Wiki Posts
Search

No Mileage Refund F to Y

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
No Mileage Refund F to Y

I was originally booked ORFORDSAN in saver first (I). ORFORD was announced to go to a 45 min mx delay due to an issue with the tire. Seeing that there was a ORFIAH leaving within 30 mins, and the agent informed me that ORFORD was going nowhere anytime soon (it left 8 hours+ later), I was rebooked ORFIAHSAN in Y (they wouldn't even add try to reprotect me in F on any of the flights because they had already handed out upgrades) and was told I would receive the mileage difference from F to Y of 12.5k miles. ORFIAH was booked in XN, but I was somehow booked IAHSAN in Y (not even YN). When I inquired the agent about this they told me not to worry it was just for reprotection purposes I would get my mileage back. Called on Monday, told I would have to wait 5 days. Called today and was told NO refund of miles because I was rebooked on the longest segment in standard Y. I explained it was IRROPs and not even booked in the correct YN class. No budge, I would have to send in copies of my itineraries and boarding passes for consideration of a refund of miles from customer care. HUCA, now 1.5 hours on the phone with reservations and MileagePlus arguing about whether they can issue a refund of miles.

Sigh....why is this is so complicated???
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
Of all the reasons I'm exploring jumping ship, the one that nags at me is the least specific, but the one that United could most easily fix: Everything they do feels deceitful.

It's so easy to manage impressions better than this. Maybe they're not that smart.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Syzygies
Of all the reasons I'm exploring jumping ship, the one that nags at me is the least specific, but the one that United could most easily fix: Everything they do feels deceitful.
Some times the planets just line up that way.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Calling won't get this fixed. Someone will have to go in and look at the keystrokes actually typed by the ORF agent. Send in a webform and try to make it into no more than 3 short declarative sentences.

Water under the bridge for OP and should not take passenger effort. But, it does. This was a lazy agent who simply did not want to rebook properly. Either insist that the agent do so or ask the agent to insert a note in the PNR notes regarding the miles being due even though the fare class does not reflect it.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Often1
Calling won't get this fixed. Someone will have to go in and look at the keystrokes actually typed by the ORF agent. Send in a webform and try to make it into no more than 3 short declarative sentences.

Water under the bridge for OP and should not take passenger effort. But, it does. This was a lazy agent who simply did not want to rebook properly. Either insist that the agent do so or ask the agent to insert a note in the PNR notes regarding the miles being due even though the fare class does not reflect it.
Finally got an awesome res supervisor who basically said screw MP I'm going to get Customer Care to resolve it. She admitted that front line employees will just grab whatever inventory they can to get you on your way so sometimes it complicates it but the documentation was there. I really can't fault the UA ORF agent either as they merely reprotected me just in the same way that in IRROPs does and sometimes we get lucky and get reprotected into Y vs what we were originally booked in; in this case it worked against me because I wasn't earning miles I was .

MP was acting ridiculous stating they never saw the ORFORDSAN ticket in the PNR, until I gave them the ticket #, but then kept telling me to send in boarding pass and receipt which in reality was no different than what they were able to see in SHARES. You'd think I was trying to take advantage of the fact that UA can't seem to run a reliable regional operation and was just out to steal miles.

Now the my dilemma is that having flown DL, customer service is SOOOO much better. Yet mileage redemption is like The Hunger Games. Not sure how CY15 is going to play out with who I end up flying if this nonsense keeps up
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Who cares about how the GA rebooked you. You flew in Y, you paid for F, a refund is due.

The folks who respond to the DOT complaints are both empowered and responsive. If you don't get satisfaction after a couple calls, and you're not in a hurry to get the issue resolved, it's a much less stressful course of action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.