Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR - No Fast Track passes (available on my flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k

Flew from EWR to LHR Tuesday morning in BF. Before we landed I asked where the fast track passes were, as did a few of us. We were told that they "forgot to give them to us" in EWR due to the delay (an hour, waiting for delayed passengers.) They said it wasn't a problem as it was a new terminal and we were the only ones landing at the time.

The wait was over an hour. The Fast Track lane went empty. W

I wrote to the 1k Voice and told them about this. I received a cut and paste letter about how TSA and Global Entry have a program for landing in the USA. They didn't even read my short letter, but quickly responded with an answer that had nothing to do with my letter. It was downright shameful.

"Sorry, we forgot."

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 16, 2014 at 6:20 pm Reason: details were missing
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
On maybe two dozen flights we have not received the LHR fast-track immigration passes twice.

If this is a trip you take a lot: keep the passes somewhere with your passport, and don't bother to use them on flights where the immigration queue is short.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
I have a few old ones squirreled away. Maybe I should take some along, just in case?
They didn't "forget" the landing cards, did they?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by spaceman3
Flew from EWR to LHR Tuesday morning in BF. Before we landed I asked where the fast track passes were, as did a few of us. We were told that they "forgot to give them to us" in EWR due to the delay (an hour, waiting for delayed passengers.) They said it wasn't a problem as it was a new terminal and we were the only ones landing at the time.

The wait was over an hour. The Fast Track lane went empty. W
The first one is the norm in my experience, not just from EWR.

But FastTrack being noticeably faster than the rest? Not my experience at all and as OneWorld Emerald, I can always use FastTrack. The agents allow anyone who limps or brings a kid to hop into the FastTrack lane and that reliably speed limits FastTrack during busy hours.

You were exceptionally unlucky!

And btw - welcome to 1/2 the US experience for us aliens when we visit your place !
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by weero
...But FastTrack being noticeably faster than the rest? Not my experience at all and as OneWorld Emerald, I can always use FastTrack....
It really depends on booths manned. If you get there real early on some day, there's only one person looking at passports. That's when I've seen the general line go faster. Just about any other time, Fast Track was faster. My observations are moot now w/ move of sCO flights from T4.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Avis First
LHR - No Fast Track passes

This happens all the time in LHR - and my emails to 1kvoice have gone unanswered. They never seem to forget to load the landing cards, so you'd expect they could remember the Fast Track passes for GF and BF...but it's a consistently inconsistent experience based on my travel over the last several years.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k
They definitely remembered the landing cards. And the mediocre food.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:00 pm

I always look and save the pass for a rainy day if the line is short in the regular section. I've always thought I was doing myself a favor in case I ride in the back on a later trip. Never considered I might be doing myself a favor for the times UA forget to give the front cabin the passes.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
I fly to LHR 8-12 times per year, always out of SFO or ORD. Generally, they will "forget" to load the Fast Track passes once or twice a year. I don't know why it happens, but anyway I always end up with 4-5 extras a year from the times they remember. As others have said, if there is only one person manning the Fast Track lane, it's generally faster in the early am to go to the regular line and save the pass.

As an aside, I recently signed up for the new Registered Traveler Scheme at LHR. To others that are interested, until they get the automatic gates working with this scheme, it's definitely not worth it to join or participate (too slow to go in the EEU lanes). Note that the automated gates once implemented will require a Biometric passport (which I don't have - yet)
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by bohlia123
This happens all the time in LHR - and my emails to 1kvoice have gone unanswered. They never seem to forget to load the landing cards, so you'd expect they could remember the Fast Track passes for GF and BF...but it's a consistently inconsistent experience based on my travel over the last several years.
They get fined for not having the landing cards. They don't get fined for the Fast Tracks.

That said, I've had a few flights where they forgot and just showed my boarding pass at fast track and told them that the crew didn't have them.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
On the rare time they didn't have the Fast Track passes, I simply had to show my boarding pass (including once on iPhone!) with BusinessFirst on it and they let me in.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
They get fined for not having the landing cards.
Source?

How could this possibly be accomplished? Is someone secretly watching me pick up a landing card and fill it out, then sending UA a bill?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by chiph
Source?
I'm your source. I just told you. While I agree it isn't often enforced, it is something that comes up in training.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:36 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
On the rare time they didn't have the Fast Track passes, I simply had to show my boarding pass
That also is my experience.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:51 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond, SPG Gold (lifetime)
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
On the rare time they didn't have the Fast Track passes, I simply had to show my boarding pass (including once on iPhone!) with BusinessFirst on it and they let me in.
Me too. Happens a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.