Wiki Posts
Search

Flight delays due to crew - almost 4 hrs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: '19 Global Services, 1.9m+ lifetime CO miles
Flight delays due to crew - almost 4 hrs

UA 3669 OMA/ORD delayed 3hr 55min today due to late arriving crew. Cant UA figure out how to shuffle crews around in order not to keep affecting flights in such a major way? What a mess.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
This isn't a United flight. Should United's partners figure this out, and should UA have stiffer penalties for non-performance? Yes.

Weather all across the mid-west was pretty bad for the second half of yesterday by the way - think that may have had something to do with it?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
This is a crew rest delay cause by the flight inbound to OMA being over 4 hours late last night thanks to the weather/delays at ORD. The only way this could have been mitigated is by staffing extra crew at every city that an airline serves, which will never happen.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by raiachat
UA 3669 OMA/ORD delayed 3hr 55min today due to late arriving crew. Cant UA figure out how to shuffle crews around in order not to keep affecting flights in such a major way? What a mess.
How dare United let major storms in the midwest affect their operations.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by DXjr
This is a crew rest delay cause by the flight inbound to OMA being over 4 hours late last night thanks to the weather/delays at ORD. The only way this could have been mitigated is by staffing extra crew at every city that an airline serves, which will never happen.
+1 - Just triple the price of the ticket and pay however many extra crew are required to staff the region-wide IRROPS.

Which crew does OP want shuffled?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K
Armchair ops threads are my fave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.