Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Not credited PQDs for OS flight within Europe after IRROPS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.

Purchased a P fare, SFO-FRA-VIE, PRG-FRA-SFO.

I've done the outbound, a week ago.

The SFO-FRA was delayed over an hour, causing me to miss the original LH FRA-VIE segment.

They rerouted me to an OS flight (with an LH codeshare) and I ended up arriving in VIE 2 hours later than the original scheduled flight.

I have not received any PQDs for the FRA-VIE segment. It's shown "Processing" under Airline activity.

Has anyone had problems getting PQDs on *A flights, especially one that UA had to reschedule because of operational delays?

With the fare class and being Premier Gold, I was credited 500, 375 and 250 for a total of 1125 RDMs and 750 PQMs for the flight, but zero PQDs.

I got 5699, 2849 and 2849 for a total of 11397 RDMs and 8548 PQMs for the SFO-FRA segment.

Is UA messing with PQDs on these intra-European flights, especially operated by smaller partners?

Paid about $3600 for this flight and as it stands now, I'd get less than $2600 PQDs if they repeated this pattern for my return, PRG-FRA on Czech airlines. and FRA-SFO on UA metal.

That would really make me short of requalifying.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
... Has anyone had problems getting PQDs on *A flights, especially one that UA had to reschedule because of operational delays? ...
ask for ORC, P on OS otherwise will require manual processing.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21630543-post38.html

... Is UA messing with PQDs on these intra-European flights, especially operated by smaller partners? ....
The earnings are determined by the partners and for some reason they have not updated their earning profiles -- and in meantime UA is covering the issue.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Purchased a P fare, SFO-FRA-VIE, PRG-FRA-SFO.

I've done the outbound, a week ago.

The SFO-FRA was delayed over an hour, causing me to miss the original LH FRA-VIE segment.

They rerouted me to an OS flight (with an LH codeshare) and I ended up arriving in VIE 2 hours later than the original scheduled flight.

I have not received any PQDs for the FRA-VIE segment. It's shown "Processing" under Airline activity.

Has anyone had problems getting PQDs on *A flights, especially one that UA had to reschedule because of operational delays?

With the fare class and being Premier Gold, I was credited 500, 375 and 250 for a total of 1125 RDMs and 750 PQMs for the flight, but zero PQDs.

I got 5699, 2849 and 2849 for a total of 11397 RDMs and 8548 PQMs for the SFO-FRA segment.

Is UA messing with PQDs on these intra-European flights, especially operated by smaller partners?

Paid about $3600 for this flight and as it stands now, I'd get less than $2600 PQDs if they repeated this pattern for my return, PRG-FRA on Czech airlines. and FRA-SFO on UA metal.

That would really make me short of requalifying.
Who is "they?" Was this a UA agent or a LH/OS agent? Were you reticketed on UA stock or non-UA stock?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

By the time I landed, I had to find an LH service counter and they had already booked.

The LH boarding pass with the orange border shows 016 ticket number.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Not exactly the same situation, but I had a LH segment last month (also a P fare) that showed as "processing" for weeks and then finally posted as "ineligible." The redeemable miles and PQMs posted as expected and within a couple days of travel.

The LH segment was the first of three segments on the return portion of our trip: ATH-FRA, FRA-EWR, EWR-ORD (the last two were on UA). The first two segments operated as normal, but the EWR-ORD flight was cancelled and an agent at EWR rebooked us.

I called in last week to find out why the LH segment was "ineligible" as was told that it was the result of the ticket number mismatch between the UA and LH records at the time of posting--which happened because of rebooking the last segment. The agent requested a manual adjustment, and it showed up in my account about 24 hours later.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Hmm in that case I better keep my boarding pass, which shows an 016 ticket number.

If UA could just preview the PQDs due for a given itinerary, the way they show the PQMs, then that info could be compared against any changes due to delays.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Hmm in that case I better keep my boarding pass, which shows an 016 ticket number.

Yes - unfortunately you have to keep your BP - I have sent in half a dozen this year and its so annoying - all just to get credit for something they know you have already done - but the system can't seem to figure it out.

I spent $8k on my last flight to APAC two weeks ago and none of the PQD's have posted yet bc of IRROPS and they had to change the ticket - thus making it impossible for the system to process properly - so of course I have to manually take the time and prove to UA I flew the flights they knew I flew (bc PQM/PQS posted fine!) - just to get credit for something I shouldn't even have to think about.... Frustrating to say the least...

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 29, 2014 at 10:57 am Reason: repaired BBcode
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Well MP Customer SErvice said to wait up to 14 days.

Another flight on the itinerary was PRG-FRA on Czech Airways, which I find is not even *A.

So it's not even listed in the Activity summary for the flight, whereas the other 3 segments are shown.

I got about $2600 PQDs from this ticket, which cost me $3800. On the email that I got when I purchased the ticket, it showed a breakdown of over $2600 in fares and the rest being fees, taxes and surcharges. But among the surcharges was $880 for "International Surcharge."

I've read in other threads that "International Surcharge" gets credited as PQD. BUt they haven't given it to me yet. Another email to MP to ask about this …
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Yes. I was rerouted from UA to AC in April. PQD's didn't post. PQD's still haven't posted. United says "too bad". Lufthansa (who caused the reroute) plated the new ticket on 220 stock.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Well MP Customer SErvice said to wait up to 14 days.

Another flight on the itinerary was PRG-FRA on Czech Airways, which I find is not even *A.

So it's not even listed in the Activity summary for the flight, whereas the other 3 segments are shown.

I got about $2600 PQDs from this ticket, which cost me $3800. On the email that I got when I purchased the ticket, it showed a breakdown of over $2600 in fares and the rest being fees, taxes and surcharges. But among the surcharges was $880 for "International Surcharge."

I've read in other threads that "International Surcharge" gets credited as PQD. BUt they haven't given it to me yet. Another email to MP to ask about this …

Why another email?

Even the FAQs on the MP site say Processing means wait 2 weeks. Wait the two weeks, if you're short, email and ask for the difference.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I flew 4 segments on OS the past 12 months. None of them appeared automatically, but I was credited quickly after I applied for credit after 14 days for each segment.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver

If UA could just preview the PQDs due for a given itinerary, the way they show the PQMs, then that info could be compared against any changes due to delays.
Keep ** all documents ** including anything on the reroute. If you were given a new itinerary, keep it as it will contain info to track back the original itinerary.

A delayed AC flight made me miss a UA connection last summer so AC rebooked me on SK to my final destination. All UA stock. It took 3 months, multiple emails to UA, AC and SK and a lot of patience to make it work.

(I had a feeling of deja-vue all over again and again as every follow-up email was handled by a different CSR, so the story was told multiple times.)
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Well the account activity finally updated, OS flight is "Ineligible" for PQD.

Keep in mind, they rescheduled me on this flight because of a delay in the UA flight. The original itinerary was on a LH codeshare, though I think it may also have been an OS flight.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 3:22 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Request original routing credit as suggested by WineCountryUA above. They will credit the flights you booked instead of the ones you flew. Just be sure to point out the UA delay is why you were rebooked.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Well the account activity finally updated, OS flight is "Ineligible" for PQD.

Keep in mind, they rescheduled me on this flight because of a delay in the UA flight. The original itinerary was on a LH codeshare, though I think it may also have been an OS flight.
Write United (or call) and explain what happened and they should give you the proper PQD credit for that segment, the same as they would have if you flew it on LH.

This should be a no-brainer since your ticket issuing carrier wouldn't have changed here. LH can modify a UA ticket on 016 stock, as they did. But honestly I would only waste your time calling if the PQD are important to you this year to meet some re-qualification requirements. Otherwise, don't lose sleep or time on the phone over this.

Originally Posted by exerda
Request original routing credit as suggested by WineCountryUA above. They will credit the flights you booked instead of the ones you flew. Just be sure to point out the UA delay is why you were rebooked.
Not sure if you're referring to miles but this has nothing to do with miles. It's about PQD which the OP said (s)he didn't get because they got re-routed on the *same route* (FRA-VIE) from LH to OS.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.