Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
What should a new Plat expect compared to the Gold kit? Based on what I've read, drink chits will be the only difference, is that correct? How many of those do we get?
Beyond the new card and luggage tag, drink chits is about it. I think Plats receive five.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
I have never been able to get anything other than a nice photo on the statustracker page. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:50 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by atword
[*]Still Valid --> Keep your current MileagePlus membership card. It's valid through {{activities[3].kitExpirationDate}}. (probably for no change in status)
Could also be for when you lose all status. "Keep your card through 1/31!"

I suspect it's what people will see when they requalify for their current status in 2015, though I don't recall seeing that last year. FWIW, mine is now "pending."

Your mixed message about Plat and 1K is interesting... I wonder if UA is granting a heck of a lot of gratis 1K status in the wake of PQD? (Which is irksome for those of us who did qualify fully, but not unexpected.)
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA GS & Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold (MM)
Mine is interesting ... I'm on the cusp of GS, and my 1K packet says "pending". Hoping they're still thinking! :-)
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by judyserienagy
I have never been able to get anything other than a nice photo on the statustracker page. Am I doing something wrong?
I see the same thing when I use an older version of Internet Explorer (I think IE 9). No problem using IE 11.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Originally Posted by atword
I'll be dropping down from 1K to Plat for 2015 but there is no box for my kit status when I view mystatus.united.com. Instead I see: "Congratulations, you've earned Premier Platinum status for 2015." But I also see: "Enjoy your 2015 Premier 1K status, with all the benefits and services that come with it."

Is anyone else lacking a kit status box on mystatus.united.com?
I'm the same boat as you. Didn't hit the 1K pqm and shows plat, but no kit status and the same box about enjoying 1K status through 1/31. I don't think my total spend is quite high enough for GS though I do have $0.7/BIS mile PQDs. Hoping to get a 1K bump, but we'll see what happens.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
2015 is my third year as 1k, I still have never received a package with the card/drink chits. The email chain is pretty funny too, it starts in 2012 and is me about every 3 or 4 months asking them to send one and then receiving an almost identical form reply each time saying I will receive it in 4-6 weeks. 3 or 4 months later I reply again saying it hasn't come and they send the exact same thing back. Very trivial in the scheme of things but annoying to not receive what they promise nonetheless.

Yes I have verified my address in my profile and have no issues with mail delivery from anyone else.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
New enhanced luggage tags from United!

Now, they won't have your name printed. And it looks like the cost-cutting is gonna save them quite a bit on plastic cost too! ^
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do they have any identification information on it? DL's (when I had it a few years ago) did not have name and only had a number (which was not my SKyMiles number but probably can be used to find my name). I think it is better from a privacy perspective.

My UA cards have always broken after a few trips for some reason - either the whole card or the hole part. My DL card is worn but still attached to my bag after all these years. Hopefully the new card will work better.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by username
Do they have any identification information on it? DL's (when I had it a few years ago) did not have name and only had a number (which was not my SKyMiles number but probably can be used to find my name). I think it is better from a privacy perspective.

My UA cards have always broken after a few trips for some reason - either the whole card or the hole part. My DL card is worn but still attached to my bag after all these years. Hopefully the new card will work better.

No name or info on UA tags, just a back section where you can write in information with a pen. Diamond Medallion luggage tags are metal and simply the best.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: Platinum
I think they designed it so it would fit in the overhead compartment of a CRJ200
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
"Your kit status: Still Valid Keep your current MileagePlus membership card. It's valid through January 31st 2016."

Does this mean I'm not getting a new kit? I don't get it.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
edit: ok I'm an idiot... it was my gold kit. so i haven't received the plat kit. never mind...

Last edited by ACVBear; Jan 5, 2015 at 7:53 pm
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:44 pm

Received my GOLD package yesterday. Considering I am living in AU, it is very impressive this time, unlike last year when it took me several emails and 5 months of waiting.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Originally Posted by fjfv19
"Your kit status: Still Valid Keep your current MileagePlus membership card. It's valid through January 31st 2016."

Does this mean I'm not getting a new kit? I don't get it.
Did you qualify for 1K earlier in the year and already get a kit? Does your card have a 1/15 or a 1/16 expiration date on it?

If you qualified already, you only get one kit per year. If you have last year's card with a 1/15 expiration date and they are telling you to keep it, that's ridiculous. I'd email 1K voice and say, umm no, my card expires Jan 15 and send them a picture of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.