Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
On itins booked via United that include partner flights, the PNR/record locator for "some" partners may be found in the UA online itin
Originally Posted by itsMoe
Here's a screenshot:

Note that on carriers which use Amadeus, the PNR will be the same across all Amadeus carriers. So, for example, on an itinerary with TG and OZ/SQ, if you get the PNR from TG, it will be the same for the OZ/SQ segment (and you can typically pick seats for all flights on the TG website).

If the PNR does not appear, call UA or call the partner with the ticket number, date and flight and you should be able to get it verbally.

04 FEB 2018 - This worked for Singapore Air (SQ): if you cannot locate the SQ PNR via the web, go to the reservation on the United app, and then click Additional information, I was able to find mine there.

Starting last half of 2017, the UA PNR will work on some partner airlines -- LH group (LH, LX, OS, ...), NH/ANA, ....

out of date
Partners PNR/record locator not available:
TG
OZ
OS
BR
SQ
ZH (shows as an "Air China" PNR but is invalid on both CA and ZH websites)
???

In 2019, AC, ....

Print Wikipost

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
I'm just curious if I can select my seats now on the OS flights.
You don't need the PNR to do that. Just call them with your flight info (name, date, flight).
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You don't need the PNR to do that. Just call them with your flight info (name, date, flight).
Thanks, I'll try that. In the mean time, I found an accidental workaround. While the manage bookings option requires a PNR, web check-in allows you to enter the ticket number. I pretended to check in (even though the flight is months away), and it told me I couldn't check in, but gave the the PNR.

I used that, and tried selecting seats, but it won't let me for some reason. So, I'll just call.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
UA's systems aren't capable of providing an OS PNR. I once booked an itinerary with only UA and OS and it gave me no OAL PNRs.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:31 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1353513636
UA's systems aren't capable of providing an OS PNR. I once booked an itinerary with only UA and OS and it gave me no OAL PNRs.
Yep; last summer when I flew OS, .bomb couldn't give me their PNR, either. Nor could it give me a TG one earlier this month (nor could the phone agent find one).
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, 1.4MM
Originally Posted by 1353513636
I just booked a ticket for my wife that includes OS and SN segments. UA provided PNRs for both -- but did have to call for seat assignments on OS.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
UA used to provide PNRs for OS but at some point last year it stopped, don't know why. As OP noticed, Austrian allows you to check in with the ticket number, so PNR is not needed.

I did not know that Austrian provided seat assignments free of charge prior to day of travel as I never attempted to call once the website will not assign them.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by exerda
Yep; last summer when I flew OS, .bomb couldn't give me their PNR, either. Nor could it give me a TG one earlier this month (nor could the phone agent find one).
Dunno if it's happening to random set of folks. When I booked the Mrs. On a R/T to VIE via UA.bomb, it did give me an OS PNR.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Just call Austrian's US reservation line and they will give you the locator, and will also help you select your seats over the phone. I did it this week and it took all of three minutes.

TIP: Push 0 when you connect to their line, and bypass several minutes of annoying announcements and phone tree options.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Thanks for this thread, convenient timing, perhaps it was the partner award sale. Booked wifey a Swiss/Austrian award in business class and can't pick her seats on OS - not that it matters much, her OS flights are all fake intra-EU business class anyway, but I'd at least like to do it.

ETA: Dangit I can't even get the PNR using the ticket number by fake checking in. Guess we'll have to call.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:20 am

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Can't see TG res # on a UA mileage ticket

Maybe I am blind or dumb but I cannot see the TG locator on a booking I just made. It's a mileage ticket. UA to PEK and TG to BKK. Nowhere to be seen.

I hate the new UA site since the merger. No fare basis fare inventories either. Basically it is designed for idiots, technically speaking.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UAAAPeter
Maybe I am blind or dumb but I cannot see the TG locator on a booking I just made. It's a mileage ticket. UA to PEK and TG to BKK. Nowhere to be seen.

I hate the new UA site since the merger. No fare basis fare inventories either. Basically it is designed for idiots, technically speaking.
UA doesn't provide TG confirms on the old site or the new. You need to contact TG. Which you should always do on an award ticket in any event to confirm it is properly ticketed.

Of course the new site shows fare class availability. You click "details," just as on the old site. Must be set for expert mode.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
UA.bomb Not Showing Other Airlines Confirmation Numbers

As I have been booking some MP tickets before Jeff changes the program again, I have used UA flights and *A airlines. I have noticed that they no longer show the other Confirmation Numbers for say NH, TG, etc.. I have to call to get this information now. Have they done away with the cross Confirmation number listing?

Last edited by TonyBurr; Aug 2, 2015 at 8:23 am
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
Have they done away with the cross Confirmation number listing?
Not that I'm aware of. It's just not consistent. Some flights show it. Some don't.

UA IT at its finest.

Dave
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: UA GS
I'm flying right now on a reservation with an HA code share and I can click on a drop down box from my online reservation and it displays the "other airline confirmation number".
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
I can see it for my flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.