Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

In the new 737s, I find the F seats miserable.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by exerda
Could be worse: they're removing the mid-cabin lav from some of the 737s, leaving Y with only the two aft lavs. When you're seated near the front of E+ on a transcon, it's not much fun to have to wait in a 15-20 person deep line at the back of the cabin...
No fun for all the folks sitting in the back of the plane and watching the parade either.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by johnden
In the new 737s, I find the F seats miserable. The seat is lower and shorter. The worst is the lack of back padding. It is literally a board. The irony is the sides of the back have thick padding, the middle, absolutely none.

What gives? Is if really too expensive to give us 1" of foam on your back, or an extra inch of seat pan in F? My lower back hurt as much as in slimline coach.
Gee, I will have to check them out. One of the many reasons that I preferred the pmCO fleet over the pmUA fleet was that the pmUA seats were far too soft for both my back and bottom. And the reason I dislike the slimline coach seats is that they are designed for people who like to slouch back rather than sit up while seated. I've also generally avoided F seats as I've found them too tall. Next time I'm offered an upgrade, I might check out these new and improved shorter seats.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Indelaware
Gee, I will have to check them out. One of the many reasons that I preferred the pmCO fleet over the pmUA fleet was that the pmUA seats were far too soft for both my back and bottom. And the reason I dislike the slimline coach seats is that they are designed for people who like to slouch back rather than sit up while seated. I've also generally avoided F seats as I've found them too tall. Next time I'm offered an upgrade, I might check out these new and improved shorter seats.
I find the slimlines coach seats are terrible if you slouch back. Unless I sit full upright my legs get no support with the super short bottom cushions.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

Accd to seatguru the seats are 21" width and 38" pitch, which is same or tenths of an inch bigger than F on other planes. Is the pitch now under 38"?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I think the new 739ERs are 37" pitch in F.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

I don't know which 737-900 plane I was on this evening but I preferred my seat F (paid P) compared to not being in F but having to be on the plane. I still think the worst domestic F is better than Y exit row and the best E+
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
I just can't stand the tray tables. How hard is it to make a proper tray table that can support my computer (F and Y)?

Also, slightly off topic but really loved VX MCS bulkhead that had the tray table in the bulkhead. Was so much more pleasant, had the advantage of the legroom without the trade off of a fixed armrest. Also, don't get why other airlines haven't figured out the on-demand ordering. It is so much more appealing and it encourages more purchases.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by adambadam
Also, don't get why other airlines haven't figured out the on-demand ordering. It is so much more appealing and it encourages more purchases.
UA is not getting screens in its new planes. They would have to figure out another way.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by exerda
Could be worse: they're removing the mid-cabin lav from some of the 737s, leaving Y with only the two aft lavs. When you're seated near the front of E+ on a transcon, it's not much fun to have to wait in a 15-20 person deep line at the back of the cabin...
i avoid mid-lav 739s. i'm not big on exit rows, so the lav placement ruins the best E+ seats for me (rows 7-8). with rows 11 and/or 12 often having no windows on the 739, my preferred seat selection becomes significantly limited.

if there's a line that big for the aft lavs, i'll 'make my move' to use them as an FA is walking towards the front of Y - he/she will often encourage me to cross the curtain and use the F lav.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.