA and Dragoair(KA). As usual, I was trying to get the ANA confirmation to make some seat arrangement, and surprisingly, I found an extra confirmation code below the ANA one. It says Galileo Confirmation Number: XXXXXX. I've never seen this before but figured it might be KA's confirmation, and so I took it to CX/KA'S website to give it a try, and it didn't work. Could anyone tell me where this confirmation code belongs to?

Thanks
Ben
Old Dec 18, 14, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by ben237829624 View Post
Hi.
I have a itinerary book on United.com and it involves flights with ANA and Dragoair(KA). As usual, I was trying to get the ANA confirmation to make some seat arrangement, and surprisingly, I found an extra confirmation code below the ANA one. It says Galileo Confirmation Number: XXXXXX. I've never seen this before but figured it might be KA's confirmation, and so I took it to CX/KA'S website to give it a try, and it didn't work. Could anyone tell me where this confirmation code belongs to?

Thanks
Ben

Galileo is a computer reservation system used by airlines, hotels etc. I'm not specifically sure what you would use their number for. It might be used if you call them directly about a booking?
Old Dec 18, 14, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, AA, DL, Marriott Silver
Did you try it on KAs website, or just CXs? I don't think CX uses Galileo. Maybe KA uses it?

You can try putting in the Galileo confirmation on https://www.viewtrip.com/VTHome.aspx and see if the reservation pops up and if all or just part of it does. It should take either a Galileo (or Apollo, if anyone else still uses it) confirmation.
Old Mar 19, 15, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
Did you try it on KAs website, or just CXs? I don't think CX uses Galileo. Maybe KA uses it?

You can try putting in the Galileo confirmation on https://www.viewtrip.com/VTHome.aspx and see if the reservation pops up and if all or just part of it does. It should take either a Galileo (or Apollo, if anyone else still uses it) confirmation.
I just booked a flight on UA.com with a leg on KA - the Galileo confirmation number doesn't work on KA's website, but I was able to use my Galileo confirmation number to access Viewtrip and found the KA PNR through there - which works on the KA website.
Old Sep 7, 15, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA XPlat
I had a Galileo Confirmation Number pop up today and figured I'd add my info (as this was the first search result on Google).

My LH flight (booked as UA reward flight) from BOS-FRA was cancelled due to strike.
UA auto-rebooked me on FI (Iceland Air).
I called to confirm rebooking, as it showed up as "waitlist" in UA app, and was given a confirmation number.
When I tried checking-in at FI website, it wouldn't pull up a record.

Went back to UA and searched original itinerary and found "additional confirmation number" listed as "Galileo Confirmation Number: XXXXXX" (same number from phone call).

I can pull up the reservation on viewtrip.com, but it says e-ticket not available - I just see my name/flight times.

I'll head to the airport in a couple hours to check-in at FI desk, since can't do anything online.
Old Sep 7, 15, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by BeckhamsTears View Post
I had a Galileo Confirmation Number pop up today and figured I'd add my info (as this was the first search result on Google).

My LH flight (booked as UA reward flight) from BOS-FRA was cancelled due to strike.
UA auto-rebooked me on FI (Iceland Air).
I called to confirm rebooking, as it showed up as "waitlist" in UA app, and was given a confirmation number.
When I tried checking-in at FI website, it wouldn't pull up a record.

Went back to UA and searched original itinerary and found "additional confirmation number" listed as "Galileo Confirmation Number: XXXXXX" (same number from phone call).

I can pull up the reservation on viewtrip.com, but it says e-ticket not available - I just see my name/flight times.

I'll head to the airport in a couple hours to check-in at FI desk, since can't do anything online.
I'd call United ASAP before heading to the airport.
Old Sep 7, 15, 6:44 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
It appears that, in some applications, UA uses Galileo to book certain non-partner OALs. My wife and I booked YYZ-BEY-YYZ, with one of the segments being MEA (the rest are AC or LH). For MEA, we got a Galileo number, despite the fact that MEA is not a Galileo carrier. For whatever reason, UA used Galileo to book that segment.
Old Sep 9, 15, 12:24 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
It makes it easier and cheaper for UA

Originally Posted by N1120A View Post
It appears that, in some applications, UA uses Galileo to book certain non-partner OALs. My wife and I booked YYZ-BEY-YYZ, with one of the segments being MEA (the rest are AC or LH). For MEA, we got a Galileo number, despite the fact that MEA is not a Galileo carrier. For whatever reason, UA used Galileo to book that segment.
By using Galileo as a "hub" for non-partner OAL bookings, UA only has to pay for one data connection with Galileo [which already has preexisting data connections with numerous airlines] as opposed to having a different data connection (especially with OAL systems that may not talk properly with SHARES) with each airline they have a ticketing agreement with.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: