Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[CONFIRMED] GPU's expiring on Jan, 31 2015 will be extended (max 2 GPU'S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhyPayRent
As of Dec 4, 2014, up to 2 Jan 31 2015 expiring GPUs can be extended to April 30, 2015
- Call or email 1K/GS agents to request
- Must have re-qualified for 2015 as 1K (or GS)
- No extension for RPUs

In past this must be done prior to expiration, would assume the same this time also.
Print Wikipost

[CONFIRMED] GPU's expiring on Jan, 31 2015 will be extended (max 2 GPU'S)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
yep -- typically early to mid-November before the pushing out of GPUs becomes possible AND there is no guarantee it will happen (but I'm guessing it will).
And it has always only applied to people who have requalified. If you're in this group, just use a 2015 GPU and have them adjust the expirations after the fact. If you're not in this group, you have a close to zero chance.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
My experience has been different. As of two weeks ago, I was told the ability to extend has not yet been granted. Anyone else have success?
I must have drawn the lucky bean. UA extended my GPU to upgrade a Feb 2 return flight. They did this a couple of months ago. It may not matter but when I asked to extend, the gpu would immediately clear. This happened a couple of months ago.

Btw, i have not requalified yet.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:11 pm

fwiw i wrote 1kvoice yesterday about this (i have a flight in February) and got this reply. i have not requalified.

Hello Jon,

We’re always glad to hear from Premier 1K members like you. Thanks for writing.

Global Premier and Regional Premier Upgrades are valid through the end of the following Premier program year. Travel must be completed by the expiration date. We are unable to extend these upgrades past their expiration.

Thank you for selecting MileagePlus as your frequent flyer program. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxx
MileagePlus
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by FlyerTom111
If you call in they can push 2 upgrades from expiring in January to April.
Was any one able to extend a couple of RPU's in the past year? Or was it just for GPU's? Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Fixed this for you:

Hello Jon,

We’re always glad to hear from Premier 1K members like you. Thanks for writing.

Global Premier and Regional Premier Upgrades are valid through the end of the following Premier program year. Travel must be completed by the expiration date. We are unable to could very easily extend these upgrades past their expiration, but believe you have no meaningful choice in your air travel decisions, and therefore see no reason to extend you this small courtesy.

Thank you for selecting MileagePlus as your frequent flyer program. We look forward to serving you giving you the finger again soon.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxx
MileagePlus
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Fixed this for you:
LOL thanks!!!! (and i definitely can't argue with you! shh -- they aren't valuing me anymore, so i'm not valuing them next year)
Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
When will UA start extending GPU's that expire 1/31/15?

When will UA start extending GPU's that expire On 1/31/15? I called 1k customer service and they said that the company has not said anything yet about extending the GPU's that are expiring 1/31/15.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bajong
When will UA start extending GPU's that expire On 1/31/15? I called 1k customer service and they said that the company has not said anything yet about extending the GPU's that are expiring 1/31/15.
Have you requalified for 1K yet? That typically has been the first criterion.

Last edited by UA-NYC; Nov 1, 2014 at 9:26 pm
Old Nov 1, 2014, 9:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bajong
When will UA start extending GPU's that expire On 1/31/15? ...
In prior years it has not offered until mid-Nov typically.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Kacee
Fixed this for you:
^^^^

here's hoping i clear my last two paper GPUs on LH later this week. gave one to my traveling partner because if they don't clear they will not be worth the paper they are printed on.

if that becomes the case i may call in and request an extension under my super duper premier silver 2015 status, just to hear the reaction of the phone rep. could make for good comedy.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
In prior years it has not offered until mid-Nov typically.
Thanks, I'll wait a couple of weeks then try again. I did re-qualify for 2015 already so I'm hoping they'll extend them for me.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I called a couple of days ago and was told no dice. Haven't requalified yet but only 500 PQMs away..
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: Mileage Plan
OK, so has anyone had any luck this year? Will have two that I would like to use in the 2nd week of February. Don't think I am going to go for 1K. Have well over 10k in spend, but only at about 68K pqms so far.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:41 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by ASEFlyer
OK, so has anyone had any luck this year? Will have two that I would like to use in the 2nd week of February. Don't think I am going to go for 1K. Have well over 10k in spend, but only at about 68K pqms so far.
IIRC only those who requalify for 1K were allowed to extend u/g instruments.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:08 am

called just now (nov. 10, 2014) and was told "no, sorry, not extending GPUs for 2015 at this time." "at this time" gives me some hope they will do it later. i was transferred from reservations to MP, not sure they had my data (status, spend, etc) as she didn't ask who i was - not sure whether that makes a difference or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.