Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fare Increase implemented today [19 SEP 2014]?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat

Looks like UA has implemented a fare increase today...been watching LAS-BNA for holidays and T bucket increased $6 each way..no frame of reference on other routes, however. Another reason that UA boosts my desire to fly them!

Last edited by boss315; Sep 19, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Looks like you are correct. $3 one way increase on a fare I was watching. Seems to be in the past couple of hours.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I bought a ticket to LHR on Tuesday. I checked on Wednesday to see if the fare had gone down within the 24-hour period and the W fare was $300 higher; buckets lower than W increased $200 on the r/t. Checked again Thursday and it was up an additional $50.

I was happy I bought it on Tuesday.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
A couple weeks ago they sent out an email to buy tickets during their fare sale, which was valid through September 18.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:38 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Air Houston
A couple weeks ago they sent out an email to buy tickets during their fare sale, which was valid through September 18.
Well that explains it. Thanks! I rarely pay attention to their air fare "sale" emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.