Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SwisherTown
Enrollment link: http://united.com/hertzstatus
Overview

Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertz-faqs.aspx

CHICAGO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the airline is expanding its partnership with Hertz to offer elevated travel benefits to members of the airline's MileagePlus loyalty program, at Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands become United's exclusive car rental partners beginning Nov. 1. Special perks are also in store for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.

MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
1,250 miles – MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
1,000 miles – MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
750 miles – Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
500 miles – MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.

Travelers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.

Elite Benefits

Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President's Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in the United States and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation; and
Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in the United States and Canada and select European locations.
Questions/discussion of Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program or specific rental locations should be directed to that forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/
Print Wikipost

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by mkr
When one books Hertz through the UA website, there is a Box to enter one's Hertz Gold Member #. Make sure that in one's Hertz website profile that earning preference is set to points, if one wants points.
Another data point regarding this.

I just booked via UA for Hertz and I input my Gold # in the spot provided, as well as a coupon code.

Everything transferred fine to Hertz and I received a confirmation from both UA and Hertz.

Since I had an issue earlier this year with getting UA miles instead of the Hertz points I prefer, I decided to call.

Seems that the reservation made via the UA website, even though it had my Hertz # was showing I was to receive UA miles. Even though my profile is set for Hertz points.

The rep changed it while I was on the phone.

So either the above post isn't correct, or something has changed, or the rep was wrong - take a pick

Heads up if you book via UA but want Hertz points. You may have to call no matter what is defaulted in your profile.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Is this United promotion saying that as a 1K, if I book a midsize or higher, the total points awarded will be 1250 (1K) + 1500 (promotion) = 2750?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
On the phone with a MileagePlus service representative somewhere in India...only got credit 500 miles for my rental in DEN (even though as a Platinum, I should earn 1,250). Also claiming that the current promotion where you get an extra 1,500 miles does not post for 6-8 weeks. Debating whether I should tough this one out, HUACA, or try calling when I might get someone based in the U.S. who can understand what I am saying.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
On the phone with a MileagePlus service representative somewhere in India...only got credit 500 miles for my rental in DEN (even though as a Platinum, I should earn 1,250). Also claiming that the current promotion where you get an extra 1,500 miles does not post for 6-8 weeks. Debating whether I should tough this one out, HUACA, or try calling when I might get someone based in the U.S. who can understand what I am saying.
Seems dealing with Hertz would be the better approach.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
My recent experience has been that the 500 miles post about two weeks after return, and the extra 750 miles a further two or so weeks later.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mackenzie77
Is this United promotion saying that as a 1K, if I book a midsize or higher, the total points awarded will be 1250 (1K) + 1500 (promotion) = 2750?
Yes indeed. It seems though that it needs to be booked with the given CDP and the coupon code.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The coupon code makes the booking about $40 more expensive for me. I'm not into buying miles.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:45 am

I rented a car last week in Kansas City. As a Silver, I should get 1000 miles. I noticed only 500 miles posted to my account. I called United for the extra 500 miles and they said I needed to call Hertz. I called Hertz and they said I needed to email United. I emailed United and they said I needed to email Hertz. The Hertz email form had no open comments section, so they must have thought I received no miles at all. I could not clarify I was just seeking the bonus miles. Hertz just emailed back this morning saying the 500 standard miles were already put in my account.

Long story short, I do not as of yet have the additional 500 bonus miles. And it is clear nobody at either United or Hertz was trained on this program.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lenscap
I rented a car last week in Kansas City. As a Silver, I should get 1000 miles. I noticed only 500 miles posted to my account. I called United for the extra 500 miles and they said I needed to call Hertz. I called Hertz and they said I needed to email United. I emailed United and they said I needed to email Hertz. The Hertz email form had no open comments section, so they must have thought I received no miles at all. I could not clarify I was just seeking the bonus miles. Hertz just emailed back this morning saying the 500 standard miles were already put in my account.

Long story short, I do not as of yet have the additional 500 bonus miles. And it is clear nobody at either United or Hertz was trained on this program.
Already addressed several times in the thread.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:09 pm

At 2750 per rental for platinum and 1K members this is an interesting way to build up miles. If you can find cheap, daily car rentals you could rack up a ton of miles. If I had a the time I could do 36 rentals and get almost 100k miles. Cost would be around $1000 at a local hertz location.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by olouie
At 2750 per rental for platinum and 1K members this is an interesting way to build up miles. If you can find cheap, daily car rentals you could rack up a ton of miles. If I had a the time I could do 36 rentals and get almost 100k miles. Cost would be around $1000 at a local hertz location.
Just picked up a $50 rental car for my day trip to STL next weekend.... nets me 2,750 miles + a few points ... + a nice upgrade car for the weekend since I am PC.

I love the idea... should see if I can do some multiple rentals in the coming weeks.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
The multiple rental idea is a smart one.

I do wonder if you could (theoretically) take a 3-day trip and make a return trip / pickup trip every single day - would that be a way of running up the mileage account without running afoul of any rules (aside from a dirty / quizzical look)?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Are you sure this is the case? Here is a copy and paste from the FAQs (bolding mine):

"Earning MileagePlus miles with Hertz is easy; members just need to add their MileagePlus number to their car rental reservation when they book through united.com, Hertz.com, a travel agency or any other channel. Miles can be earned on car rentals picked up at any airport or off-airport location."
Can someone ascertain this? I have the following issue
If I go directly to the Hertz and use the AAA(auto club) CDP, I get to save $20 on my three day rental by using "pay now" option. Booking the same exact car through United.com doesn't give me the pay now option however gives me 1,500 bonus miles.

I just want to be sure that as chase Mileageplus card member I at get the 750 miles since my Hertz Rewards membership has my Mileageplus and AAdvantage numbers.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:51 pm

So according to the United rep I just spoke with the 1500 mile promotion is only available 6 to 8 weeks after THE PROMOTION END date not the rental date.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:54 am

Anyone have a working enrollment link? The pages at http://united.com/hertzstatus and https://hertzstatus.mileageplus.com/ are down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.