Blankets in Y on redeyes?

Old May 23, 14, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, United MP
Blankets in Y on redeyes?

I was quite positive that United doesn't offer blankets to domestic Y passengers, even on redeyes, but a non-elite friend of mine told me she was on a redeye SFO-ORD (on a domestic 757) and received a blanket. She said everyone around her received blankets. Is this a new improvement, or has UA always offered blankets to Y redeye passengers?
Old May 23, 14, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369 View Post
I was quite positive that United doesn't offer blankets to domestic Y passengers, even on redeyes, but a non-elite friend of mine told me she was on a redeye SFO-ORD (on a domestic 757) and received a blanket. She said everyone around her received blankets. Is this a new improvement, or has UA always offered blankets to Y redeye passengers?
Fluke.. there are no blankets in Y any longer even on redeyes. It's possible they just handed out some of the first class blankets to a few pax.
Old May 23, 14, 2:25 pm

Ps only JFK lax SFO
Old May 23, 14, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hhonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by meFIRST View Post
Ps only JFK lax SFO
Had blankets in Y on a recent LAX-IAD redeye flight. I had wondered if the blankets were intended for the JFK flight, especially after the FA made an announcement encouraging passengers to keep their jackets since no blankets would be provided.
Old May 23, 14, 2:51 pm

Smile Blankets

Blankets were offered to all on the red eye from Sfo-Cle on May 16
standard new offering
Old May 23, 14, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, United MP
Wow, okay. Seems like a patchwork of conflicting information here. I know AA/DL offers blankets on their Y redeyes, but UA... wasn't sure. Maybe it was a new improvement recently instituted?

And my friend was clear that everyone in the surrounding area around her got blankets, so it was definitely not a "few pax."
Old May 23, 14, 3:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
From my recent experience, all the UA flights I have been on have a pack of blankets. They are kept in one of the forward bins or in the space behind the last row of first class.

They are available upon request. Sometimes the FA will walk up the aisle handing them out to those who ask. Most of the time they just keep them hidden unless someone asks.
Old May 23, 14, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
It looks like it is hard to make a blanket statement about this topic...varies by flight
Old May 23, 14, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Blankets are always provisioned on redeye flights in coach IME, and I have lots of recent experience...
Old May 23, 14, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Recent redeyes in Y (haven't even sniffed an upgrade) from PHX, DEN, LAX and SAN have had blankets provisioned at every seat in Y.
Old May 23, 14, 5:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That blue tissue-paper thing doesn't deserve to be called a blanket. "Large napkin" perhaps.
Old May 23, 14, 5:36 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
If so (any confirmation from someone inside the company about a policy change) its a good move (or a good reversal of a bad move). ^
United was just way out there with no blankets on red eyes, as noted OALs (DAL/AA) offer them.
Old May 23, 14, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat/1MM, DL SM/1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
The LAX-BOS redeye had blankets on all the seats in Y a few weeks ago
Old May 23, 14, 5:46 pm

Last month SNA to EWR had blankets at every seat in Y. I walked back and even Economy - had blankets.

It really improved my attitude towards United.
Old May 23, 14, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA DULtArer
GS get choice of blue, red or other blankets on all flights

Search this Thread
Search Engine: