Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
On itins booked via United that include partner flights, the PNR/record locator for "some" partners may be found in the UA online itin
Originally Posted by itsMoe
Here's a screenshot:

Note that on carriers which use Amadeus, the PNR will be the same across all Amadeus carriers. So, for example, on an itinerary with TG and OZ/SQ, if you get the PNR from TG, it will be the same for the OZ/SQ segment (and you can typically pick seats for all flights on the TG website).

If the PNR does not appear, call UA or call the partner with the ticket number, date and flight and you should be able to get it verbally.

04 FEB 2018 - This worked for Singapore Air (SQ): if you cannot locate the SQ PNR via the web, go to the reservation on the United app, and then click Additional information, I was able to find mine there.

Starting last half of 2017, the UA PNR will work on some partner airlines -- LH group (LH, LX, OS, ...), NH/ANA, ....

out of date
Partners PNR/record locator not available:
TG
OZ
OS
BR
SQ
ZH (shows as an "Air China" PNR but is invalid on both CA and ZH websites)
???

In 2019, AC, ....

Print Wikipost

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
What can we say - UA IT at its best.

It works consistently for me with LH, TK LX, and LO. I've also seen it appear for AC and Brussels (their code temporarily lost from my brain.) I just have an upcoming trip on SK, and that didn't show, but a call to UA and they had it.

I also find that there are sometimes artifacts when I change an ITIN, and all the codes for the trip continue to show, even for the cancelled legs.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
I have never seen it on their site, albeit not sure where to look for it. I always get it from the app, never had an issue
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: united
in the reservations view page there is an "other information" option. That is where to find it.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by crossbordertax
in the reservations view page there is an "other information" option. That is where to find it.
Ah, Ty!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by milepig
What can we say - UA IT at its best.

It works consistently for me with LH, TK LX, and LO. I've also seen it appear for AC and Brussels (their code temporarily lost from my brain.) I just have an upcoming trip on SK, and that didn't show, but a call to UA and they had it.

I also find that there are sometimes artifacts when I change an ITIN, and all the codes for the trip continue to show, even for the cancelled legs.
Brussels Airlines - SN
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
I have never seen it on their site, albeit not sure where to look for it. I always get it from the app, never had an issue
LH is fine for me. I never realized it was on the App - just found it. Thank you! ^
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I had to call UA to get OZ. The only one I've had to contact the other airline to get is TG. LH, LX, NH, BR no issues.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:08 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
As I have been booking some MP tickets before Jeff changes the program again, I have used UA flights and *A airlines. I have noticed that they no longer show the other Confirmation Numbers for say NH, TG, etc.. I have to call to get this information now. Have they done away with the cross Confirmation number listing?
Don't beleive TG's PNR has ever been available, OS is another regularly not available. Others have report issues with BR.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Don't beleive TG's PNR has ever been available, OS is another regularly not available. Others have report issues with BR.
Nor OZ. Has never been available through UA.

This is not a change.

And it's really not that big a deal, it encourages best practices, namely checking with the operating carrier to make sure the reservation is ticketed.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
I haven't had problems with CM. I must admit, the information is a bit hidden.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Don't beleive TG's PNR has ever been available.
I had a TG PNR available on my last award flight in March, 2015.

Dave
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bseller
I had a TG PNR available on my last award flight in March, 2015.
That's really surprising. I've had four or five TG awards over the past two years, including one I just booked in July, and have always had to contact TG.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
where to find confirmation # for codeshare flights?

I just booked a ticket with flights operated by a *A partner. Where can I find the confirmation number for the other airline? It used to be easy to find but don't see it anywhere on united.com or the receipt. Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
where to find confirmation # for codeshare flights?

It's not on the e-receipt - just under the record on my reservations.

When you're in, there should be a lone near the top saying something like "this itinerary contains partner segments" and then a blue link to additional confirmations. I've missed it before to.

It's really easy to find in the app though - at the bottom - near the email summary and change seat links, there should be another one that says "additional information".
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by emcampbe
It's not on the e-receipt - just under the record on my reservations.

When you're in, there should be a lone near the top saying something like "this itinerary contains partner segments" and then a blue link to additional confirmations. I've missed it before to.

It's really easy to find in the app though - at the bottom - near the email summary and change seat links, there should be another one that says "additional information".
Hmm...don't see it in either place, maybe OAL hasn't confirmed the reservation yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.