Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated BRU connection time/logistics/lounges

Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
related thread
AMS or BRU: which is easier connection

BRU is scheduled to get PreClearance for USA flights, implementation date is unknown
Print Wikipost

Consolidated BRU connection time/logistics/lounges

Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Everetl is arriving from Africa connection to UA F so I don't think Arrivals "Hotel Lounge" applies here.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:36 am

lounge with showers at BRU?

does anyone know if there are any *A or UA-1k accessible lounges with showers at BRU? arriving on UA950 and would like to shower before my connection. thanks for the info!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Star Alliance Lounge Finder
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The Loft in Pier A (where I am assuming you'll have to go for an intra-EU flight) is great. I arrived after EWR-BRU and didn't have to wait for a shower.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Question BRU transfer between SN and UA?

I have long layover at BRU between SN flight from TLV and UA Flight to IAD. I have UA *Gold. Can I use the LOFT lounge (I want to nap) or am I restricted to the SUITE lounge (assuming UA always departs Pier B)? Also, assuming Gold Track in BRU still operating given revised security procedures in most European airports?

Many thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I have long layover at BRU between SN flight from TLV and UA Flight to IAD. I have UA *Gold. Can I use the LOFT lounge (I want to nap) or am I restricted to the SUITE lounge (assuming UA always departs Pier B)? Also, assuming Gold Track in BRU still operating given revised security procedures in most European airports?

Many thanks!
I'm assuming you're eligible to enter Schengen territory. The access policy doesn't prevent you from using THE LOFT (see this topic as well), but since that lounge is in the Schengen territory, you would not only need to re-clear security (with possibly enhanced screening for US-bound since July 2017) but you would also need to pass immigration to go there and again through border control (but no security) to go back to Terminal B and still allow for enough time for the security interview at UA's transfer desk and possibly even more baggage screening at the gate. Immigration may have long lines since the automated gates are currently disabled because of new legislation requiring more intense screening at the border.

*G Track is operating but only for security, not for immigration and the lane may be closed during periods of low traffic. BRU now also has "Express Connection" cards which are supposed to help you cut in line at immigration but I doubt they will give you one if you have ample time and your ticketed itinerary doesn't require you to pass immigration in the first place.

Note that there have been recent changes in the transfer routes from Terminal B, be sure to follow the signs and turn right before the immigration lines leading to the carousels (make sure to not follow the masses or you will end up in those lines).

Last edited by mozilla; Aug 4, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Suites (non-Schengen) will allow you to use the showers at the Priority Pass lounge, but there are only two and the wait can be over an hour.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
We're flying EWR-BRU-CDG next week. The BRU (Brussels) connection is 1h20 minute....that should be doable if our flight gets in on time. The question is if it doesn't. Our connecting flight with Brussels Airlines to Paris departs at 9:25am and is the last non-stop flight of the day. By far, our best alternative if we miss it is to take a train to Paris....they run every 15-30 minutes with a time of just over 2 hours into central Paris.vs 5 hours plus on an alternate flight with stops....Ideally, UA pays for the train, but most importantly we don't want the remainder of our ticket cancelled out of we don't make the scheduled flight and decide to take the train....How should this be handled at BRU if we miss our connecting flight? Call UA? deal with Brussels Airlines? or what?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:59 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hughw
We're flying EWR-BRU-CDG next week. The BRU (Brussels) connection is 1h20 minute....that should be doable if our flight gets in on time. The question is if it doesn't. Our connecting flight with Brussels Airlines to Paris departs at 9:25am and is the last non-stop flight of the day. By far, our best alternative if we miss it is to take a train to Paris....they run every 15-30 minutes with a time of just over 2 hours into central Paris.vs 5 hours plus on an alternate flight with stops....Ideally, UA pays for the train, but most importantly we don't want the remainder of our ticket cancelled out of we don't make the scheduled flight and decide to take the train....How should this be handled at BRU if we miss our connecting flight? Call UA? deal with Brussels Airlines? or what?
If a carrier causes you to missing a connection, you deal with that carier. If that carrier counters are closed, goto the carrier of the onward connection. And if that does not work call / contact the carrier issing the ticket. But the formal IATA rule is the carrier that created the problem, owns the issue. Acting independently will lead to much grief with future flights.

This is the process at any airport, with any group of carriers.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:15 am

UA Brussels connection

Flying UA, ORD to BRU with a connecting flight to Marseille via Brussels Airlines. I seen various comments on Facebook that the security lines at BRU are sometimes very long and mismanaged. Has anyone experienced problems? Our layover in BRU is 2.5 hrs. I think that should be more than enough time.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I think if your flight is on time, the 2.5 hours is more than enough time, I would not worry. I doubt it would take that long.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Last time I connected in BRU security/immigration took about 25 minutes. But, I was in the non EU line.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by robertjw
...Our layover in BRU is 2.5 hrs. I think that should be more than enough time.
Far more time than you need, even if terminal transfer required.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold
Went through in Feb and it was 10 mins. Last week over an hour in the non-EU line.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
What's the passport control queue like in the morning (around 9am) at BRU (fall travel)?

I have an upcoming flight from LHR to BRU (operated by Eurowing for Brussels Air), connecting onto UA 1x daily flight to EWR. Flight from LHR has a scheduled arrival time of 9am, and the flight from BRU has a scheduled departure time of 10am. All on one 016 ticket.

If there are departures delays from LHR, can I ask UA to re-accommodate me from LHR back to the states?

If there are arrival delays at BRU, or long passport control queue, I think my best shot would be ask for re-accommodation on the BRU-IAD flight - correct? The SN flight to JFK leaves 25 minutes after the UA flight to EWR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.