Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Routes: IAH-SCL, IAH-PUJ, and ORD-BZE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Routes: IAH-SCL, IAH-PUJ, and ORD-BZE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by sbm12
Not really. The first UA IAH-SCL flight was on 7 December, just 3 weeks ago.
But bookable for much longer than that.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by channa
But bookable for much longer than that.
We booked on 15 June. There were oodles of I/IN inventory when it was first announced! (But I'd gladly trade for the EZE-IAH non-stop if they'd ever actually offer inventory on that one.)
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
We booked on 15 June. There were oodles of I/IN inventory when it was first announced! (But I'd gladly trade for the EZE-IAH non-stop if they'd ever actually offer inventory on that one.)

I saw it available as well (but no SFO-IAH of course, that would be coach with a waitlist). I ended up snagging SFO-YYZ-SCL and back, all widebody, all the way, all confirmed business. A bit longer, but a better ride than UA.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:50 pm

UA uses the DL lounge in SCL.

I was on the inaugural IAH-SCL. It was just fine.
Thanks -- wonder why UA doesn't divulge on its website that they use the DL lounge in SCL? But, that may explain the timing of UA's return flight, so that it doesn't overlap with the DL passengers on their earlier flight.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Thanks -- wonder why UA doesn't divulge on its website that they use the DL lounge in SCL? But, that may explain the timing of UA's return flight, so that it doesn't overlap with the DL passengers on their earlier flight.
I doubt it. There are other lounges in SCL, if they didn't work something out with DL, they would have worked something out with another provider.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by channa
I ended up snagging SFO-YYZ-SCL and back, all widebody, all the way
I'd love to score the YYZ-SCL flight, but I gave up looking for that inventory a while ago.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
The DL lounge employee I talked to in SCL a bit over a week ago seemed to think the arrangement was temporary.

My guess is the timing is driven mainly by IAH arrival considerations. When I flew on Dec 17-18, the arrival time was 5:55am. I don't think there's anything from South America arriving earlier than 5:20. (though maybe there's something from elsewhere that arrives earlier).
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:11 pm

There is a DL flight which leaves around the same time, maybe a bit earlier. But there were DL pax in the lounge while I was there. And I'm willing to bet large sums of money that the lounge arrangements do not dictate the departure time. It is all about best facilitating onward connections.

As for sharing the lounge info on the website, UA doesn't have a lot of partner lounges at various airports listed. The local staff can easily direct you to the lounge which is more important.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:24 pm

As for sharing the lounge info on the website, UA doesn't have a lot of partner lounges at various airports listed.
Even the Star Alliance Lounge Finder doesn't have anything for SCL.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Just a note on the DL lounge - it closes at 10pm, so it's not available if you a) show up after 10 or if the UA flight is delayed.

Supposedly UA is constructing a *A lounge (or someone is) that should be finished in the next few months...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.