Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is There a Workaround For The Award Search Calendar View Bug?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is There a Workaround For The Award Search Calendar View Bug?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Question Is There a Workaround For The Award Search Calendar View Bug?

Hi,

We all know that the nice calendar showing availability of awards was very useful. It would something not be available only to show up the next day.

Now on a search from MEL->SFO for Jan 2015 it hasn't shown up in well over a week.

Can anyone suggest a workaround? I don't want to type in every single date and search for availability.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by inpd
Hi,
Now on a search from MEL->SFO for Jan 2015 it hasn't shown up in well over a week
Don't have a solution, but I did notice recently that the calendar was working for flights SFO==>LHR, but not for flights on the same dates LHR==>SFO. This was for dates in August 2015.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I think that when the calendar does not show you any other dates, just the date you put in, it infers that there are no available flights within a long range of dates. Try the previous month and see if any dates come up.

Remember, Smisek is trying to do away with MP, as is evident by the lack of Award availability.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
Remember, Smisek is trying to do away with MP, as is evident by the lack of Award availability.
MP is the most profitable portion of the airline. Look to the reduction in capacity and the billions of miles issued by Chase as the real culprits.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
MP is the most profitable portion of the airline. Look to the reduction in capacity and the billions of miles issued by Chase as the real culprits.
Or they are now pillaging MP to shore up numbers/stock price at the cost of the long-term success of the "loyalty" program.

Short term thinking seems to be the rage of late....
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I think that when the calendar does not show you any other dates, just the date you put in, it infers that there are no available flights within a long range of dates.
Thanks.

That's not the way its worked for the last five years.

What would happen is you would put in your dates. If Saver awards were available they would show you a list of them, OTHERWISE you'd get the calendar with the green entries showing when availability exists for Y/J saver.

Now I get nothing ...
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
I think that when the calendar does not show you any other dates, just the date you put in, it infers that there are no available flights within a long range of dates. Try the previous month and see if any dates come up.
Demonstrably not the situation in my case. There were non-saver seats available every day of the month that had opened up, but the map would not come up LHR==>SFO.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Or they are now pillaging MP to shore up numbers/stock price at the cost of the long-term success of the "loyalty" program.

Short term thinking seems to be the rage of late....
Short term thinking has been the rage among US companies for decades.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by inpd
Hi,

We all know that the nice calendar showing availability of awards was very useful. It would something not be available only to show up the next day.

Now on a search from MEL->SFO for Jan 2015 it hasn't shown up in well over a week.

Can anyone suggest a workaround? I don't want to type in every single date and search for availability.

Thanks in advance.
The only thing that seems to work is flying from Sydney or from Mel to LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.