Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions on the ABE-EWR bus service segment (ABE-EWR-XXX)

Questions on the ABE-EWR bus service segment (ABE-EWR-XXX)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 7, 18, 9:57 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 21, 18, 5:33 am

Thanks to everyone for the helpful responses.

Last question (I think)...my local airport is served by United. Often when booking United flights, there is a "flight" from my local small airport to a major airport 90 minutes away..but it isn't done via plane it is done by UNITED EXPRESS BUS SERVICE. Would this count towards the 4 flights on UA metal? I don't see it specified in the rules, but I believe the rules say UA flights or UA Express.
Old Jun 21, 18, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by ToddSpam View Post
Thanks to everyone for the helpful responses.

Last question (I think)...my local airport is served by United. Often when booking United flights, there is a "flight" from my local small airport to a major airport 90 minutes away..but it isn't done via plane it is done by UNITED EXPRESS BUS SERVICE. Would this count towards the 4 flights on UA metal? I don't see it specified in the rules, but I believe the rules say UA flights or UA Express.
You live near ABE? Yes - the ABE-EWR bus counts as a UA "flight"
Old Jun 21, 18, 7:53 am

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Aegean (A3) requires 4 segments as well.
Old Jun 21, 18, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Could also be Beaumont on the bus IIRC.
UA no longer serves Beaumont.
Old Jun 21, 18, 8:11 pm

Yes I do, detective. IF that bus trip counts as a flight, then one business trip could get my 4 segments in.
Old Jun 21, 18, 9:52 pm

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
You live near ABE? Yes - the ABE-EWR bus counts as a UA "flight"
Out of curiosity would lounge access be granted if you are taking United Bus/Train service? To give a concrete example suppose I'm flying SIN to ZFV on UA Gold (connecting say in SFO). Would I be able to access the UA lounge upon arrival in EWR? Also how does checked baggage and IRROPs work for these services? Would they put you up in a hotel if the bus or train service goes MX/WX?

Safe Travels,

James
Old Nov 19, 18, 8:37 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, Hilton D, Mariott/SPG Plat Elite, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Plat, Amex Plat
Does anyone know if this flight still earns PQMs?
Old Nov 21, 18, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
Does anyone know if this flight still earns PQMs?
Yes...and for Premier members you earn 500 miles!
Old Dec 7, 18, 7:19 am

Programs: Hertz PC
Can I skip the bus?

delete

Last edited by bhunt; Dec 7, 18 at 7:30 am Reason: delete
Old Dec 7, 18, 7:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bhunt View Post
If I skip the bus would rest of Itinerary be cancelled? (flight back to MCI)
Yes. Your ticket is scanned when you get on the bus Questions on the ABE-EWR bus service segment (ABE-EWR-XXX)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 7, 18 at 5:56 pm Reason: removed image misposted by OP
Old Dec 7, 18, 7:34 am

Programs: Hertz PC
Thanks for info

Sorry meant to post screenshot of flights/bus
Old Jan 8, 19, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH FT, Marriott Plat, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PPlus
out of curiosity: I was gonna do EWR-MSY this weekend, but as prices are just outrageous I browsed a little and found a "flight" leaving from ABE-EWR-MSY (500$ cheaper). My question is: this will be operated by a Bus service that I heard of for the first time saying it leaves from gate 10 and will arrive at Gate C130 in EWR. I thought I was familiar with EWR, but how is this going to be handled? do I have to go through security again? Where does the bus actually terminate? And, yes, I know that in order to get full accruals I can't skip a leg.

Thx!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 8, 19 at 9:23 pm Reason: Moved to ABE thread
Old Jan 8, 19, 6:29 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by mynolix View Post
out of curiosity: I was gonna do EWR-MSY this weekend, but as prices are just outrageous I browsed a little and found a "flight" leaving from ABE-EWR-MSY (500$ cheaper). My question is: this will be operated by a Bus service that I heard of for the first time saying it leaves from gate 10 and will arrive at Gate C130 in EWR. I thought I was familiar with EWR, but how is this going to be handled? do I have to go through security again? Where does the bus actually terminate? And, yes, I know that in order to get full accruals I can't skip a leg.
Have not done this myself, but from reports you don't need security for the bus. You arrive somewhere near checkin area and proceed like when you normally arrive at EWR.
Old Jan 9, 19, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by mynolix View Post

Thx!
no security to get on the bus at ABE. The bus then drives you to EWR, drops you curbside and you need to go through security there.
Old May 12, 19, 4:25 pm

I am looking at a flight from PBI - EWR - ABE. It is about 1 hour lay over in EWR to catch the bus to ABE. Is this enough time? What happens if teh flight PBI - EWR is delayed? Do they have the bus waiting (probably not!!), or where can I find the schedule for the next bus in case flight got delayed, and bus left already!

Thanks.

Search this Thread