Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
On itins booked via United that include partner flights, the PNR/record locator for "some" partners may be found in the UA online itin
Originally Posted by itsMoe
Here's a screenshot:

Note that on carriers which use Amadeus, the PNR will be the same across all Amadeus carriers. So, for example, on an itinerary with TG and OZ/SQ, if you get the PNR from TG, it will be the same for the OZ/SQ segment (and you can typically pick seats for all flights on the TG website).

If the PNR does not appear, call UA or call the partner with the ticket number, date and flight and you should be able to get it verbally.

04 FEB 2018 - This worked for Singapore Air (SQ): if you cannot locate the SQ PNR via the web, go to the reservation on the United app, and then click Additional information, I was able to find mine there.

Starting last half of 2017, the UA PNR will work on some partner airlines -- LH group (LH, LX, OS, ...), NH/ANA, ....

out of date
Partners PNR/record locator not available:
TG
OZ
OS
BR
SQ
ZH (shows as an "Air China" PNR but is invalid on both CA and ZH websites)
???

In 2019, AC, ....

Print Wikipost

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:11 pm

Question Seat Selection for Swiss and Lufthansa in Business

Hi everyone,

I've done some searching, but couldn't seem to find recent query's regarding seat selection for Swiss and Lufthansa flights booked through United. A little background:

My mother is paying for my wife and I to travel with her to South Africa next summer in business class. I've found a good deal by searching Google Flights, with a link to a United page allowing me to book these flights at this price. (I couldn't put this itinerary together through the regular United search).

Our flights will be from LAX to JNB through ZRH on Swiss and from CPT to LAX through FRA on Lufthansa.

Naturally when I do a dummy booking I can't select any seats since none of these are on United metal. Once I have booked through United's website, can I call both Swiss and Lufthansa and select business class seats? The fare code for all of these is "Z" if that changes things. Or is there a way to pick seats online once tickets are issued?

Thanks so much in advance!
-Elliott
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by elliott908
Our flights will be from LAX to JNB through ZRH on Swiss and from CPT to LAX through FRA on Lufthansa.

Naturally when I do a dummy booking I can't select any seats since none of these are on United metal. Once I have booked through United's website, can I call both Swiss and Lufthansa and select business class seats? The fare code for all of these is "Z" if that changes things. Or is there a way to pick seats online once tickets are issued?...
You will need to get the assignment via LH or LX -- either with their agents or their online portals. You will need the LH/LX specific PNR code which you can get from your online itinary or by calling either UA or LH/LX.

You will not be able to select seats for partner flights on united.com or by calling UA. You need to deal directly with the partner airline.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 1, 2015 at 2:19 pm
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You will need to get the assignment via LH or LX -- either with their agents or their online portals. You will need the LH/LX specific PNR code which you can get from your online itinary or by calling either UA or LH/LX.

You will not be able to select seats for partner flights on united.com or by calling UA. You need to deal directly with the partner airline.
Is there any charge for advanced seat selection if we're in business?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by elliott908
Is there any charge for advanced seat selection if we're in business?
No -- just the discount economy fares.

See wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ket-stock.html
or
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...signments.html
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: United Gold *G, Nexus/GE, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Thumbs up OZ seems to be showing up now

I have a UA-issued ticket that I booked about 2 months ago with some OZ segments, and it looks like the OZ PNR is finally showing up under "Additional Confirmation Numbers".
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:52 pm

I found it on the new United site

Go to Manage Reservations and click "More > "
On the next page, click the link: 'View additional confirmation numbers."
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Asking United for Record Locator for partner airlines - Austrian

I've never had a problem having UAL give me record locators for various award booking on partner airlines and easily either went on their websites or called for seat assignments, no issues from: Lufthansa, Air Canada, Turkish, Singapore, until now. They say they cannot for Austrian Airlines. They do not give UAL their record locator. Is this true?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by trekker954
I've never had a problem having UAL give me record locators for various award booking on partner airlines and easily either went on their websites or called for seat assignments, no issues from: Lufthansa, Air Canada, Turkish, Singapore, until now. They say they cannot for Austrian Airlines. They do not give UAL their record locator. Is this true?
I'm sure if UA digs around the PNR, they'll find it. Surely OS has to send that over, but it might not autopopulate in the part of the PNR that gets that information sent over, which is what displays on United.com.

You can call OS with the flight details/passenger name or ticket number, and they'll be able to provide you with the PNR.

Sometimes that information appears for OS (it did on a recent revenue booking). Other times it won't. The majority of the time I book something through UA on OS, I have to call OS.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
No experience with Austrian but what United757 said is solid. In addition if you get your eTicket number (if it's United-issued it should start with 016) and call Austrian they should be able to tell you their PNR based on the eTicket number (I recently had to do this with Delta and Virgin Australia for an award ticket booked with the last of my Delta miles... Delta swore that there was no other PNR and a "system upgrade, call us back later" was the answer to getting seat assignments next to each other -- Called Virgin Australia with the Eticket number and they fixed both the seats and gave me their PNR)
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Same for TG. You have to call them directly with the ticket number to get it.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wxguy
Same for TG. You have to call them directly with the ticket number to get it.
Is there any USA phone number for TG, or do I have to call one of the intl numbers? I couldn't find one rummaging around on their website and need to call them to select seats for an upcoming flight.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Is there any USA phone number for TG, or do I have to call one of the intl numbers? I couldn't find one rummaging around on their website and need to call them to select seats for an upcoming flight.
E-mail their Australia ticketing office for the PNR. Then you can select your own seats on the web.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
No experience for Austrian but some airlines' website have support to type in the ticket number (i.e. for special meal request) then you will find your record locator number once the ticket/record is retrieved.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by United757
I'm sure if UA digs around the PNR, they'll find it. Surely OS has to send that over, but it might not autopopulate in the part of the PNR that gets that information sent over, which is what displays on United.com.

You can call OS with the flight details/passenger name or ticket number, and they'll be able to provide you with the PNR.

Sometimes that information appears for OS (it did on a recent revenue booking). Other times it won't. The majority of the time I book something through UA on OS, I have to call OS.
Not necessarily. But yes, call OS with the ticket number and name/flight information to get PNR.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: United 1K
I needed to get an Austrian for an award ticket PNR on November 25, 2015--Austrian couldn't/wouldn't do it, but United (via Twitter DMs) found it and gave it to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.