Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SLC Call Center To Close

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
Aww man, sorry that the socio-economic debate that erupted drowned out my surge wage idea for virtual reps a la Uber...anyone see this work in the call center industry before?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by COGal
My fervent wish is the the new UA can somehow dig out from this massive hole its in. Just when I think it might be turning, it turns out that we have digging deeper.
The airline needs to be profitable, offer a world class product, and have a world class workforce that they value and want to retain. I just don't see the path forward being outsourcing and pay cuts. UA should be rewarding their employees and not taking away from them. I'm glad the schedule works in your case, but if I ran the place you'd be making the same exact salary as someone sitting at a console in a call center. Same job, same salary. I wish UA felt the same and the unions have really dropped the ball by signing off on different salaries for what is essentially the same job at different locations. That should never have happened.

There's another round of frequent flyer enhancements coming in March that UA has wagered a lot on. Time will tell how their flying base reacts to that. I've already walked away due to an earlier round of cuts. I know a lot of flyers that have done the same thing for an assortment of reasons. UA doesn't seem to have a plan to bring back those of us that have left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.