Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to use UA.com to book partner flights to earn PQDs, booking PQMs,... Consolidated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
If a partner option will not show on united.com for a paid booking {likely a lack of codeshare}, see if it will show as a award booking. Award booking usually provide an option to purchase for $$$.

Related threads
Free Method for Getting 016/UA-Issued Tix for PQD
Will UA issue tickets on partner airlines if no UA/*A flight on itinerary?
Print Wikipost

How to use UA.com to book partner flights to earn PQDs, booking PQMs,... Consolidated

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Right, but for a 016 ticket - all VW fares should earn miles via the typical fare class x modifier formula (11 in my case as a 1K) ...
No, only on the fares where as a non-016 it is mileage earning.

Yes, understand that's a bit confused that the non-016 rules matter for 016 tickets but that is the system.

... VW doesn't have a fare class that earns PQD or PQM on any ticket stock for UA
To earn RDMs on a 016 ticket, the ticket must be PQD earning. and for VW only the fare class that are non-0% on non-016 tickets are PQD earning on a 016 ticket.

No RDMs or PQDs on 016-ticket for these VW fares
No mileage credit A, C, D, E, F, I, J, L, O, P, R, U, X
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
To earn RDMs on a 016 ticket, the ticket must be PQD earning. and for VW only the fare class that are non-0% on non-016 tickets are PQD earning on a 016 ticket.
OK, I can only go off of my experience and total frustration, so much so that I just gave up calling as it is such a small number it just doesn't matter.....
Everything in these 2 pics is how it happened on the computer, no manual manipulation by any agent happened as a result of my phone call - this is what prompted my calls and basically no one had any answer as to why...
2 flights 3 days apart - all on 016 ticket stock

To make things even more stupid - the flight on 4/9/2019 was my 4th flight that qualified me for my mile play promotion - but you had to book 4 flights > $800 in a premium cabin for my particular offer - if the PQD from the Aeromar flight didn't count that flight was < $800 as the total flight was like $826 and $55 of it was Aeromar, but I didn't get the credit, it says ineligible and agents said the same thing, yet they couldn't explain why 3 days later there was a correction and it counted

Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To make things even more stupid - the flight on 4/9/2019 was my 4th flight that qualified me for my mile play promotion - but you had to book 4 flights > $800 in a premium cabin for my particular offer - if the PQD from the Aeromar flight didn't count that flight was < $800 as the total flight was like $826 and $55 of it was Aeromar, but I didn't get the credit, it says ineligible and agents said the same thing, yet they couldn't explain why 3 days later there was a correction and it counted
Well.. the MilePlay T&C I've gotten have only ever counted PQD from UA-operated flights. I'd be surprised if yours didn't have the same disclaimer. I suppose it's possible that it's one of those rules that's written but not coded properly, but mostly I'd just say that Aeromar credit appears to be a mess. In this case, it seems the mess worked out for you. ^

I do want to revise my original statement, though, in lieu of what WineCountryUA posted. That chart does make it pretty clear that Aeromar flights should earn PQD, even if that's not stated on the Aeromar earning page. But, yes, if you're not sweating out a PQD threshold, it's probably not worth your time to chase after it.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
OK, I can only go off of my experience and total frustration, so much so that I just gave up calling as it is such a small number it just doesn't matter.....
Everything in these 2 pics is how it happened on the computer, no manual manipulation by any agent happened as a result of my phone call - this is what prompted my calls and basically no one had any answer as to why...
2 flights 3 days apart - all on 016 ticket stock

They should not earn miles per distance on 016 tickets. This is likely a coding problem. With 73 PQD it should earn 5x-11x of that. Perhaps a similar coding issue to WK where you always have to ask for PQMs to be adjusted because they never post automatically.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
They should not earn miles per distance on 016 tickets. This is likely a coding problem. With 73 PQD it should earn 5x-11x of that. Perhaps a similar coding issue to WK where you always have to ask for PQMs to be adjusted because they never post automatically.
Here is the kicker - if there are no PQD, the computer can't calculate the 5-11x (That is what I was told 3 separate times by the agents I spoke with)

After that, as was said above, I gave up calling cause I didn't care

I have flown this route 10-12 times over the past 9 months, so it isn't these 2, I have a whole slew of these and they all follow the same pattern.

No one from UA can explain why the one who essentially got PQD didn't get 11x (I am 1K) nor could they explain why I didn't get 11x on the one with no PQD other than to say if there is no PQD the computer wouldn't know what to multiply by 11x. They quickly realized they were in a circular argument and basically said sorry. Web team was basically not any more help other than to say they could over ride everything and "Make it work" I asked about making it work without "Overriding" they said they put in a bug report.

It is really just piss poor coding
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
It is really just piss poor coding
That is what it looks like. Other partner airlines have similar issues, like WK. An easy Email to MP fixes it, but really UA should address the coding issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.