Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SAS (SK) award experiences using United miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS (SK) award experiences using United miles

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Has anyone else had any issues booking SAS award flights? Everything I'm trying (even random dates and city pairs I'm not interested in) are giving me an error saying it's not available....
I booked and flew CPH-OSL-MOL for 15,000 miles. Everything worked smoothly on the booking, and on the flights, too. Booking was in February. Travel was earlier this month.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Has anyone else had any issues booking SAS award flights? Everything I'm trying (even random dates and city pairs I'm not interested in) are giving me an error saying it's not available....
According to two reservations agent I spoke with, there have been issues booking SK flights with UA (web, phone, app) since last Friday and it still isn't resolved. Availability shows but they can't book it.

Apparently they're working on it...I hope it gets resolved soon!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Book SAS Plus (premium economy) award from United portal?

I see a SAS flight available for XN. Is there any way to look for and book SAS Plus using United miles? I tried using the auction upgrade feature but the booking wasn't eligible, likely because it is an award flight.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AirMiles2001
I see a SAS flight available for XN. Is there any way to look for and book SAS Plus using United miles? I tried using the auction upgrade feature but the booking wasn't eligible, likely because it is an award flight.
No it's not possible to book premium economy on any carrier using United miles.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AirMiles2001
For what it’s worth even if you wanted to pay for PE, booked through UA on the other *A carriers it’s not an easy feat. Pretty much you have to build it in Google Flights and then hope it lets you push through to book on UA (usually need some sort of UA flight involved or code share) which would show Economy with some cross referencing you can determine if it should be PE. Luckily with the 24h cxl ability you can check on the other carriers site and then cancel if it didn’t work.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
How does United interface with Scandinavian? Specifically, looking at a few different options, one way home from Europe, with the last leg CPH-BOS. Origination in Europe is somewhat flexible, Germany/Austria/Poland area. I found the perfect flights for what I want to do: April 21st, 2019, flights LO 552 Prague to Warsaw, then SK 2752 Warsaw to Copenhagen, then SK927 Copenhagen to Boston. Looks fine online and on the app, but I get an error when booking. Called United and they said the CPH-BOS leg has no availability to them, and to try back in a few weeks.

Any advice?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by financialhippie
How does United interface with Scandinavian? Specifically, looking at a few different options, one way home from Europe, with the last leg CPH-BOS. Origination in Europe is somewhat flexible, Germany/Austria/Poland area. I found the perfect flights for what I want to do: April 21st, 2019, flights LO 552 Prague to Warsaw, then SK 2752 Warsaw to Copenhagen, then SK927 Copenhagen to Boston. Looks fine online and on the app, but I get an error when booking. Called United and they said the CPH-BOS leg has no availability to them, and to try back in a few weeks.

Any advice?
Looks like phantom availability on the CPH-BOS segment for 22 April. I looked at the NH award search site and it shows no award availability on SK927 for that date.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Looks like phantom availability on the CPH-BOS segment for 22 April. I looked at the NH award search site and it shows no award availability on SK927 for that date.
Bummer, thanks for looking. Any chance this will open up eventually? Does SK open up more award space at a certain date out or anything?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Bummer, thanks for looking. Any chance this will open up eventually? Does SK open up more award space at a certain date out or anything?
It looks lie there are other options available for your preferred travel date like LH via MUC/FRA to BOS or SN via BRU and EWR. Why don't you book one of those and then change to SK if it opens up later on?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've not seen reports of any particular pattern for SK awards to open. There is always a chance. What class of service? Coach is more likely than business.

Originally Posted by cheltzel
It looks lie there are other options available for your preferred travel date like LH via MUC/FRA to BOS or SN via BRU and EWR. Why don't you book one of those and then change to SK if it opens up later on?
While it can be good to have a bird in hand, so to speak, note that there may be a fee for changes; up to $75 if changed 61+ days prior to travel, and up to $125 if changed within 60 days of travel.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United

Any advice?
On the United website, I see award flights from Prague to Boston available for 30k + $70.61 on Monday, April 22, with same-day arrival. These flights are via BRU and either IAD or EWR, with the first segment on Brussels Airways and the others on United. Different departure times from Prague are available.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:58 am

From a Post in the SAS Eurobonus Forum:

BOS in Privatair 737 starting in Summer2016

Just saw it confirmed in Danish aviation press, that SK will make 'seasonal adjustments' to CPH-BOS and cancel it - at least during the winther:

https://finalcall.travel/da/bekraeft...-ruten-vinter/
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:35 pm

UA having IT issues booking some SAS/Singapore award spaces?

I was trying to book a J ticket on SAS using MP, but the UA agent couldn't confirm the hold with SAS. I thought I got duped into a phantom space, but I was able to find the same space on ANA and Aeroplan site, and in fact, bookable on Aeroplan.

I eventually escalated the matter to supervisor, and she spent the whole day working on this matter, incl contacting SAS directly. Eventually she received an internal memo that UA is having IT issues with SQ/SK award systems and no timeframe about when it might be resolved. Has anyone encountered something similar recently? It appears to have only started a few days ago.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 14, 2018 at 6:10 pm Reason: merged into consolidated thread
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rinipiyan
UA having IT issues booking some SAS/Singapore award spaces?
UA has been having awardbooking issues in the past 24 hours -- see recent posts in Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues,
It was broader than just SAS/SQ but those two carriers have long been some of the most problematic IT interconnects and your issue may be residual of the earlier broader problem
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rinipiyan
Eventually she received an internal memo that UA is having IT issues with SQ/SK award systems and no timeframe about when it might be resolved. Has anyone encountered something similar recently? It appears to have only started a few days ago.
I ticketed an SQ award on August 8.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.