Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

HELP! Partner carrier schedule change on award ticket. United says not my problem..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP! Partner carrier schedule change on award ticket. United says not my problem..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: AP, MP
Originally Posted by JPG3392
The revised schedule is a product of a computer, not a human being. I suggest that you check online for acceptable alternatives, and then call United again. Since you have posted in this forum, I assume that you have used UA miles to book your award flights. That may pose some problems because of your inability to transfer in the USA. Like all airlines, UA has more control over award space on its own flights than on flights of its partners. Because of the significant change, UA will refund your miles and fees at no charge, but you may not wish to do this. Would it be possible for the member of your party who needs a visa to transfer in the USA to a) obtain a visa or b) fly separately?
I will try searching for *A flights that fit my needs before calling them next time.

Going through the hassle of obtaining a visa is a something I'd like to avoid (although I am sure we'd get it). Flying alone with an infant on these long flights is not desirable. I did book with points, but I paid extra for the infant - I paid 10% on the one way fare of $3000 just for the convenience.

My question is, what will happen if we don't change the flights and miss the connection (which would happen for sure)?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ohliuw

My question is, what will happen if we don't change the flights and miss the connection (which would happen for sure)?
It would not be pretty. In theory, the delivering carrier (in this case, either TG or NH, I presume) is responsible for rebooking. But seeing as how the misconnect will happen at a different airport (HND) from where you arrived, it could be a real mess.

Definitely want to fix this one before departure. Explore the options BKK-HND as well as NRT-Canada- TG and NH both have two flights per day from BKK to Haneda.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Most of the time I find routing through Europe to be much easier in terms of stitching together award seats

Something like DPS-BKK-Europe-ORD. Alternatively, maybe BR has something open ?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
AC will change it, as I described above, provided you can get the right person at UA willing to contact AC.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: United Plat
Originally Posted by ohliuw
I will try searching for *A flights that fit my needs before calling them next time.

Going through the hassle of obtaining a visa is a something I'd like to avoid (although I am sure we'd get it). Flying alone with an infant on these long flights is not desirable. I did book with points, but I paid extra for the infant - I paid 10% on the one way fare of $3000 just for the convenience.

AC002 (NRT-YYZ) is suspended this winter.

OP, you can try AC10(NRT-YYC) then AC144 (YYC-YUL) on 27FEB2015. Looks like there are Y class award seats available.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Getting from BKK to YUL via Europe seems much easier.

BKK-BRU-YUL on the 26th is available, as is BKK-FRA-YUL on March 1st. 2 seats in Economy on both legs.

Or BKK-FRA on the 27th, overnight, FRA-YUL on the 28th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.