Wiki Posts
Search

Cleveland Air Show

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Cleveland Air Show

Looks like UA will be displaying a 737-900 at this weekends air show. UA 2143 will soon take off CLE-BKL. Despite the cutbacks at CLE it is nice to see UA do this. They also did the plane pull this year. THANKS UNITED
Old Aug 30, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA General Member, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5-star Gold
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Looks like UA will be displaying a 737-900 at this weekends air show. UA 2143 will soon take off CLE-BKL. Despite the cutbacks at CLE it is nice to see UA do this. They also did the plane pull this year. THANKS UNITED
I saw the plane today and asked someone who was with me if United was flying it in the airshow as a historical landmark of the last mainline United plane that flew in Cleveland.... He said that it was there so kids could board the plane and walk through it to show them what it was like when mainline aircraft were in Cleveland in ancient times.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:50 pm

flightaware shows it taking a nice lap around Lake Erie to the East first, then back. 70 some miles or so...
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
United even had another plane there a RJ-145 ship 195. Even when they hub including the CO days they never had 2 planes there. Remember they are taken out of service for almost 3 days. A good PR move by UA to do this as they got tons of bad press since the February announcement of the hub closing.
The air show ended a few hours ago. The 737-900 UA 2144 went back to CLE. Flight Aware shows it flew east then came back into for the 2-4 approach. The RJ-145 UA 1345 looks like took off runway 2-4 and went directly into the CLE 2-4 landing pattern. That seems a little odd because of aircraft speed and traffic flow.

Last edited by buckeyefanflyer; Sep 1, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
United even had another plane there a RJ-145 ship 195. Even when they hub including the CO days they never had 2 planes there. Remember they are taken out of service for almost 3 days. A good PR move by UA to do this as they got tons of bad press since the February announcement of the hub closing.
The air show ended a few hours ago. The 737-900 UA 2144 went back to CLE. Flight Aware shows it flew east then came back into for the 2-4 approach. The RJ-145 UA 1345 looks like took off runway 2-4 and went directly into the CLE 2-4 landing pattern. That seems a little odd because of aircraft speed and traffic flow.
The E145 is a pilot for UA's new "cashflow-positive retirement program". "I don't know how it ended up in the east basin officer, but the lost revenue is going to kill us. Too bad we only had it insured at FMV."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.