Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Boarding pass disappeared from mobile app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Plat; TK - Elite; Marriott - Gold

Just wondering if anyone had experienced this before.

Successfully checked in online yesterday for my flight today (7/4) going LAX-SFO-HKG-SIN, and my BP's showed up on my phone.

Today, day of the flight, they all disappeared and I couldn't get them back on , even by trying to check in again via website or the app. I can still see my reservation. But it would not recognize the confirmation number clearly shown on said reservation. What gave me the scare was when I tried sending myself the boarding pass via email and the link said my flight already departed.... 6 hrs before the scheduled flight. lol.

Got to the airport early to check in via a kiosk and it said that my iten and tickets don't match... Finally got the attention of one of the staff and they were able to print out my BPs, no problem. They couldn't tell why it disappeared from the app or why I couldn't print it out by myself as the flights were still there, not canceled, so far all on time (knock on wood).

At least now I can relax at the lounge, a wee bit early for the flight, but was checking if this has happened to anyone before.

Cf
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA, DL
Something similar has happened to me, once after purchasing a TOD upgrade and once for no particular reason. I explained what had happened and the TAs had no idea but promptly assisted me. Does anyone have insight?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by lcatfishl
Just wondering if anyone had experienced this before.

Successfully checked in online yesterday for my flight today (7/4) going LAX-SFO-HKG-SIN, and my BP's showed up on my phone.

Today, day of the flight, they all disappeared and I couldn't get them back on , even by trying to check in again via website or the app. I can still see my reservation. But it would not recognize the confirmation number clearly shown on said reservation. What gave me the scare was when I tried sending myself the boarding pass via email and the link said my flight already departed.... 6 hrs before the scheduled flight. lol.

Got to the airport early to check in via a kiosk and it said that my iten and tickets don't match... Finally got the attention of one of the staff and they were able to print out my BPs, no problem. They couldn't tell why it disappeared from the app or why I couldn't print it out by myself as the flights were still there, not canceled, so far all on time (knock on wood).

At least now I can relax at the lounge, a wee bit early for the flight, but was checking if this has happened to anyone before.

Cf
I have this happen sometimes when an upgrade clears - but not every time... For some reason the ticket gets out of sync with the reservation and UA needs to resync them - after that all gets back to normal...
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:55 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I have this happen sometimes when an upgrade clears - but not every time... For some reason the ticket gets out of sync with the reservation and UA needs to resync them - after that all gets back to normal...
I couldn't ck in at all - either on line or phone: had upgrades cleared at the 1k window.at tkt counter agent tried both kiosks and 2 different computers no luck. After on line with support printer finally spitted out passes 45 min prior to departure.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
You don't say what kind of phone you have. If you have an iPhone, then I recommend that you use the Passbook feature. Once you check in and view the mobile boarding pass in the United app, there will be an icon to "Add to Passbook." If you choose that option, the boarding pass will be copied into the Passbook app, which runs independently from the United app. Once it's in Passbook, you can always view it there, independent of the United app.

Another thing you can do on the iPhone, which might also work on the Android, is to take a screenshot of the boarding pass. On iOS, just click the main button at the same time as the power button, and it will take a screenshot and put it in your Camera Roll. Then just display the picture later on.

In any of the above cases, if the boarding pass is no longer current, perhaps because of an upgrade, it should still get you through security and into the lounge (if you're eligible). At the gate, the scanner will beep to inform the agent that there's been an update, and at that time they'll tell you of your new seat assignment.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Yesterday NCE-FRA-LAX-PSP. All LH mobile boarding passes including the UA last leg. My entire reservation disappeared on UA computer. Mobile app said no reservations. Had to go on .bomb and ask to resend email with mobile boarding pass link.
First time it has happened to me since I started using it (iPhone 4S).
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:46 pm

This one may looks as if a wise practice, however, will probably be shocked by the number of applications do not work as anticipated or turn out crashing, frequently after an update — and honestly, that is not only from general observations.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
This happened to me yesterday as well. EWR-SFO, scanned at the gate to board, and while waiting to depart, everything disappeared. The flight was oversold, so I was scared that I was about to ride into battle with the GA armed only with an e-ticket receipt from my email. Luckily that never materialized, but I still thought it was odd that everything (BP and Reservation) vanished from the app.

Perhaps it's a bug in the latest update?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Always print a paper BP.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Always print a paper BP.
Always always always always.

And take a screen shot of that BP on your mobile device. Especially if you got upgraded.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Plat; TK - Elite; Marriott - Gold
Always print a paper BP.
I usually do, but this time it vanished after checking online, 6 hours prior to my flight and would not allow me to access my BPs either online (email), mobile app, or the kiosk at the airport, when I finally got there early that morning.

Glad the person working the counter was able to print it out with no problem.

The app didn't show me my BP's until my last segment yesterday (NRT-LAX), after we landed

lCfl
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Has happened to me too. Was an upgrade situation. The agent said she sees that all that time.

Originally Posted by Kacee
And take a screen shot of that BP on your mobile device. Especially if you got upgraded.
This. Unless, of course, you 100% trust UA IT...
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lcatfishl
I usually do, but this time it vanished after checking online, 6 hours prior to my flight and would not allow me to access my BPs either online (email), mobile app, or the kiosk at the airport, when I finally got there early that morning.

Glad the person working the counter was able to print it out with no problem.

The app didn't show me my BP's until my last segment yesterday (NRT-LAX), after we landed

lCfl
As paranoid as it sounds, I always have UA send me the PDF printable BP (which I then print, and leave in my email inbox). That way, ain't nothing their software can do to deprive me of it.

As an added bonus, if you send it to your gmail account, Google Now will pick it up and provide an alternate way to access the barcode. And tell you when to leave for the airport. Although the times it suggests are cutting it a little close for many travelers.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As paranoid as it sounds, I always have UA send me the PDF printable BP (which I then print, and leave in my email inbox). That way, ain't nothing their software can do to deprive me of it. ....
ditto
“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”
― Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Happens all the time to me. UPG comes through, rebooked because of IRROPS, but it always works out for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.