FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Delta Sky Clubs new menu options-Will United follow? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1602517-delta-sky-clubs-new-menu-options-will-united-follow.html)

SunLover Aug 13, 2014 4:06 am

Delta Sky Clubs new menu options-Will United follow?

Since UA is well known to duplicate DL at almost every turn, how long until we see enhanced menu options with a membership price increase at the United Clubs?

To be fair a Sky Club membership cost more than a United Club membership, but DL also comps it to their Medallion members. That said - the new SC menu certainly exceeds the UC offerings. I bolded a few of them below:

Dive into our premium new menu, full of healthy breakfast selections, hearty soups, tasty salads, sweet desserts and much more.

Delta Sky Club is committed to keeping you fueled for your travels with healthy selections and delicious flavors. Several of the bold bites below were selected by Club members like you in spring 2014, and the addition of premium new items represents one more way the Club is investing in your travel experience. Click on select menu items to see nutritional information. Bon appétit and bon voyage!

Start Your Day Right
Locally Sourced Bagels
Thomas English Muffins: Regular and Honey Wheat
Oatmeal
Hard Boiled Eggs
Otis Spunkmeyer Mini Muffins: Banana, Blueberry, Chocolate Chip
Cold Cereals: Raisin Bran, Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Granola
Yoplait Greek Yogurt: Strawberry and Honey Vanilla
Fruit Salad
Skim Milk, 2% Milk
Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Promise Soft Spread, Butter
Dickinson’s: Orange Marmalade, Grape Jam, Strawberry Preserves
Smucker’s: Honey and Peanut Butter
Mixed Raisins

Dig Into Delicious Lunch And Dinner Options
King Nut Ranch: Pretzel Mix and Zesty Nut Mix
Skinny Pop Popcorn
Tomato Basil Flatbread Crackers
Dip/n Classic Hummus
Dip/n Olive Tapenade
Rondele: Garlic & Herb and Peppercorn Parmesan Spread
Cookie Tree: Dark Chocolate Chunk and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Kettle Cuisine: Tomato and Garden Vegetable Soup
Kettle Cuisine Italian Wedding Soup
Olives (Country Olive Mix, Mediterranean Meze & Nicoise)
Marinated Mushrooms
Vegetable Crudités: Carrots, Celery, Broccoli, Red Pepper Strips
Fresh Whole Fruit: Apples, Oranges, Bananas
Green Salad
Pecan & Cranberry Chicken Salad
Balsamic and Ranch Dressing
Ranch Vegetable Dip

Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Mini Assorted Cheesecakes

Items may vary by Club location and time of day. Menus at international Club locations may vary.

SunLover

TPJ Aug 13, 2014 4:51 am

Olives and soup is a current US Airways Club offering. Looks like they treat 'new' AA as a competitor they should benchmark to...

mh3265a Aug 13, 2014 5:05 am

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 23355606)
Olives and soup is a current US Airways Club offering. Looks like they treat 'new' AA as a competitor they should benchmark to...

And, sadly, UA will argue that we're confident that we have a competitive product and don't need to change anything :rolleyes:

worldtrav Aug 13, 2014 6:26 am

Why did you bold Oatmeal? It is currently part of the breakfast spread in the United Clubs.

JBord Aug 13, 2014 6:42 am

Originally Posted by worldtrav (Post 23355928)
Why did you bold Oatmeal? It is currently part of the breakfast spread in the United Clubs.

Pretty sure I haven't seen it in a couple clubs. I also think the popcorn should be bold, and also the crudites (a bag of carrots isn't quite the same thing).

villox Aug 13, 2014 7:46 am

I would say the menu slightly exceeds the UC menu, but they really just list a ton of stuff to make it seem like a lot. Hot soups are a nice addition I guess but if they're anything like the soups they serve in the GF lounge then I wouldn't care for them anyway.

I wouldn't mind the addition of a few of those things, or at least some variety. About the only thing the UC varies today is the snack mix types.

entropy Aug 13, 2014 7:56 am

Kettle Cuisine makes pretty decent soups

the salads and olives are nice

overall a much higher quality product than some packaged cheese and gerbil canisters.

dank0014 Aug 13, 2014 8:11 am

Originally Posted by worldtrav (Post 23355928)

Think it's one of the options you can click to get additional details on nutritional value and see what the dish includes

worldtrav Aug 13, 2014 8:40 am

Originally Posted by dank0014 (Post 23356388)
Think it's one of the options you can click to get additional details on nutritional value and see what the dish includes

Read the last 2 sentences of the first paragraph in the OP.

nova08 Aug 13, 2014 9:29 am

I actually don't see much here, some soup and dip. Certainly not worth the huge $ increase DL instituted.

I like "Locally sourced bagels"....in UA speak that means month old previously frozen bagels.

Altaflyer Aug 13, 2014 9:41 am

Delta's offering appears FAR superior to the dire offerings in the United Club. There is NOTHING fresh on offer at the United Club. Salads? In your dreams!

MSPeconomist Aug 13, 2014 9:44 am

Note that DL only gives SC memberships to DIAMONDS, which requires 125,000 status miles. It's certainly not comped for every Medallion. Access rules for same day SkyTeam international itineraries are similar to the *Gold rules and require 50,000 status miles on DL.

Also the new menu doesn't list cheese and crackers (or similar). Some of us will be sad to see that go.

CO_Nonrev_elite Aug 13, 2014 10:13 am

Delta Sky Clubs new menu options

I love how each time DL adds something everyone on here asks if UA will match. It's been said over and over, if it's a cut, United will match it immediately. If it's an addition, it doesn't get matched.

exerda Aug 13, 2014 10:20 am

Originally Posted by SunLover (Post 23355485)
Since UA is well known to duplicate DL at almost every turn, how long until we see enhanced menu options with a membership price increase at the United Clubs?

Oh, UA duplicates DL's bad only; they don't emulate any of the changes for the better DL has made. :D

We'll probably see UA hike the UC membership fees anyway (and find some way to spin it as a positive, like, "This will enable us to better address the travel needs of our core customer base," whatever that means). But we won't see them bringing in better snack options.

elitefreak Aug 13, 2014 10:22 am

OMG

The memories . . .

Rondele: Garlic & Herb and Peppercorn Parmesan Spread

UA had better step it up.