Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New UA Survey

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lesliegolf
While very specific, I had a recent exchange on Twitter where the person sending me the tweet said they are hearing their FF's loud and clear and are working hard to make the friendly skies friendly again for us.

I am at 50% of miles compared to my previous 10 years or so on UAL but have yet to see this survey. Boy would I like to though. I am a crazy optimist that thinks if enough of us talk they will listen.

OP mentioned the survey mentioned dissatisfaction. Curious if OP had sent an email or had voiced something to UA.
Just responded to the survey and assumed I received it because like you I'm only at 50% of past years. I got no hard hitting questions, just flight amounts and airlines etc.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sgfood
assumed I received it because like you I'm only at 50% of past years.
We're at less than 10% and didn't get anything.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jasonp622
Was too many regional jets an option?
That's probably what is driving me most from UA. I usually ticket fairly last minute and for short hops up and down the west coast I can usually find a WN flight in BS for less than UA. I get a 737 instead of a regional on routes to BUR or ONT, even LAX sometimes. I still get a good seat and even get a free drink/little snack in Y. Not to mention wifi, friendly service, etc., etc. It's a no-brainer.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by adambadam
That's probably what is driving me most from UA. I usually ticket fairly last minute and for short hops up and down the west coast I can usually find a WN flight in BS for less than UA. I get a 737 instead of a regional on routes to BUR or ONT, even LAX sometimes. I still get a good seat and even get a free drink/little snack in Y. Not to mention wifi, friendly service, etc., etc. It's a no-brainer.
Same here on Chicago midwest flights. Fly BS, get extra points, get a drink, board first, and free wifi.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by steveman518
maybe if there was an option for, I don't know, maybe everything?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 4:54 am

I received the survey.
I'm currently 1K but probably not for much longer.
I suspect that my lack of future revenue travel on UA got me selected for the survey.
I have no revenue travel booked until january 2015.
I often wonder if the airline can identify the individual flyer who is doing the survey?
Maybe there is some link in the survey address that includes my mp number.
Not that I care that much anymore.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, mLife Platinum
I received this yesterday as Premier Platinum, with enough bookings made to re-make Platinum in July, versus December 2013, so I don't think it's based on a reduction in travel.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ozflier
I received the survey.
I'm currently 1K but probably not for much longer.
I suspect that my lack of future revenue travel on UA got me selected for the survey.
I have no revenue travel booked until january 2015.
I often wonder if the airline can identify the individual flyer who is doing the survey?
Maybe there is some link in the survey address that includes my mp number.
Not that I care that much anymore.
That is a very good possibility. United has put out some targeted promotions of late. Would be smart way to target a promotion, especially if they can tailor it somewhat to the individual survey results.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l-upgrade.html

Not sure what type of promotion they could institute to put up with crappy RJs everywhere along with shrinking network options.

Maybe if you complain about the food in the premium cabins, they will shoot you some coupons for free Buy-on-Board items from economy?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:41 am

For me, it is the devaluation of the UA's loyalty benefits. You can either spend the dollars and time flying 50k miles, or spend 15 minutes and pay an annual fee for a credit card and get many of the same benefits. As an ex-1K, the loss (I know, they pretend CPUs still exist) of loyalty upgrades is a major deal. What's the difference between Gold or Platinum? To some degree it is liberating.

It used to be that I HAD to fly United so I could get PQMs and climb the status ladder. No longer. If a competitive airline has a cheaper flight or more convenient flight, I can take that. Suddenly a ton of more options open up. I don't have to wait for UA fare sale for our European vacation - any airline business class sale will do. I don't have to figure out how to buy a ticket and upgrade, I can just use miles to claim a FC ticket. No miles earned, but who cares?

I don't think I'm alone on this, but I'm going to guess there aren't any survey questions to address this.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Got the survey this morning. I'm at about 30k miles, last year I was probably around 50k at this time. No future travel booked, but mine is usually only a week out and will add one today (well, it may be on AA not sure yet). My PQD is $8k so maybe they're figuring out that they want people like me to fly with them more, not less.

I would say this looks like a survey from a company that's scared. They're not asking "what's most important to you" or "would you rather have x or y" or testing specific changes, as you might expect when contemplating program changes. This has the feel of "people are leaving and we want to know the top 3 reasons so we can finally look into it".
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dcdavido
For me, it is the devaluation of the UA's loyalty benefits. You can either spend the dollars and time flying 50k miles, or spend 15 minutes and pay an annual fee for a credit card and get many of the same benefits. As an ex-1K, the loss (I know, they pretend CPUs still exist) of loyalty upgrades is a major deal. What's the difference between Gold or Platinum? To some degree it is liberating.

It used to be that I HAD to fly United so I could get PQMs and climb the status ladder. No longer. If a competitive airline has a cheaper flight or more convenient flight, I can take that. Suddenly a ton of more options open up. I don't have to wait for UA fare sale for our European vacation - any airline business class sale will do. I don't have to figure out how to buy a ticket and upgrade, I can just use miles to claim a FC ticket. No miles earned, but who cares?

I don't think I'm alone on this, but I'm going to guess there aren't any survey questions to address this.
You're not alone, but there actually is a category for this. I was asked to choose my top 3. After that, there is a text box where they ask for "anything else". Hopefully you get the survey.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:37 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I received this a while ago and posted about it somewhere but don't recall in which thread. In a way it was good to receive since it suggests United is at least somewhat aware of their problems, real or perceived.
The difference from the earlier survey looks to be that UA actually recognizes some potential causes of their problems (e.g. elite qualification, poor upgrades) and is asking specifically about them this go-'round.

I took the prior survey, and it was mostly feeling out in general whether I planned to reduce or increase my UA flying and what my general satisfaction with UA was.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I received this survey overnight in my email. I intend to complete it this evening back at hotel.

I'm a 1K with ~29k EQM to date on 19 segments and $1300 PQD (half of that $ on a 3 segment one way M fare). By this time last year I had flown over twice as much on UA and probably spent 3x. My travel patterns have not changed significantly, UAs failings simply introduced me to AS and their partners.

I will copy out some of the survey questions and post them here.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I heard a one man survey regarding UA today as I was boarding a CX flight from Shanghai to HKG. The UA 747 was parked next to our gate and a European guy and his Chinese girlfriend were boarding behind me. She said, "wow that plane looks so big". The guy turned to her and told her, "I had to take that airline to the US last year and that is the worst airline I have ever flown on" She commented, "it doesn't look so bad on the outside" and they guy retorted with a comment that UA should take to heart. "The planes all look the same on the outside, it's what happens inside that counts".

Europeans, Asians and Americans; we all know UA is a steaming pile of dung. Come fly the airline that's Uniting the world
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
My friend received an invite to a United Focus group in Paramus, NJ next week. She is unfortunately unable to attend since she moved to CA. Anyone else get one of these invites?

I wish I would get one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.