Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New UA Survey

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
New UA Survey

I just completed short UA survey in my email.
In it were questions about the number of flights I planned to take this year versus last year on other airlines and UA
Also asked was whether my disatification with UA was due to "program qualification changes" or inability to get upgrades or awards and whether I wsa elite on other airlines and if I was offered an elite status match.

Someone must be getting a little nervous.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Was too many regional jets an option?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:12 pm

maybe if there was an option for, I don't know, maybe everything?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Vulcan
I just completed short UA survey in my email.
In it were questions about the number of flights I planned to take this year versus last year on other airlines and UA
Also asked was whether my disatification with UA was due to "program qualification changes" or inability to get upgrades or awards and whether I wsa elite on other airlines and if I was offered an elite status match.

Someone must be getting a little nervous.
I think this is a pretty big deal. This seems to be the first sign we're seeing UA acknowledge that important customers are still leaving, other than right after the system cutover problems which were coupled with promises by the CEO that everyone would come back -- and that the MP program changes might be one of the causes.

Of course, if the data they gather proves this isn't the reason, it's going to trigger even more cuts. Hopefully people think this through and don't provide stupid answers like "I don't get limes in my drink" as their reason for leaving.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I received this a while ago and posted about it somewhere but don't recall in which thread. In a way it was good to receive since it suggests United is at least somewhat aware of their problems, real or perceived.

Might it be the same kind of survey as these?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l-choices.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l-choices.html
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Any sense of who is getting these? Current status folks who have dropped their UA flying significantly? Current status folks who are still flying UA a lot? It is a good sign that they realize they have a problem and that the cuts could be part of it. I know I have certainly shifted my flying (and I have not heard from UA once).
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:21 pm
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
Originally Posted by jasonp622
Was too many regional jets an option?
Good question. I doubt it.

I'd have to fly UA to get the link to the survey though. Ain't happening any time soon.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: United 1K
Good to see! ^ On my 1K Voice emails, I always do mention that I plan on leaving at the end of the year if things don't improve.

I was worried that this survey would be like the freshpoo one.

Did you think the coffee was:
A. Good
B. Great
C. Fantastic
D. Mind Blowing
E. ______ (Please do not comment, as we really don't care about your opinion).
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Most likely not connected but in the last month I've received surveys from both Star Alliance (the first time I recall receiving one from them) and from Air New Zealand, the former focused on my United flight, the latter had questions about my United connection.

I was not kind to United in either survey in all honesty.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
The only one that sends me surveys anymore is when I have a skywest connection which is almost never and I always tell them stop making me fly RJs. I was pretty even handed with those surveys until I had a horrendous F experience where I was embarrassed that I convinced a colleague to fly with me so he could get bumped to F on an easy CPU. Horrible FA, stomping up and down the aisle growling and snapping at everyone ugh.

I gave them 2s or 1s in a few categories, told them why and never got another survey again. I guess giving them a couple low marks and middling ones for everything else makes me an outlier not worth canvasing.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Well, perhaps the financials and their 'big data' are finally starting to make them take a look. (And all their babble about their data... you never really know the 'why', perhaps they do from here but thought it didn't matter what people were saying...)...

Anyways, its pretty simple to un-screw up United.

1) Treat your loyal flyers like loyal flyers; that means
a) Don't sell ToD upgrades out from under them, simple programming change
b) When service is screwed up (IRROPS), fix it (get the passenger where they're going ASAP), and be nice about it. Anyone that flies a lot knows stuff happens, Four Seasons always takes a mishap as an opportunity to make a great impression.
c) take a page out of AA's book: flights are full these days, if a higher level elite is in back, give them a free beverage and a sandwich/salad on the house.

2) Improve the soft product to match the mantra
a) Food, in domestic F and the int'l premium cabins sucks. Do what DL is doing, or AC, or, if they think they're so great, go back to CO premium class service levels ca. 2003.
b) Alcohol - Most of us aren't in college anymore, liquor at least in the premium cabins should be of a better level (esp. the whiskies...) and the [sparkling]/wines are garbage. PMUA wasn't bad in that department. AC has 2 reds/2 whites on north american flights, and they're not half bad.

3) fix the elite qualification scam, I mean scheme. No I mean scam... If you're going to require a fixed $ amount, then figure out how to incorporate bulk tickets (and amex tickets) so those people with semi-opaque travel departments don't get screwed. Better yet, just abolish the PQD nonsense and just drop < V/W fares to 0.5x. While they're at it, get rid of the FEQM scheme, or figure out how to make it work properly within the 4-tier system.

Alas there's nothing to do about SHARES, I think we're stuck with that for a while.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.2174 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by entropy
Well, perhaps the financials and their 'big data' are finally starting to make them take a look. (And all their babble about their data... you never really know the 'why', perhaps they do from here but thought it didn't matter what people were saying...)...

Anyways, its pretty simple to un-screw up United.

1) Treat your loyal flyers like loyal flyers; that means
a) Don't sell ToD upgrades out from under them, simple programming change
b) When service is screwed up (IRROPS), fix it (get the passenger where they're going ASAP), and be nice about it. Anyone that flies a lot knows stuff happens, Four Seasons always takes a mishap as an opportunity to make a great impression.
c) take a page out of AA's book: flights are full these days, if a higher level elite is in back, give them a free beverage and a sandwich/salad on the house.

2) Improve the soft product to match the mantra
a) Food, in domestic F and the int'l premium cabins sucks. Do what DL is doing, or AC, or, if they think they're so great, go back to CO premium class service levels ca. 2003.
b) Alcohol - Most of us aren't in college anymore, liquor at least in the premium cabins should be of a better level (esp. the whiskies...) and the [sparkling]/wines are garbage. PMUA wasn't bad in that department. AC has 2 reds/2 whites on north american flights, and they're not half bad.

3) fix the elite qualification scam, I mean scheme. No I mean scam... If you're going to require a fixed $ amount, then figure out how to incorporate bulk tickets (and amex tickets) so those people with semi-opaque travel departments don't get screwed. Better yet, just abolish the PQD nonsense and just drop < V/W fares to 0.5x. While they're at it, get rid of the FEQM scheme, or figure out how to make it work properly within the 4-tier system.

Alas there's nothing to do about SHARES, I think we're stuck with that for a while.
So, in other words return to pmUA. :-). You have my vote.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
I received one about a month ago. I was 1K in 2011 & 2012, Platinum last year and this year and have had no revenue flights with UA this year. I will be nothing with UA next year.

I was honest on the survey including comments about how UA employees/contractors treat me (could not care less whether I existed or not) vs. how AA employees treat me (call me by name and thank me for my business).
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: UAL 1K 2MM
While very specific, I had a recent exchange on Twitter where the person sending me the tweet said they are hearing their FF's loud and clear and are working hard to make the friendly skies friendly again for us.

I am at 50% of miles compared to my previous 10 years or so on UAL but have yet to see this survey. Boy would I like to though. I am a crazy optimist that thinks if enough of us talk they will listen.

OP mentioned the survey mentioned dissatisfaction. Curious if OP had sent an email or had voiced something to UA.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lesliegolf
. . . I am a crazy optimist that thinks if enough of us talk they will listen.
. . .
Change "talk" to "walk" and that appears that may be getting their attention. At least that is what I reasoned why I received the survey!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.