Lounge access question

Old Jul 1, 14, 11:26 pm

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five Star
Lounge access question

I am a UA gold member. I am wondering whether I can access the UC if I am holding a same-day international *A boarding pass, but not from the current airport. (e.g., I am travelling on a separate reservation from MSP-ORD and ORD-FRA, so MSP-ORD leg doesn't have the INTL on the boarding pass)

From the rule it seems ok. But has anyone done it before? What if my MSP-ORD is on another airline?

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 14, 11:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1.7MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by vicfly7 View Post
I am a UA gold member. I am wondering whether I can access the UC if I am holding a same-day international *A boarding pass, but not from the current airport. (e.g., I am travelling on a separate reservation from MSP-ORD and ORD-FRA, so MSP-ORD leg doesn't have the INTL on the boarding pass)

From the rule it seems ok. But has anyone done it before? What if my MSP-ORD is on another airline?

Thanks!
Are you asking about access at MSP? (ORD should be no issue)

Suspect if you show just the ORD-FRA at MSP you will be OK -- but I would not be surprised if the MSP-ORD is non UA you might get some pushback. The *A rues require the departure on *A flight.
Old Jul 2, 14, 12:48 am

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five Star
Yes. at MSP. I certainly can show his ORD part of the boarding pass.
Old Jul 2, 14, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 2MM. DL Plat
I often fly SFO-ICN I international F. On a separate ticket, I fly LAX-SFO, often in Y. Never have an issue getting into the LAX International F lounge.
Old Jul 2, 14, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
My understanding is all domestic segments on UA metal will still have international stamped on the boarding pass. I regularly fly DEN-LAX-SYD, and the DEN-LAX segment has the stamp as part of an international itinerary. So you should be fine for *G access, but check this at the counter and ask if needed.
Old Jul 2, 14, 7:46 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG Plat; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Should have no problem at MSP, I do this on a monthly basis there.
Old Jul 2, 14, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by 8080 View Post
My understanding is all domestic segments on UA metal will still have international stamped on the boarding pass. I regularly fly DEN-LAX-SYD, and the DEN-LAX segment has the stamp as part of an international itinerary. So you should be fine for *G access, but check this at the counter and ask if needed.
I believe the MSP-ORD is a separate ticket (hence why the concern) ... actually on a different airline (maybe DL?).
Old Jul 2, 14, 9:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA, DL
My understanding is all domestic segments on UA metal will still have international stamped on the boarding pass.
This has been my experience, when both the domestic and international segments are on the same UA itinerary. If the MSP-ORD segment is not on UA, you may have some trouble, but the rules are unclear to me.
Old Jul 2, 14, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Global Entry
It probably depends on the person. If it were all on the same PNR then you'd have no problem. In your situation, whether it is the rule or not, it is probably different enough for the lounge staff to take note and question. Good luck!
Old Jul 2, 14, 3:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA Platinum/MM, Starwood LT Platinum (former Ambassador), Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
By the rules, if MSP-ORD is on UA, then yes. If not on UA, then no.

Search this Thread