Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

System Update and Failed Login Attempts-Mileage Plus Acct not found

Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB

Just failed to login to my account (but my partners work). Called in and they said there may be a system update going on that temporarily clears all the mileage plus information and says your account doesn't exist. Confirmed that my award tickets are all still "ticketed."

I have to call back in tomorrow morning for customer service...

Can anyone save me a sleepless night and let me know if they are having the same issue?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Logging on works fine for me and reservations look fine.

Try again then try clearing cookies or using different browser or different computer.

The agent response was a standard "get the customer off the phone" response.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Logging on works fine for me and reservations look fine.

Try again then try clearing cookies or using different browser or different computer.

The agent response was a standard "get the customer off the phone" response.
I already did and agent said my account didn't pull up anything, all the information was cleared out. Yikes.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:23 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Mine works. They have had this happen periodically. Don't worry. You have your own backup records. Things will work out.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, WN A-List, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Mileage Plus Acct not found

Anyone else have this issue today?

Called to make a change to a res today, and autobot did not find my mileage plus acct. Had to go into the regular queue and agent said that there was no acct.

Strange since I flew yesterday and booked another ticket last night. They finally got Mileage Plus on the phone and said that there were issues with some accounts and there was no ETA on a fix.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Same here. I talked to MP, and its a know issue. They said a few (non-specific) accounts are not showing up, and they are working to restore them with a 2-3 hour ETR.

Last edited by bdraco; Jul 24, 2014 at 9:32 am
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Same here - can't login online, getting same "Account not found" over the phone
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:36 am
Original Poster

i must say im honestly happy to see others having the same problem...I had a near heart attack last night and sleeping wasn't much better...hopefully things get fixed.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:42 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Just logged into my account with no issues and all appears fine with my account (rezzies, mp balance, RPU & GPU balances)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:55 am
Original Poster

I just called MP service center to give them a record of my account and they said they are dealing with it and there are other cases...
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Same here, called MP service center and my account was re-enabled within about 5 minutes. Scared the crap outta me for sure!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
is anyone having problem log into your account?

I can't log into my account today although I have no problem log into DH and DS's accounts. Strange. Try to call Web Support desk and got someone with very heavy Indian accent...no resolution yet...
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:30 pm

Same for me. Strangely enough same applies to my US and AA accounts?! I guess back to work and I will book my tickets later today!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Flying Blue
Having the same issue (account gone) since last night, called 1K line and I don't exist there. After getting a rep saying of "database maintenance" and try half an hour later and still no go I contacted 1Kvoice and got the following answer:

We are currently experiencing an unusual computer malfunction. It is only affecting a few accounts, but we just checked and yours is one of them. Our technicians are working feverishly and we hope to have the problem repaired soon. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:31 pm

Same problem here, account doesn't exist. Thankful for this thread because I was worried that it was just me!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.