Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sbm12
Note that Chrome recently changed its rules so most users will need to pull scripts from their store to use them.

From sbm12 (available from the Chrome Store or direct download for GreaseMonkey users):
From jasonvr
From Darlox:
Note: Both are defunct (no longer maintained by the creators), have known issues on the current site, will not work on the Beta site, and are of marginal usefulness in the $-based RDM era. Use for reference only.
Print Wikipost

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Is the Chrome extension to find R space no longer working?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 31, 2018 at 3:35 pm Reason: move to existing discussion
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by piemel
Is the Chrome extension to find R space no longer working?
Yes
The developer is looking into it
Originally Posted by sbm12
I can confirm that the new site breaks the script.

The bad news is I'm hitting some snags with the updates to bring it back to life. Notably, there's a part in the code where it needs to expand and contract all the flight details to force the extra data to load so it can parse. That's no longer working. Expect that this will remain busted for at least a few days while I tinker with it. If anyone knows a shortcut to a resolution I'm all ears.
And restoring the Classical View does not help
cagcag and piemel like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K
Is there any update on this? Or is it in a different thread? Thanks ....
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by skipmnyc
Is there any update on this? Or is it in a different thread? Thanks ....
It's been a pain, I have not gotten it to work for awhile. Hoping someone will have an update.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:51 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Bumping the thread. Any updates?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:03 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
Hey guys... I didn't realize this was still broken for most people.

I had managed to get it working again a while ago, but then forgot to share. Since then, I had played with a few other things that I wanted to work better. I also wanted to try a new approach to the code.

In the end, I was able to get most everything working while adding a nice feature:
* The colorized fare data now sticks around when you do something that refreshes the results.. like "show more" or sorting by one of the other fare types,etc..

Anyway, it works for me and I wanted to share it with everyone since I've gotten so much use from it.

Redo of sbsm12's ExpertMode script

Last edited by superEGO; Feb 20, 2020 at 12:27 am Reason: fixed classes, new screenshot
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
You might want to drop O (which is a paid premuim economy fare class) and add RN with is premium economy upgrade inventory.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:08 am

Good call, I had just added PN and PZ but didn't pay much attention to the others!
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by superEGO
Hey guys... I didn't realize this was still broken for most people.

I had managed to get it working again a while ago, but then forgot to share. Since then, I had played with a few other things that I wanted to work better. I also wanted to try a new approach to the code.

In the end, I was able to get most everything working while adding a nice feature:
* The colorized fare data now sticks around when you do something that refreshes the results.. like "show more" or sorting by one of the other fare types,etc..

Anyway, it works for me and I wanted to share it with everyone since I've gotten so much use from it.

Redo of sbsm12's ExpertMode script

Thanks, but some help here...

What is the method of installing said script? I just copied and pasted into a new user script, and while my firefox greasemonkey indicates that it's active, I see no such annotations.

Would you mind updating the install instructions for ijits like myself?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by ryman554
Thanks, but some help here...

What is the method of installing said script? I just copied and pasted into a new user script, and while my firefox greasemonkey indicates that it's active, I see no such annotations.

Would you mind updating the install instructions for ijits like myself?
Nothing about the installation method has changed. Using tampermonkey or greasemonkey, just add it and it should be turned on.

The first things to check when it's not working are that 1) you are logged in and 2) you have expert mode enabled on united.com. The results take an extra second or two to show up after the results page initially loads.

I use Chrome with Tampermonkey as my platform, I haven't tested it outside of that. However, I believe that the original script was working on other platforms as well, so my expectation is that it still should be. Hmm.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:57 am

Nothing about the installation method has changed. Using tampermonkey or greasemonkey, just add it and it should be turned on.

The first things to check when it's not working are that 1) you are logged in and 2) you have expert mode enabled on united.com. The results take an extra second or two to show up after the results page initially loads.

I use Chrome with Tampermonkey as my platform, I haven't tested it outside of that. However, I believe that the original script was working on other platforms as well, so my expectation is that it still should be. Hmm.
Using Firefox with greasemonkey. always logged in and expert mode is enabled (since inception!).

Tried with "Expert mode redo" and with both "Expert mode redo and expert mode". Site looks as before, have to expand to see whether PZ=0 or not.

Note, I just copied and pasted your script/link into a new Greasemonkey script.. should other things have been done?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 12:39 am

I made a modification to the script. The short of it is that I believe Firefox requires that jQuery be manually listed as pre-req vs Chrome handling it automatically.

From what I understand, it requires that the script be reinstalled in GreaseMonkey.. so, on the little monkey icon up top, click and then click again on the name of the script, then uninstall.

Then, click on the link I pasted above. When you do that, GreaseMonkey should recognize it and give you the option to simply click install. From that point on, I think it should work. I am in Firefox now and it seems to be working as expected after having made that change.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:17 am

I made a modification to the script. The short of it is that I believe Firefox requires that jQuery be manually listed as pre-req vs Chrome handling it automatically.

From what I understand, it requires that the script be reinstalled in GreaseMonkey.. so, on the little monkey icon up top, click and then click again on the name of the script, then uninstall.

Then, click on the link I pasted above. When you do that, GreaseMonkey should recognize it and give you the option to simply click install. From that point on, I think it should work. I am in Firefox now and it seems to be working as expected after having made that change.
Sugoi!

That did it -- for future readers out there, make sure to have greasemonkey installed before you click on the link. Then it's smooth sailing as it will recognize it and install it automagically like superEGO indicated.

Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
Unhappy United Expert Mode-greasemonkey scripts (malware)

Hi All,
Many years ago I installed a FT user's greasemonkey scripts to highlight Expert Mode upgrades. Worked great and eased the pain of searching. But now I find that greasemonkey can be malware, specifically inserting malware to the Firefox search tab, "marquis search" is malware, upon opening. Haven't been able to trash marquis, but I wonder if it's related to my old greasemonkey scripts. Questions:
1. Has anyone noticed marquis on their firefox browser?
2. Is there an updated "Mileage Plus greasemonkey script" that ISN'T malware? If so, where is the link, please?
I don't use Firefox much so I uninstalled Firefox (but Marquis keeps coming back when I re-install FF): I couldn't find Marquis in any of the applications/extensions, so I don't know where it was located originally.I would like to have those scripts: make it real easy to search, but not with the viral potential.
Curious if any other FT users have seen this.

And, if I'm in the wrong forum, please let me know--and suggest where I can re-direct this tech issue.
Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I have used Greasemonkey for years and have no issues with it, so I assume Search Marquis came from somewhere else. I recommend a full malware scan. There are also many sites that detail how to remove Search Marquis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.