Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
On itins booked via United that include partner flights, the PNR/record locator for "some" partners may be found in the UA online itin
Originally Posted by itsMoe
Here's a screenshot:

Note that on carriers which use Amadeus, the PNR will be the same across all Amadeus carriers. So, for example, on an itinerary with TG and OZ/SQ, if you get the PNR from TG, it will be the same for the OZ/SQ segment (and you can typically pick seats for all flights on the TG website).

If the PNR does not appear, call UA or call the partner with the ticket number, date and flight and you should be able to get it verbally.

04 FEB 2018 - This worked for Singapore Air (SQ): if you cannot locate the SQ PNR via the web, go to the reservation on the United app, and then click Additional information, I was able to find mine there.

Starting last half of 2017, the UA PNR will work on some partner airlines -- LH group (LH, LX, OS, ...), NH/ANA, ....

out of date
Partners PNR/record locator not available:
TG
OZ
OS
BR
SQ
ZH (shows as an "Air China" PNR but is invalid on both CA and ZH websites)
???

In 2019, AC, ....

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I just had the same issue. However, when I went to the LH website and input the UA PNR it then brought up the reservation and showed me the LH PNR
This has been true for over a year -- true for the LH group, like LX also
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I just had the same issue. However, when I went to the LH website and input the UA PNR it then brought up the reservation and showed me the LH PNR
thanks, but still scratching my head why UA decided to drop that feature.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home

thanks, but still scratching my head why UA decided to drop that feature.
its possible they didn’t ‘decide’ to drop it, but it’s a bug.

Ive currently got an itin that includes UA, LH and NH segments. The LH and NH confirmations, which are the same because they both use Amadeus, both showed when we booked it. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed both the LH and NH lines were gone from
the app, and said something like “Japan Air System: 1A”. Figured it was a temporary bug, it still seems that way today. Probably a bug they haven’t patched yet.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:22 am

New Website: Where do I find my Lufthansa PNR

Hi,

I have a trip booked with a Luthfansa flight on the first leg... In the past, I could view my reservation on United.com and select a small "addition info" tab that would show the PNR for the Lufthansa flight, allowing me to select my seat and check-in on the Lufthansa flight.

It seems this is not available on the new United website... Am I missing smthng? How can I find out what the Lufthsan booking code is?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 24, 2018 at 11:46 am Reason: merged into consolidated thread
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mahme
Hi,

I have a trip booked with a Luthfansa flight on the first leg... In the past, I could view my reservation on United.com and select a small "addition info" tab that would show the PNR for the Lufthansa flight, allowing me to select my seat and check-in on the Lufthansa flight.

It seems this is not available on the new United website... Am I missing smthng? How can I find out what the Lufthsan booking code is?
I read a few days ago that someone just typed the United PNR in the LH website and the Lufthansa PNR appeared. Maybe try that?
chavala likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:33 am

Indeed, that worked... strange..

thanks for the tip
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
It’s not the new website per say...was definitely there a couple of weeks ago.

I moticed it missing (on the app, at least) a couple of weeks ago - when my current reservation that includes both a LH and NH segment - and the ‘additional informaiton’ tab produced something along the lines of ‘Japan Air system: 1A’ instead of a proper airline and confirmation.

In short: seems to be currently broken. I still have my LH PNR from my reservation by adding it to my bookings in the LH app once I made the reservation - that apparently wouldn’t work today.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As mentioned reservations involving LH group carriers can be accessed using a UA PNR (and this will reveal the carrier's PNR). This is true for some other *A carriers. This is new functionality (LH group started in mid-2017)
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:55 pm

EVA confirmation number not displaying on reservation, any reason for concern?

A few weeks ago, I booked STL-IAH-TPE, one way, in business with UA miles for next year. There were initially issues with getting the reservation to ticket (after about 20 hours, I called UA and they were able to ticket it, I'm not sure what the delay was). My reservation on UA.com showed both the UA and EVA PNRs, and I was able to use the EVA PNR to choose my seat on their site. EVA's site also shows an 016 ticket number. All seems great.

I wanted to check my seat on EVA again, but when I went to UA to get the EVA PNR, it wasn't there - there's no link to view additional confirmation numbers like I've seen in the past. I called UA, and the rep was able to provide me with the PNR. Still works on EVA's site, and it still shows the 016 ticket number. UA's site still shows the EVA segment, so everything seems well except the missing EVA PNR.

I've read a few stories about partner award segments being dropped and stuff like that, should I be concerned at all, or is this just a glitch with UA.com? Thanks
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by t325
My reservation on UA.com showed both the UA and EVA PNRs, and I was able to use the EVA PNR to choose my seat on their site. EVA's site also shows an 016 ticket number.
If BR's site shows an 016 ticket number, I would not be concerned. If you're still nervous, you could call BR and ask them to confirm that you're ticketed. It's not a bad practice with partner awards.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K

Might try entering UA PNR on EVA site to see if anything comes back. Apparently works on LH site.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Dec 25, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:03 pm

Haven't had time to read through all 12 pages, but the wiki post says BR PNRs aren't available, but it most definitely was right after booking. But looks like the last couple posts seem to indicate it's currently broken, so maybe that's why.

Originally Posted by Kacee
If BR's site shows an 016 ticket number, I would not be concerned. If you're still nervous, you could call BR and ask them to confirm that you're ticketed. It's not a bad practice with partner awards.
Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I have booked 3 UA tickets on Christmas eve all involve NH, there no NH PNRs on UA site and I had to write to 1KVoice to get them and then selected my seats.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
On Dec 23rd I booked an award flight with multiple partners, Thai, Singapore, and Air New Zealand. None of their confirmation numbers showed up under my reservation page on United.com. I had to call but the agent was able to pull them up rather easily.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:04 am

I had a similar problem when my BR record locator disappeared when I tried to check in online. I called United and it was able to give me the number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.