Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Lie Flat flights BOS-West Coast (LAX/SFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lie Flat flights BOS-West Coast (LAX/SFO)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:15 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Interesting to note was the IFE map displayed JFK-LAX as origin-destination for a while during the beginning of the flight.
that's a known issue with the p.s. AVOD system. it's even more confusing when you're tired and flying JFK-LAX, and then look at the screen which reads SFO as your destination.

i have to get to SAN/CLD at some point in late february, so i booked BOS-LAX-CLD r/t (instead of a much higher CPU opportunity BOS-IAH-SAN), admittedly out of an abundance of unfounded optimism that the equipment changes from the current 738/9 to a 757.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
BOS-LAX flatbead 757 daily June 2-Aug 17

United is deploying a PS bird temporarily on this route daily. Also being marketed as "normal" domestic flight.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Virgin Gold, Marriott Gold
Do you have a sample date/time? I threw a few random days in and couldn't find any...
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
United is deploying a PS bird temporarily on this route daily. Also being marketed as "normal" domestic flight.
Are you sure? I checked a dozen dates and couldn't find a single PS-configured seatmap. Only one 757 at all in fact, and it was a 757-200 like the ones they typically fly BOS>SFO.

A link would be much appreciated!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:34 pm

I encountered this on a LAX-BOS flight in November. I was upgraded but the seat map didn't show the p.s. configuration, so I was pleasantly surprised to have a p.s. seat and meal service.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
UA1241 SFO-BOS 25Mar15, for example. It's a sCO international 757, with 16F. It's been that way since I booked the trip in January and still sticking!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
A PS bird is flying IAH-SFO right now. Looks like it did SFO-IAH before that.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by wxguy
UA1241 SFO-BOS 25Mar15, for example. It's a sCO international 757, with 16F. It's been that way since I booked the trip in January and still sticking!
LAX-ORD has been that way over a year. ORD-EWR sees 2 a day and ORD-IAD has 1. I really wish ORD-SFO could get some.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by kon104
Do you have a sample date/time? I threw a few random days in and couldn't find any...
Probably not in the system yet...but will be.

Originally Posted by Eric Westby
Are you sure? I checked a dozen dates and couldn't find a single PS-configured seatmap. Only one 757 at all in fact, and it was a 757-200 like the ones they typically fly BOS>SFO.

A link would be much appreciated!
No link available, but it'll be there.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 28, 2015 at 1:18 pm Reason: multi-quote should be used
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
No link available, but it'll be there.
It's there now.

Curiously, the 757 ps is loaded only for PM BOS-LAX (around 6 PM) and for AM LAX-BOS (around 8-9 AM) flights. Other times get A320, for now. I said curious because LAX-BOS redeye gets A320, when it makes more sense to get ps config...
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: Platinum
any chance SFO-BOS gets the ps bird this spring/summer?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
It will definitely be the PS bird, not the SCO bird. They will treat it as a normal domestic flight as far as upgrades and service goes
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
If I book ps BOS-LAX and UA decides to send a standard 757 what recourse do I have? Pretty sure opt CofC I would be stuck but they may allow a free change to other UA flights.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
i wish UA would add a PS bird and bring back yyz-sfo.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
If I book ps BOS-LAX and UA decides to send a standard 757 what recourse do I have? Pretty sure opt CofC I would be stuck but they may allow a free change to other UA flights.
I remember on P.S. JFK-LAX during the swap from 3-class to 2-class they'd send you a notification if there was an equipment change with a special number that you could call to switch on the basis that WiFi wouldn't be offered if things changed to a 2-class bird. Not sure if you could make the same case if things were swapped to an old 752.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.