Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sbm12
Note that Chrome recently changed its rules so most users will need to pull scripts from their store to use them.

From sbm12 (available from the Chrome Store or direct download for GreaseMonkey users):
From jasonvr
From Darlox:
Note: Both are defunct (no longer maintained by the creators), have known issues on the current site, will not work on the Beta site, and are of marginal usefulness in the $-based RDM era. Use for reference only.
Print Wikipost

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
page does not load for me
I'll PM you because I'm going to need a lot more info to try to diagnose
Old Feb 21, 2016, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
page does not load for me
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I'll PM you because I'm going to need a lot more info to try to diagnose
now it works fine!
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Does this script work?

UA website won't display fare bucket now.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kb1992
Does this script work?

there is some sort of issue today. Hope UA didn't screw with things
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kb1992
Does this script work?

The script requires the website to be working, which it isn't presently.

Let's keep that discussion of the outage in the existing thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...t-working.html .

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:01 pm

Any chance of further update to the expert mode Chrome extension? I am still get false results all the time. See example below for a search of YYZ-SFO one-way on 10/31/16. Multiple flights have the incorrect indications:
Attached Images  
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747SP
Any chance of further update to the expert mode Chrome extension? I am still get false results all the time. See example below for a search of YYZ-SFO one-way on 10/31/16. Multiple flights have the incorrect indications:
Looks like it is tied to partner/codeshare flights in the search results where the partner flight is the first segment of a multi-segment itinerary option. I see that breaking it but I'm not 100% sure what the fix is or what will be involved in implementing it. But I'll try.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Looks like it is tied to partner/codeshare flights in the search results where the partner flight is the first segment of a multi-segment itinerary option. I see that breaking it but I'm not 100% sure what the fix is or what will be involved in implementing it. But I'll try.
The above issue is now fixed. So is the issue where a sold out fare type screwed up everything in that row. Full details for the Expert Mode Plus update on my website.

Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:51 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sbm12
The above issue is now fixed. So is the issue where a sold out fare type screwed up everything in that row. Full details for the Expert Mode Plus update on my website.
Wow! That was fast! Thank you very much.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Wow, thanks sbm12!!! I use your tool pretty much every day and it is hugely valuable!!!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:43 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by blueman2
Wow, thanks sbm12!!! I use your tool pretty much every day and it is hugely valuable!!!
Likewise (well maybe not daily, but frequently)

But while it works fine in Chrome, I have not be able to get it to work in FF for awhile. GreaseMonkey installed and the script is there (and enabled) & no other scripts but no extra display line? Probably a browser setting. What should I check?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But while it works fine in Chrome, I have not be able to get it to work in FF for awhile. GreaseMonkey installed and the script is there (and enabled) & no other scripts but no extra display line? Probably a browser setting. What should I check?
That's a damn good question. I don't use FF so I haven't ever actually tried to debug in that browser. I suppose I could try.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:20 pm

Good evening, sbm12,

I noticed that in some routes, the date switches do not work. For example, if one clicks HNL-EWR on Feb 6, and switches to Feb 7, the non-stop option does not show up. However, international routes, like HKG-SFO, seem to be working. What could possibly be the issues here? It used to work for all HNL routes, but I don't think it works for all long-haul HNL routes at the moment.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
Hi there 747sp:
How do I download your updates to the United scripts for Safari. Website is safe I hope! Tried your link from your 8/11/16 post, but all I got was a bunch of script. No DL link. Suggestions?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: Continetnal Silver
Second Page

Hi Seth,

When using chrome (I haven't tried yet on firefox) In results when I go to second page the script is not pulling out the results.
Page 1

Page 2

Can you please help?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.