Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Let's play a game... How many years out-of-date is united.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Silver

I mean seriously...

As a web designer myself, I'm going to say that 2000 called and wants it's interface back.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 29, 2014 at 1:42 pm Reason: Edited title
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Quimbydog
I mean seriously...

As a web designer myself, I'm going to say that 2000 called and wants it's interface back.

Why does every interface have to have the latest glitz and pizzazz and eye candy? Does it do what it needs to do? For the most part yes it does. Could there be improvements in functionality? Of course. I see too many sites with the latest and greatest interface that simply don't work well. Make a good usable site that does what it needs to do and forget the glitz.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Quimbydog
I mean seriously...

Well first, .bomb isn't in use anymore, it died with the merger.

As for the current website, I actually like it much better than DL's or AA's sites. Much easier to get things done.

I'm actually a little worried any makeover is going to make it harder to use, much like the recent "upgrade" of the mobile apps.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I'd much rather have a simple user interface than a user interface that potentially takes up a lot of bandwidth. I don't need fancy graphics and motion - I just want to book a flight, look up balances, etc....
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by raehl311
Well first, .bomb isn't in use anymore, it died with the merger.

As for the current website, I actually like it much better than DL's or AA's sites. Much easier to get things done.

I'm actually a little worried any makeover is going to make it harder to use, much like the recent "upgrade" of the mobile apps.
Go over the Delta.dumb and try and book an award ticket, especially premium cabins on SkyTeam "partners."

That is what crap truly looks like.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by raehl311

I abslutely agree with both of these points!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by Sabai
Go over the Delta.dumb and try and book an award ticket, especially premium cabins on SkyTeam "partners."

That is what crap truly looks like.
Or try Virgin America's site and be bombarded with scrolling ad's that are so in-your-face they make you want to get out of there asap.

UPDATE: I hadn't been to the Virgin America's site in a few weeks, and it's now been changed! Now it looks like a Windows 8 home page set up for a person with failing eyesight!

Seriously, though, United's site is great compared to most all others, and most importantly, it's very functional!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
They could do a couple little things:

1. Fix "remember me"

2. Fix the calendar so when you're booking in August and ask for a departure date in December the calendar for the return begins in December, not August. Maddening to have to change that every time.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I agree with most of the sentiment presented. This website has quite a bit of functionality which is all I need. ^
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
the only thing a new site will do is bombard us with more ads and pop-up videos... LEAVE IT ALONE! it works fine now and is easy to navigate.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:57 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by milepig

1. Fix "remember me"

2. Fix the calendar so when you're booking in August and ask for a departure date in December the calendar for the return begins in December, not August. Maddening to have to change that every time.
^
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:09 pm

I disagree. United has one of the easiest websites to use. Their mobile app is also a breeze to use. Try booking with DL on a revenue or award ticket and it's a mess. I can same day change up to one hour before my departure with the United App. I can upgrade my tickets and waitlist the upgrade if it's not available. In my mind the website and app are one of the few things United has right post merger
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
The United way...

They will come up with an "enhanced" new web site! Only $5 per visit to use it!

Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by milepig

1. Fix "remember me"

^^ to both of the above! If they would fix things like this, I could put up with the Windows 95 look.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Wasn't it launched in 1996 just like this as CO?

So close to 20 years old !?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.