Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bed Bugs (on my UA Flight?)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
I got bedbugs in my apartment a few years ago, was before I started traveling so no idea how they ended up in my apartment.

Didn't pay much money to get rid of them, I threw out my bed but luckily my parents had an extra bed, so saved money with a hand me down.

They are resistant to pesticides and try to get rid of them with an exterminator and you are looking at repeat expensive visits.

What I did before I bought in the new bed was boil a few pans of hot water, then take them to my room and splash it on the floor and walls. Gotta fry them suckers. They can never develop an immunity to heat, and much cheaper than having an exterminator come over.

Sleep in another room for a few days, let it dry, then clean up. With the new bed I made it bedbug proof. Coated the legs in vaseline, and put the legs in bowls filled with diatomecious earth. If any bugs somehow manage to get up the bowl, they will be killed by the diatomecous earth.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Dadaluma83
I got bedbugs in my apartment a few years ago, was before I started traveling so no idea how they ended up in my apartment.

Didn't pay much money to get rid of them, I threw out my bed but luckily my parents had an extra bed, so saved money with a hand me down.

They are resistant to pesticides and try to get rid of them with an exterminator and you are looking at repeat expensive visits.

What I did before I bought in the new bed was boil a few pans of hot water, then take them to my room and splash it on the floor and walls. Gotta fry them suckers. They can never develop an immunity to heat, and much cheaper than having an exterminator come over.

Sleep in another room for a few days, let it dry, then clean up. With the new bed I made it bedbug proof. Coated the legs in vaseline, and put the legs in bowls filled with diatomecious earth. If any bugs somehow manage to get up the bowl, they will be killed by the diatomecous earth.
Is you're bedroom completely covered in tile or something?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ani90
Not sure why we blame UA. Surely it is UAs problem to solve but one cannot suggest it is their fault or creation. Bedbugs can get into BF seats in only one way - in the baggage and clothes of all the entitled GS, 1Ks etc that travel round the world, with cabin baggage only, sleeping in all sorts of beds in different countries. The cause of the problem lies with us pax and the airline. It is no surprise that bed bugs reports seem more prevalent in C than in Y....
You and I must be reading different threads. I have read every post in this thread and did not see one post that blamed UA for the potential bedbug problem.

There are a couple of obviously joke posts about bedbugs being paying customers and/or potential additions to UA's dining menu. Did you think those posters were being serious?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.