Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United CIO Comes from Canada's Most-Complained-About Telecom

New United CIO Comes from Canada's Most-Complained-About Telecom

Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I can assure to she doesn't share your views, either.
Given the horrific service reputation of her previous company I suspect you're right.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:11 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Moderator Note:

Please stay focused as this thread is about United's new CIO (and what she can hopefully bring to United and fix what we all know is broken in some manner shape or form) and I have deleted several posts which were off topic.

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: UA G
This worries me. Her penchant to outsource gives me flashbacks to the old PMUA .bomb team. The old United . com was several orders or magnitude worse than the current website and was the product of a Mish mash of outsourced developers and IT contractors. I don't miss those days and I really hope that's not what we end up with again.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: CO Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by unavaca
This worries me. Her penchant to outsource gives me flashbacks to the old PMUA .bomb team. The old United . com was several orders or magnitude worse than the current website and was the product of a Mish mash of outsourced developers and IT contractors. I don't miss those days and I really hope that's not what we end up with again.
My understanding of CO IT from one of the CO DOs several years back is that most of the actual development work was outsourced to either CSC or EDS. If that was (is?) still true, it's not as though pmCO employees were doing most of the technical work anyway.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, GE/Nexus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cmdinnyc
My understanding of CO IT from one of the CO DOs several years back is that most of the actual development work was outsourced to either CSC or EDS. If that was (is?) still true, it's not as though pmCO employees were doing most of the technical work anyway.
And, with her background, that (outsourcing) is likely to happen again.
However, this time around it will be managed by someone whose has the relevant expertise (and herding cats skills!), so the result should well be different that the ol' pmUA .bomb... hopefully.

I cannot help but be encouraged (pleasantly surprised) that SMI/J and Co. went for an outsider for a CIO. And IT scuttlebutt is all thumbs up, for what that is worth...
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Is her name pronounced "Joe-Joe" or, more Spanish, "Ho-Ho" or (apologies to the hotel chain) Ho-Jo? Not trying to be cute; just wondering.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.