Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Book -> Fly to London -> Earn up to 35,000 miles‏

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Earn up to 35,000 bonus award miles with United or Air Canada
Valid Mon., Sep. 15, 2014 - Fri., Dec. 12, 2014 (Time Remaining: 89 days)

Promo code TB9M76.

Here's how:
Register for this promotion before you fly.
Book your nonstop flights between the U.S. or Canada and London on United or our Star AllianceTM partner Air Canada.
Fly between September 23, 2014, and December 12, 2014.

The more you fly, the more you earn. Here's how many bonus award miles you can earn between the U.S. or Canada and London:
Fly one roundtrip and earn: 7,500 bonus miles
Fly a second roundtrip and earn: 10,000 bonus miles
Fly a third roundtrip and earn: 17,500 bonus miles
For a total of:35,000 bonus miles

On United, MileagePlus members will earn bonus award miles on nonstop flight segments flown between the U.S. or Canada and London in fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V and W.

On Air Canada, MileagePlus members will earn bonus award miles on nonstop flight segments flown between the U.S. or Canada and London in fare classes W, S, T, L, K, F, M, U, H, Q, V, Y, B, E, N, O, C, D, Z, P and J.

A minimum of two flight segments are required.

Offer valid for tickets purchased from September 15, 2014, to December 12, 2014, with all travel completed from September 23, 2014, and December 12, 2014.

Bonus may be earned up to six segments for a maximum of 35,000 bonus award miles.

Full terms and conditions:
1. Offer valid on paid qualifying travel between the U.S. or Canada and London on flights operated by United or Air Canada. Aeroplan members must register with Air Canada in order to receive bonus miles in their Aeroplan account. MileagePlus members must register on united.com prior to travel and before December 12, 2014.
2. Members can choose to earn miles in either MileagePlus or Aeroplan, but not both. Only one registration is eligible per booking.
3. Ticketing dates: September 15 – December 12, 2014.
4. Travel dates: September 23 – December 12, 2014, with all travel completed by December 12, 2014.
5. Offer valid on United paid published fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V and W, and on Air Canada fare classes W, S, T, L, K, F, M, U, H, Q, V, Y, B, E, N, O, C, D, Z, P and J.
6. A minimum of two flight segments between the U.S. or Canada and London flown during qualifying period are required.
7. MileagePlus members will earn 7,500 MileagePlus bonus award miles after completion of both of the first two qualifying flight segments, 10,000 additional bonus award miles after completion of both the third and fourth qualifying segments, and an additional 17,500 bonus award miles after completion of both the fifth and sixth qualifying segments.
8. Bonus may be earned for up to six segments between the U.S. or Canada and London flown during qualifying period for a maximum of 35,000 bonus award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. Only flight segments between the U.S. or Canada and London flown during qualifying period are eligible for the bonus.
10. A “flight segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
11. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers, with the exception of Air Canada.
12. The offer is not valid on government fares.
13. Traveler must be a member of the United MileagePlus program or Air Canada Aeroplan program to qualify for this offer.
14. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
15. Bonus miles will be posted to the member's MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
16. This offer does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
17. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
18. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
19. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/MileagePlus.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

Looks like a new promotion. Email just received today:

One roundtrip: 7,500 bonus miles
Second roundtrip: 10,000 bonus miles
Third roundtrip: 17,500 bonus miles

Total possible: 35,000 bonus miles

T&Cs

To qualify tickets must be purchased from September 15, 2014 to December 12, 2014, with all travel completed from September 23, 2014 and December 12, 2014.
Terms and conditions:
1. On United, MileagePlus members will earn bonus award miles on nonstop flight segments flown between the US or Canada and London in fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W.
2. On Air Canada, MileagePlus members will earn bonus award miles on nonstop flight segments flown between the US or Canada and London in fare classes W, S, T, L, K, F, M, U, H, Q, V, Y, B, E, N, O, C, D, Z, P, J.
3. A minimum of two flight segments are required.
4. Offer valid for tickets purchased from September 15, 2014 to December 12, 2014, with all travel completed from September 23, 2014 and December 12, 2014.
5. Bonus may be earned up to six segments for a maximum of 35,000 bonus award miles.
6. Registration is required before travel.
7. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
For full terms and conditions visit united.com

Link to register contained in the email.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
Why the lower fare classes on AC vs UA.......?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I received this e-mail and tried to register for it, but it would not take.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Got the email and successfully registered. First promotion I have been targeted for in a long while.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Did not get the email but was able to register via Mileageplus Deals and Offers page. Promocode TB9M76.
Here is the link:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...omoCode=TB9M76

Last edited by denuaflier; Sep 15, 2014 at 2:54 pm Reason: Added link
Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Didn't get the e-mail (haven't gotten ANY targeted promotions this year) but registered successfully.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Does this work if:

You fly one-way on UA and the other way on AC, on separate bookings?

Or

You fly both ways on UA, but on separate bookings

Or

You fly LHR-USA as part of an open jaw and then fly USA-LHR on another itinerary during the promo and don't return to the USA until after the promo ends?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by staeiou
Didn't get the e-mail (haven't gotten ANY targeted promotions this year) but registered successfully.
Same here. Does not appear to be a restricted promotion.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by staeiou
it's not targeted.

Now what to do ... book through MUC to LHR where the flight is R9 or gamble on the upgrade and book the non-stop to LHR for 7.5k miles ...
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA, TSA-Pre, Global Entry
Does LHR need to be the final destination?

Or can I book LHR as a transfer? IE: SFO-LHR-ARN... ARN-LHR-SFO?

I have no need to go to London, but sometime I do use LHR to transfer.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RockinPete
Does LHR need to be the final destination?

Or can I book LHR as a transfer? IE: SFO-LHR-ARN... ARN-LHR-SFO?

I have no need to go to London, but sometime I do use LHR to transfer.
this would suggest no
9. Only flight segments between the U.S. or Canada and London flown during qualifying period are eligible for the bonus.
10. A “flight segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
Appears aimed at LHR O/D.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA Silv, IHG Plat, HH Gold, WN A-List
Already had a IAH-> LHR round trip booked back in August for November. I just registered for this promo...will I get the bonus miles?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:51 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by denuaflier
Did not get the email but was able to register via Mileageplus Deals and Offers page. Promocode TB9M76.
Here is the link:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...omoCode=TB9M76
Got the email as well but couldn't register for the promo via the email or the link you provided (both failed) but when I logged into my account and went to the offers page under Mileage Plus, I saw the offer and I was able to register
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by goalie
Got the email as well but couldn't register for the promo via the email or the link you provided (both failed) but when I logged into my account and went to the offers page under Mileage Plus, I saw the offer and I was able to register
UA IT at work
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K

Registered also.

Can't help feeling this will be another blow to the MAN > IAD service

Already suspended for the winter

This promo, whilst welcome, will drive more traffic to LHR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.