Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated BRU connection time/logistics/lounges

Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
related thread
AMS or BRU: which is easier connection

BRU is scheduled to get PreClearance for USA flights, implementation date is unknown
Print Wikipost

Consolidated BRU connection time/logistics/lounges

Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:55 pm

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by AugustW
We connected through BRU on Saturday and went to the Diamond Lounge in B. I can report that the showers were available and in use.

AW
Great! When I went through last May, nothing was open and I was sleeping on the floor for 8hrs connection....
Something to look for when I go through BRU at the end of next week.

Last edited by Atuchan; Sep 10, 2021 at 9:49 pm
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
*A lounges have been departure only for a very long time. Some carriers allow arrival access if arriving on their operated flights to that carrier's lounges (UA, LH, ...)
Years ago there were "arrival" arrangments (from pmCO) but those disappeared a long time ago. There were preCOVID a few limited access arrival lounges (SFO, LHR, FRA, ...). Bottom line plan on just departure access unless you are arriving on the lounge operator's flights.
Are these arrival lounges still available to UA J customers arriving on redeyes (as in 2019)?
- Lufthansa Welcome Lounge Frankfurt
- Heathrow arrivals lounge to the left before T2 bag claim
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Are these arrival lounges still available to UA J customers arriving on redeyes (as in 2019)?
- Lufthansa Welcome Lounge Frankfurt
- Heathrow arrivals lounge to the left before T2 bag claim
Both are presently closed - unclear if or when they will re-open, arrival lounges are a vanishing feature

PreCOVID an arriving Polaris customer had access (up to noon or so)

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge (all closed, UC 2021Q4?)

"Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 10, 2021 at 9:47 pm Reason: (up to noon or so)
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CIT85
Are there COVID restrictions when connecting BRU to rest of EU from USA? I have a planned trip to Portugal in November that connects in BRU.
see this post.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33566688-post705.html
But another post said the opposite:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33567154-post706.html
Another post said otherwise.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33567500-post707.html

Last edited by Kmxu; Sep 14, 2021 at 12:30 pm Reason: Add more ppst links.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:28 am

I am transiting BRU right now and just to report on the latest. No SN lounge opened at Terminal B but anyone eligible could use Diamond Lounge instead. The food offering in the morning at the Diamond lounge is quite limited but they have nice beer servers. Shower is also available at the Diamond lounge.

My flight to Africa is leaving from Terminal B instead of Terminal T so I am not sure if the Sunrise lounge is open.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
When transiting BRU (EWR-BRU-VLC - to VLC Spain via LX):
- Any lounge options for *A/Priority Pass
- Do I need to fill out a Passenger Locator Form
- Is a Covid test <72 hrs needed (looks like US vaccination certificate is sufficient?)
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by miasmal
- Is a Covid test <72 hrs needed (looks like US vaccination certificate is sufficient?)
SN and Diamond Lounge (see post just prior to yours)
No
US Vacc card sufficient. but ofcourse you should look up the requirements for your own specific exerience.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by miasmal
1) Since it is Schengen, I think you could also use Loft at Terminal A
2) I was asked to provide PLC at the EWR Checki-n counter even though I am transiting Intl to Intl (NOn Schengen)
3) I think you need COVID test <72hrs for flying out of EWR intetnaionally, no? I think all international travel to and from US needs COVID test result <72hrs.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Atuchan
1) Since it is Schengen, I think you could also use Loft at Terminal A
2) I was asked to provide PLC at the EWR Checki-n counter even though I am transiting Intl to Intl (NOn Schengen)
3) I think you need COVID test <72hrs for flying out of EWR intetnaionally, no? I think all international travel to and from US needs COVID test result <72hrs.
Did you say that a PCR test within 72 h is required for transfer at BRU? Since my destination is MXP, I will need two COVID-19 tests to leave a UA hub for BRU. The test for Italy has a shorter time limit.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Did you say that a PCR test within 72 h is required for transfer at BRU? Since my destination is MXP, I will need two COVID-19 tests to leave a UA hub for BRU. The test for Italy has a shorter time limit.
You will need zero tests if you are vaccinated. Only the vaccine is accepted to transit Belgium. Italy will accept a vaccine or test to enter from Belgium
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
How is BRU these days for US-bound departures? How much time (leaving from BRU not connecting)
Answering my own question - Very slow immigration line. Probably an hour for non-EU passports (and maybe longer for EU). Add in security, which was faster. With checking bags it was 1h30 or 1h45 before getting through to gate area. Subtract 20-30m if carrying on.

Last edited by drewguy; Jul 17, 2022 at 3:26 am
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lounges in BRU for Polaris?

The United app shows three lounges at BRU: The Loft, Sunrise, and Diamond. Which of these is best? Which one can you get into with a Polaris BP? Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
The United app shows three lounges at BRU: The Loft, Sunrise, and Diamond. Which of these is best? Which one can you get into with a Polaris BP? Thanks!
The Loft is the best option. I do not know whether or not the other two are currently open. I visited the Loft last October. It did provide both cold and hot foods and drink bar.
Immigration inspection was very quick. So, it does not matter which one you choose.
Happy travels.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Diamond was where we were directed in July - *G doesn't get you in, just Polaris. I didn't realize there were other options.

Anyway, some warm food, pour your own beer, etc. Nothing exceptional, but good enough, and with views of the ramp.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; former GS
I flew BRU -ORD in March and there were no lounges open for *G. I had the same experience in AMS and PRG. Is this a pandemic thing? It seems like all (many) of the third party lounges in Europe are now only open to business class. With no terminal hopping in most airports *G isn't worth much anymore in terms of lounge access.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.