FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Let's play a game... How many years out-of-date is united.com? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1607114-lets-play-game-how-many-years-out-date-united-com.html)

Quimbydog Aug 29, 2014 12:36 pm

Let's play a game... How many years out-of-date is united.com?

I mean seriously...

As a web designer myself, I'm going to say that 2000 called and wants it's interface back.

:td:

Baze Aug 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Quimbydog (Post 23444740)
I mean seriously...

As a web designer myself, I'm going to say that 2000 called and wants it's interface back.

Why does every interface have to have the latest glitz and pizzazz and eye candy? Does it do what it needs to do? For the most part yes it does. Could there be improvements in functionality? Of course. I see too many sites with the latest and greatest interface that simply don't work well. Make a good usable site that does what it needs to do and forget the glitz.

raehl311 Aug 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Quimbydog (Post 23444740)
I mean seriously...

Well first, .bomb isn't in use anymore, it died with the merger.

As for the current website, I actually like it much better than DL's or AA's sites. Much easier to get things done.

I'm actually a little worried any makeover is going to make it harder to use, much like the recent "upgrade" of the mobile apps.

HNLbasedFlyer Aug 29, 2014 1:14 pm

I'd much rather have a simple user interface than a user interface that potentially takes up a lot of bandwidth. I don't need fancy graphics and motion - I just want to book a flight, look up balances, etc....

Sabai Aug 29, 2014 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by raehl311 (Post 23444810)
Well first, .bomb isn't in use anymore, it died with the merger.

As for the current website, I actually like it much better than DL's or AA's sites. Much easier to get things done.

I'm actually a little worried any makeover is going to make it harder to use, much like the recent "upgrade" of the mobile apps.

Go over the Delta.dumb and try and book an award ticket, especially premium cabins on SkyTeam "partners."

That is what crap truly looks like.

Xyzzy Aug 29, 2014 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by raehl311 (Post 23444810)

I abs:eek:lutely agree with both of these points!

StingWest Aug 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Sabai (Post 23444956)
Go over the Delta.dumb and try and book an award ticket, especially premium cabins on SkyTeam "partners."

That is what crap truly looks like.

Or try Virgin America's site and be bombarded with scrolling ad's that are so in-your-face they make you want to get out of there asap.

UPDATE: I hadn't been to the Virgin America's site in a few weeks, and it's now been changed! Now it looks like a Windows 8 home page set up for a person with failing eyesight!

Seriously, though, United's site is great compared to most all others, and most importantly, it's very functional!

milepig Aug 29, 2014 1:31 pm

They could do a couple little things:

1. Fix "remember me"

2. Fix the calendar so when you're booking in August and ask for a departure date in December the calendar for the return begins in December, not August. Maddening to have to change that every time.

dinoscool3 Aug 29, 2014 1:34 pm

I agree with most of the sentiment presented. This website has quite a bit of functionality which is all I need. ^

bajrbajr Aug 29, 2014 1:44 pm

the only thing a new site will do is bombard us with more ads and pop-up videos... LEAVE IT ALONE! it works fine now and is easy to navigate.

sfo Aug 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by milepig (Post 23445027)

1. Fix "remember me"

2. Fix the calendar so when you're booking in August and ask for a departure date in December the calendar for the return begins in December, not August. Maddening to have to change that every time.

^

trust77 Aug 29, 2014 2:09 pm

I disagree. United has one of the easiest websites to use. Their mobile app is also a breeze to use. Try booking with DL on a revenue or award ticket and it's a mess. I can same day change up to one hour before my departure with the United App. I can upgrade my tickets and waitlist the upgrade if it's not available. In my mind the website and app are one of the few things United has right post merger

flyinbob Aug 29, 2014 2:10 pm

The United way...

They will come up with an "enhanced" new web site! Only $5 per visit to use it!

:rolleyes:

halls120 Aug 29, 2014 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by milepig (Post 23445027)

1. Fix "remember me"

^^ to both of the above! If they would fix things like this, I could put up with the Windows 95 look.

REPUBLIC757 Aug 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Wasn't it launched in 1996 just like this as CO?

So close to 20 years old !?!