Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United 787-9 (non-Polaris seat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
General consensus: In United Polaris business Cabin, 1D and 6D/E are the best seats on this plane due to the giant footrest area and direct aisle access without anyone having to step over you to get to the aisle. 1E is very close to the forward lav, however.
For further details, see poster #1 and also 787-8 thread. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1394369-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-united-dreamliner-787-8-a.html
UA 787-9 link

Fixed bassinets available at 6AB, 6KL, 16ABC, 16DEF, 16JKL, 29DEF

related thread - Everything You Want to Know about Where to Sit on the 789 true Polaris and PP version
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United 787-9 (non-Polaris seat)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by findark
6KL, no competition. Rows 1 and 6 have the larger footwells, and K/L is the shady side of the plane for this flight.
Only a couple hours is in the daylight...
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United MileagePlus Silver
Does anyone know if the 787-9 SFO-SIN flight has ever changed aircraft to a 787-8? My seats are 6D/E for the round-trip 787-9, but I'm concerned if there may be an aircraft change.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Only a couple hours is in the daylight...
Considering many of us like to sleep all the way home on the westbound TPAC, a couple of hours of sun in the face is not insignificant.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
The left side, middle zone (rows 6-24) windows wouldn't darken, and the first half of SIN-LAX is in bright daylight from that side, so FA brought out these black vinyl-ish shades, peeled em off a plastic backing, and stuck em onto the windows:
Huh? I just flew SIN-LAX a few weeks ago ... the right side gets most of the bright sunlight, not left
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by malgudi
Huh? I just flew SIN-LAX a few weeks ago ... the right side gets most of the bright sunlight, not left
Since the right side windows all were darkened, sure seemed that there was a helluva lot of light coming in the left side. Look at the picture, rather than questioning my sanity (see post 448)

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Jan 21, 2018 at 10:38 am Reason: Typo
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since the right side windows all were darkened, sure seemed that there was a helluva lot of light coming in the left side. Look at the picture, rather than questioning my sanity
Were those vinyl things hand-cut? They look it!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by fumje
Were those vinyl things hand-cut? They look it!
FA pulled a stack of them out of some compartment, peeled the yellow plastic backing off, & stuck em to window. No cutting involved.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FA pulled a stack of them out of some compartment, peeled the yellow plastic backing off, & stuck em to window. No cutting involved.
Must be the slapdash application of them then, they sure look like they don't fit the window properly.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
Considering many of us like to sleep all the way home on the westbound TPAC, a couple of hours of sun in the face is not insignificant.
MEL->LAX is a really, LONG sleep.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Must be the slapdash application of them then, they sure look like they don't fit the window properly.
Fair assessment.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Flying LAX - NRT in November. Have pretty much pick of any BF seat. Flight leaves at 11:30 AM and arrives at 3:40 PM. Any input on what would be best? Two passengers, over 6 ft. Seems 6 KL are the favorites. We're pretty much going to be flying during the daytime if I'm not mistaken, and would like to get some sleep if possible, but would also like to have a nice view.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
1AB, 6DE, or 6KL depending on your relative preference for good windows, aisle access, or shady windows, respectively.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
How tilted are the seats on the 787-9? The seats on the 787-8 point straight ahead for the most part. However, seatguru shows the seats on the 787-9 turned more to the side than the 787-8.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:59 am

I sat in 6D last year based on the raves in this thread. While I was comfortable, I couldn't sleep at all. The galley was the FA's hangout spot. They had a lot of camaraderie and, boy howdy, did they laugh it up the whole way from SFO to HND. Now I've got a SFO-SIN coming up and figuring I'll sit in the front section.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by venomtrilogy
I sat in 6D last year based on the raves in this thread. While I was comfortable, I couldn't sleep at all. The galley was the FA's hangout spot. They had a lot of camaraderie and, boy howdy, did they laugh it up the whole way from SFO to HND. Now I've got a SFO-SIN coming up and figuring I'll sit in the front section.
earplugs? Noise-canceling headphones? I haven’t had this problem on many many flights in 6DE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.