Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
On itins booked via United that include partner flights, the PNR/record locator for "some" partners may be found in the UA online itin
Originally Posted by itsMoe
Here's a screenshot:

Note that on carriers which use Amadeus, the PNR will be the same across all Amadeus carriers. So, for example, on an itinerary with TG and OZ/SQ, if you get the PNR from TG, it will be the same for the OZ/SQ segment (and you can typically pick seats for all flights on the TG website).

If the PNR does not appear, call UA or call the partner with the ticket number, date and flight and you should be able to get it verbally.

04 FEB 2018 - This worked for Singapore Air (SQ): if you cannot locate the SQ PNR via the web, go to the reservation on the United app, and then click Additional information, I was able to find mine there.

Starting last half of 2017, the UA PNR will work on some partner airlines -- LH group (LH, LX, OS, ...), NH/ANA, ....

out of date
Partners PNR/record locator not available:
TG
OZ
OS
BR
SQ
ZH (shows as an "Air China" PNR but is invalid on both CA and ZH websites)
???

In 2019, AC, ....

Print Wikipost

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
The new redesigned iOS app today (3.0) seems to have fixed the issue on my end. I can see AC PNRs for my next 5 itineraries.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:28 am

Selecting Seats on Hawaiian Airlines interisland flight booked on UA

I recently booked a flight on United.com from ORD to Lihue, Kauai. The flight connects through Honolulu and the HNL to Lihue connection is operated by Hawaiian Airlines. I was able to select a seat on the United ORD-HNL leg, but not on the HNL-Lihue leg. I was directed to the Hawaiian Airlines website for seat selection on the interisland. But when I went to the Hawaiian Airlines website and tried to go through a seat selection process I was asked for my name and confirmation number. The only confirmation number I have is the one issued by United and this was not recognized by the Hawaiian Airlines site.

So, my question is, how do I go about selecting a seat on the interisland leg of the flight?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, Hertz Pres Circle
What do you see when you look at the “Additional Information” section of your reservation per the United app? Usually other airline reservtion numbers are found there.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KML29
The only confirmation number I have is the one issued by United and this was not recognized by the Hawaiian Airlines site.
You can always get your confirmation number (and, incidentally, a seat assignment) by calling the operating airline.

That said, there's a good chance that United has provided it to you. On the united.com website, on the My Trips tab, click on the trip in question. Near the top of the page, directly underneath United's confirmation number, you should (might) see an additional confirmation number for Hawaiian airlines. This only works when UA is able to get that information back from the other airline during the booking process, so it works better for some airlines than for others, but it's worth trying.

Originally Posted by 2stepbay
What do you see when you look at the “Additional Information” section of your reservation per the United app? Usually other airline reservtion numbers are found there.
Yes -- that's the app display of the same information. ^
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:51 am

The Hawaiian Airlines confirmation number is indeed available via My Trips.

Thanks very much for the assistance!
jsloan likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by KML29
The Hawaiian Airlines confirmation number is indeed available via My Trips.

Thanks very much for the assistance!
Usually, HA usually won't allow seat selection for passengers booked via UA online. You might try calling HA if seat selection for such a short flight is important to you.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:09 pm

In this instance, I was able to select a seat on the flight via the HA website.
jsloan, UAL250 and 2stepbay like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Usually, HA usually won't allow seat selection for passengers booked via UA online. You might try calling HA if seat selection for such a short flight is important to you.
in my experience, HA has always allowed a seat assignment on a United.com booked hinterland connection.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Hmm, booked a UA award ticket for my wife on HA Interisland maybe about a week ago; HA website allowed seat selection once I pulled up the ressie on HA.com with HA confirmation number. I have had instances in the past where this did not work, so perhaps HA updated its systems to allow this now?

Also, I don’t call HA anymore for non-rush inquiries. I just make a dummy booking on HA.com and wait to get the online chat pop up. They are pretty efficient.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by slippahs
...I have had instances in the past where this did not work, so perhaps HA updated its systems to allow this now?...
They might have. Interface looks different now, and it explicitly says something like (paraphrasing) "you'll able to select seats, but be able to make no other changes".

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 10, 2019 at 10:25 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old May 24, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
no luck reconfirming partner segments online

I have a UA ticket with intra-Europe connecting segments on both LH and SK. I could have sworn that past bookings listed multiple locator codes for segments booked on other airlines than UA, but in this case only an SK record locator is showing (not LH).

I tried to input the SK locator and my name on their web site and came up with no reservation located! I then spent 30 minutes on hold with the SAS call center in New Jersey before giving up the wait.

Anyone have recent experience with segments on SK and LH booked as part of a UA ticket and finding the flights in those airlines reservation systems using separate (from UA's) record locators?
Old May 24, 2019, 1:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
LH (and LH Group) will accept UA's PNR on their sites

You can obtain partner PNRs from UA phone agent if you are concerned you don;t have the correct code.

Also on partner sites, you need to have the name the same way the partner has -- which may include concatenations with your title, suffix or middle name -- it can be a challenge at times to figure that out.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 24, 2019 at 1:16 pm Reason: name issues
Old May 24, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
You can always ask United for it or provide the eticket number to the operating carrier.. never ask operating carrier for pnr based on another pnr, that’s going to be a challenge
Old May 24, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
LH (and LH Group) will accept UA's PNR on their sites

You can obtain partner PNRs from UA phone agent if you are concerned you don;t have the correct code.

Also on partner sites, you need to have the name the same way the partner has -- which may include concatenations with your title, suffix or middle name -- it can be a challenge at times to figure that out.
I just tried the UA locator on the LH web site and had similar lack of success. I then called United, and it is all looking as it should from their end.

I've never had trouble pulling up LH or even SK segments from those airlines in the past, but I can see where some variation in my name could mess up the retrieval.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:56 pm

Partner Record Locators Missing from Itineraries Booked w/ Codeshare Flight #'s

Hi Folks:

I've noticed UA has recently made a change to their web / app which causes issues on itineraries booked with code share flight #'s.

I book a lot of *A partner flights on carriers like LH, LX, and AC. Typically I book them with the UA flight #'s...so the flights are operated by AC, LH, or LX but record is booked and ticketed by UA.

Previously, when I booked these itineraries, I could look at my reservations on the UA App or in "My Itineraries" online and see the AC/LH/LX Record Locators under a section called "Additional Information". But for the past few weeks the "Additional Information" section is now missing on these itineraries.

"Additional Information" still shows up on itineraries where a partner flight is booked as the proper flight number (Ex: flight operated by LH booked as LH flight #), but they do NOT show up if the flights are all UA flight #'s / codeshares.

This is problematic as I need the partner record locators to check in when it is time to depart.

Does anyone know who we can contact to get this fixed? I now have to call the 1K line to get the partner record locator over the phone. This is annoying.

Thanks,
B

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.