Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Which Terminal @ IAH (for UA Flights to LAS?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Hi, Can someone tell me which terminal at IAH United flights to LAS normal depart from as we are arriving from LHR it would be nice to know who long it may take to change terminals.^

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 30, 2014 at 12:58 pm Reason: vague thread title
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by red duster
Hi, Can someone tell me which terminal at IAH United flights to LAS normal depart from as we are arriving from LHR it would be nice to know who long it may take to change terminals.^
There really is no way to tell as LAS flights depart from both Terminals C & E. If you don't have GE it can take quite a while to clear customs at IAH especially during the time when most of the international flights are arriving.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:27 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Most often flights to LAS leave from terminal C, but sometimes from E. If you fly direct from LHR you will land at E. Be sure to allow lots of time for customs & then to get to your new gate.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
However, once you get out of customs, changing terminals is a breeze. Easiest hub airport to transfer IMO (now that CLE is out )
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for that, arriving with BA and if on time have 3 hours between flights to clear customs/immigration so hopefully we can do it.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:35 am

Thanks for that, arriving with BA and if on time have 3 hours between flights to clear customs/immigration so hopefully we can do it.
Okay your arriving on BA so actually your arriving at Terminal D, and your flight to LAS will either depart from Terminal C or E. 3 hours should be plenty of time.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Don't forget apart from clearing US Customs at IAH, you will also have to clear TSA security. This can also take up additional time as when it is crowded the TSA are quite slow.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:53 am
mkr
Suspended

Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Okay your arriving on BA so actually your arriving at Terminal D, and your flight to LAS will either depart from Terminal C or E. 3 hours should be plenty of time.
I think you will need to check your arrival information when you fly. Both BA flights to IAH today show arrival at Terminal E, according to the BA website.
Unless your BA flight is late, you have scheduled ample time to get to your new gate. But there are lots if flights to LAS even if you miss your scheduled flight.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by mkr
I think you will need to check your arrival information when you fly. Both BA flights to IAH today show arrival at Terminal E, according to the BA website.
Unless your BA flight is late, you have scheduled ample time to get to your new gate. But there are lots if flights to LAS even if you miss your scheduled flight.
Terminal E is exclusively United/United Express. It's showing as arriving Terminal E as that is where the FIS area is for both Terminal D & E arrivals. However all international carriers BA, EK, SQ etc all use Terminal D for departure & arrivals.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:22 pm
mkr
Suspended

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Terminal E is exclusively United/United Express. It's showing as arriving Terminal E as that is where the FIS area is for both Terminal D & E arrivals. However all international carriers BA, EK, SQ etc all use Terminal D for departure & arrivals.
Thanks. I was unaware of that. I do not fly any of those carriers to/from IAH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.