Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SwisherTown
Enrollment link: http://united.com/hertzstatus
Overview

Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertz-faqs.aspx

CHICAGO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the airline is expanding its partnership with Hertz to offer elevated travel benefits to members of the airline's MileagePlus loyalty program, at Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands become United's exclusive car rental partners beginning Nov. 1. Special perks are also in store for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.

MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
1,250 miles – MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
1,000 miles – MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
750 miles – Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
500 miles – MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.

Travelers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.

Elite Benefits

Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President's Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in the United States and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation; and
Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in the United States and Canada and select European locations.
Questions/discussion of Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program or specific rental locations should be directed to that forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/
Print Wikipost

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Looks like yesterday was the day. I got mine at 7:34pm ET. Too bad Hertz isn't one of our corporate preferred rental agencies.
Same here, mine showed up yesterday at 7:52 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Also recieved my email yesterday
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
For anyone interested - as I've seen some are in the same boat as me where National/Enterprise is required by your company - I successfully status matched to Emerald Club, took less than 24 hours after my request. Sent copy of my card and screen shot of my status from Hertz sight, and approved.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP (3MM Lifetime), Marriott Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
No luck here, and it has been over two weeks...tried contacting Hertz, they told me to contact United, contacted United who tells me to contact Hertz...stuck in an endless loop with no end in sight.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
10 Days for Status to be updated on Hertz Site

Applied 1/13, Received status today 1/23... 10 days total.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Applied on 1/8. Still waiting...

I'm curious how many other folks in addition to KWShark and me are at 2+ weeks. It seems like most everyone else on this thread is having their Hertz status update much more quickly.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I haven't heard anything, but I was PC last year and missed it by 1 rental, and my status hasn't changed. Maybe it was the United-Hertz request that I put in or maybe it was just Hertz keeping me on PC. I've never received any emails besides the original,and I think I did that on the 6th.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:39 am

PC status worth exactly what I paid for it

My first rental since getting PC status through the new offer. Got the status confirmed email, and website showed my PC status before I booked, as did the rental paperwork, so there's no doubt I was considered PC. Arrived BWI at 6pm on a Sunday. Quiet day, Hertz lot absolutely full of cars. My preassignment for an Intermediate class was in space 365, absolutely the last spot in the lot, about a 10 minute walk dragging bags through the freezing lot. Car was a VW Passat with 51,000 miles on it. Really? Seriously? Dragged bags back to in lot Gold counter. Closed at 6pm. Really? Looked at remaining cars in Gold Choice spaces. Hyundai with 52,000 miles, etc. etc. Went back inside to main counter, waited in line for 15 minutes. Offered Honda Accord. Really?? Told him he was going to give me a Mercedes at the price I originally reserved. Got a 250 with 2,800 miles at the C class price. Took merely 30 minutes extra. Really??
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
"Your request for Hertz elite status was not successful"

After over three weeks of waiting I received an email from United entitled "Your request for Hertz elite status was not successful." The email states "Your Hertz Gold Plus® Rewards number cannot be found under your name" and tells me to contact Hertz Customer Service.

I've verified the names on both accounts match, and calling Hertz has gotten me nowhere. I've spoken with 3 different Hertz Gold Plus Customer Service agents (including a supervisor), and none of them know anything about the Hertz/United partnership. I spoke to a wonderful agent at MileagePlus Customer Service who says they don't have a direct contact at Hertz to resolve this issue, so my only option is to resubmit the request again and wait another 2-3 weeks. She was genuinely apologetic and said I'm not the first customer she's had recently with this issue.

When I go back onto the United enrollment website, it no longer allows me to request a Hertz status since my first request was not successful.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: United 1K
Go a similar e-mail after 19 days.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by exerda
Hertz's current stratification of rental car classes make it simple for them to give you an "upgrade" which is worthless.
+1. There are so many different rental classes that the "upgrade" is irrelevant. It's like if UA considered each row a different class of service, and gave everyone a complementary one cabin upgrade.

You can have that one for free, Jeff.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
After over three weeks of waiting I received an email from United entitled "Your request for Hertz elite status was not successful." The email states "Your Hertz Gold Plus® Rewards number cannot be found under your name" and tells me to contact Hertz Customer Service.

I've verified the names on both accounts match, and calling Hertz has gotten me nowhere. I've spoken with 3 different Hertz Gold Plus Customer Service agents (including a supervisor), and none of them know anything about the Hertz/United partnership. I spoke to a wonderful agent at MileagePlus Customer Service who says they don't have a direct contact at Hertz to resolve this issue, so my only option is to resubmit the request again and wait another 2-3 weeks. She was genuinely apologetic and said I'm not the first customer she's had recently with this issue.

When I go back onto the United enrollment website, it no longer allows me to request a Hertz status since my first request was not successful.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

-FlyerBeek
I'm having the same issue. So far, I haven't found a solution. But, I feel your pain.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I have a different issue. I made a reservation via UA, as it was cheaper. I then added it to my Hertz profile.

What I didn't know was that UA inserted by FF number in the reservation and I earned miles instead of points - apparently if it appears in your account it defaults to miles.

So now I'm stuck without the first stay of the Hertz promotion towards triple miles. Their customer service told me it could not be changed to points instead of miles.

So heads up - if you book through UA make sure your FF number doesn't end up in it if you want points rather than miles.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:59 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I have a different issue. I made a reservation via UA, as it was cheaper. I then added it to my Hertz profile.

What I didn't know was that UA inserted by FF number in the reservation and I earned miles instead of points - apparently if it appears in your account it defaults to miles.

So now I'm stuck without the first stay of the Hertz promotion towards triple miles. Their customer service told me it could not be changed to points instead of miles.

So heads up - if you book through UA make sure your FF number doesn't end up in it if you want points rather than miles.
When one books Hertz through the UA website, there is a Box to enter one's Hertz Gold Member #. Make sure that in one's Hertz website profile that earning preference is set to points, if one wants points.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That was my mistake. I just made the reservation without entering my Hertz number and I thought adding it to my profile would default to my preferred earnings.

I was wrong.

This is just a heads up to everyone else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.