Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UAL 15 Minute Long Shareholders Meeting (June 11th, 2014)

Old Jun 11, 14, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Boy, it's one thing to be angry with SMI J but another when you only host a less than 15 minute shareholder meeting and when your shareholders fly AA to the meeting: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...older-activist

When will the message be sent to this guy?
Old Jun 11, 14, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Originally Posted by dank0014 View Post
Boy, it's one thing to be angry with SMI J but another when you only host a less than 15 minute shareholder meeting and when your shareholders fly AA to the meeting: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...older-activist

When will the message be sent to this guy?
Oh wait... you mean the shareholder meeting that was confirmed to be held in CLE this year?

UAL is focused on a different breed of "shareholder value". The percentage of stock that is institutionally held means that the quarterly analyst calls are far, far more important than shareholder meetings.

... and honestly? What could they possibly have said at this point, to this guy or anybody else?
Old Jun 11, 14, 11:09 pm

UAL Shareholders Meeting (6/11)

Didn't see a post about the shareholders meeting (or atlesat the following articles) so I apologize if it's already posted (and mods, please merge). Just shocked at how short the meeting was (regardless if it was UAL or not).

How United turned its biggest fan into a shareholder activist
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...older-activist

Jim Anderson arrived for United Continental Holdings Inc.'s annual shareholders meeting at Willis Tower a little after 8:30 a.m. today. He was dressed sharply in a navy suit with polished brown leather loafers and a blue-and-white striped tie.
UCH Shareholder Meeting Recap
http://www.unitedafa.org/news/details.aspx?id=8689
This morning, United Continental Holdings performed their annual Shareholder meeting. A recap of the meeting is as follows:

The meeting began promptly at 0900 and concluded approximately twenty minutes later at 0920. Of the just over 100 seats available, approximate two-thirds were filled, including one visible Flight Attendant proudly wearing her red ribbon, behind her AFA pin in support of our 111 and 685.

Old Jun 11, 14, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX S
sbm12 had the same reaction to this quote that I did:

Smisek disagreed with the opinion of the author of the WSJ article. Smisek [...] disagreed that moral was low
Old Jun 12, 14, 1:20 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Was this the same meeting that was suppose to take place in Cleveland but then moved back to Chicago after the February announcement.
Old Jun 12, 14, 1:28 am

If one of your biggest fans is giving up and flying *AA* then you know things are all Jeff'd up. It seems UA's only plan is to fail.

Edited... darn cell phone corrected AA as a typo to UA.

Last edited by FlyerTom111; Jun 12, 14 at 9:59 am
Old Jun 12, 14, 5:43 am

Programs: AA Reg
UA really needs an activist investor to come in and shake up this board/management team. The bleeding won't stop with them in place.
Old Jun 12, 14, 7:24 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FlyerTom111 View Post
If one of your biggest fans is giving up and flying UA then you know things are all Jeff'd up. It seems UA's only plan is to fail.
+1
Old Jun 12, 14, 7:28 am

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
Mr. Anderson said the share holders meeting is the only way to get his voice heard. This seems counter to what the 1k line keeps telling me "your feedback will be passed on, its how we make changes".

I know that if the decision lowers cost, customer service or onboard experience, they will do it. I think that is the only voice they hear.
Old Jun 12, 14, 7:37 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott PLT, UA 1K.
don't have much experience with these, are shareholder meetings usually this short at 20 minutes, or is that just an odd occurrence here? either way it seems like an awfully short time, but just curious if that's normal.
Old Jun 12, 14, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Akulashark View Post
I think that is the only voice they hear.
I have a way they can remove $8,138,305 worth of costs annually towards their $2 billion plan, think they want to hear that?

(SMI J comp package)
Old Jun 12, 14, 8:16 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by Akulashark View Post
Mr. Anderson said the share holders meeting is the only way to get his voice heard. This seems counter to what the 1k line keeps telling me "your feedback will be passed on, its how we make changes".

I know that if the decision lowers cost, customer service or onboard experience, they will do it. I think that is the only voice they hear.
When I spoke with customer care a while back, I informed them of how bad DL's revenue based RDM loyalty program would be for United, but the message clearly did not reach anyone whom would listen. The business operational model is to mimic Delta without offering their hard and soft product or operational reliability.
Old Jun 12, 14, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by dank0014 View Post
I have a way they can remove $8,138,305 worth of costs annually towards their $2 billion plan, think they want to hear that?

(SMI J comp package)
So you're saying his replacement is going to come in and work for free? It's likely the successor will get more compensation to clean this mess up.
Old Jun 12, 14, 9:05 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by worldtrav View Post
So you're saying his replacement is going to come in and work for free? It's likely the successor will get more compensation to clean this mess up.
They could make it an incentivized package...
Old Jun 12, 14, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by worldtrav View Post
A bargain at (almost) any price !

Search this Thread
Search Engine: