Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA MP no longer partner with Avis Car Rental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21

Avis will honor existing reservations
Beginning November 1, 2014, Avis will no longer participate in the United MileagePlus frequent flyer program (MileagePlus Award Miles). Reservations booked prior to November 1, 2014, with scheduled vehicle pick-up dates through 10/31/2015, will earn United MileagePlus Award miles. New reservations booked on or after November 1, 2014 will not earn United MileagePlus Award miles.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 2, 2014 at 8:02 am Reason: Move post to new thread to improve visiblity and changed thread title to be less vague
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K & MM
Just like National. UA is serious about Hertz as exclusive.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton Gold; Starwood 50 Plat; Hyatt Plat; Avis Pres; Ritz Carlton Gold; Hertz Pres Club
You know I've been meaning to post on this site about this. I've been renting from Avis for years because I have the old Continental Pres Plus card and I get Pres status with Avis. Since August they've quit crediting my miles. I've written emails over and over. Nothing. Does anyone have a specific number to call to address missing credit?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
That sucks! Can you earn any hotel points with Avis?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:17 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by mapu
Yes, you can.

I have earned Hyatt Gold Passport points from renting cars with Avis in the past...
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:28 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by Skinut
Just like National. UA is serious about Hertz as exclusive.
Just a few days ago I booked a car on ual.com and Avis was still there along with Hertz as a preferred partner, but base mileage earning rate of 50 miles compared to Hertz with 500. If you click on the option to see all rental companies you see all the other rental car companies with a base earning rate of 50 miles, but they are all significantly cheaper than Hertz or Avis.

I was very happy with the big discounts we got this past summer with both Hertz and Avis with extra bonus miles from ual.com. It's looking like it will be Hertz only with the extra miles going forward but at a significant premium. Too bad. Back to expedia for car rentals for me.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:05 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mapu
They give a boat load of club Carlson points for three day rentals.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:42 am

I just looked at booking a car on ual.com. Preferred partners option only shows Hertz and selecting show all partners only adds Dollar and Thrifty. That's really terrible. Why has everyone else packed up and gone?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:55 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by uanj
I just looked at booking a car on ual.com. Preferred partners option only shows Hertz and selecting show all partners only adds Dollar and Thrifty. That's really terrible. Why has everyone else packed up and gone?
...because United Airlines apparently wants Hertz to be its exclusive car rental partner. I do not believe that the now-former car rental company partners had a choice.

Hertz is not being quite so exclusive, however, as it still partners with other domestic airlines in the United States...
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
...because United Airlines apparently wants Hertz to be its exclusive car rental partner. I do not believe that the now-former car rental company partners had a choice.

Hertz is not being quite so exclusive, however, as it still partners with other domestic airlines in the United States...
Unfortunately for United the rental rates are not that good. This could end up a bust.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by alwaysflyingunited
You know I've been meaning to post on this site about this. I've been renting from Avis for years because I have the old Continental Pres Plus card and I get Pres status with Avis. Since August they've quit crediting my miles. I've written emails over and over. Nothing. Does anyone have a specific number to call to address missing credit?
If it stopped crediting in August, then it's unlikely to be related to this. Did you change AWD codes in August? My former company's AWD code did not allow any mileage accrual.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Question Avis Presidents Club via Presidential Plus Card

I wonder what will happen to the current Avis Presidents Club benefit afforded Presidential Plus cardmembers?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
I wonder what will happen to the current Avis Presidents Club benefit afforded Presidential Plus cardmembers?
http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...esidentialplus

It will end Dec 31, 2015 (although enrollment will end next month).
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by edcho
http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...esidentialplus

It will end Dec 31, 2015 (although enrollment will end next month).
Thanks. That Presidential Plus card benefit has made me an exclusive Avis customer since I received the PP card. Great benefit which I hate to see go.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
I always liked getting the upgrade from Avis, im 6ft 4 so a upgrade was always nice, I booked a full size and then got X. I read the fine print on the new Hertz/United love fest and it states " Maximum upgrade is to a full size.."

I guess this is another thing UA tells me I'm going to like....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.