Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account Update problem

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Account Update problem

Every time I log on to united.com, it first takes me to a MileagePlus Account Update page to create a username and password (to replace the MP # and PIN). It auto fills the username with my MP#. I change it to a username. I click submit. I get an error message: "The Username requested is a MileagePlus number. Please enter a new Username." But of course that's baloney; I just replaced my MP# with a username, and not something in the format of an MP#. So I have to go through this page every single time I log on and say I'll update later.

Any idea what is happening?
Old May 15, 2014, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1066 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Have you tried updating it manually on the account details rather than on the auto page it brings you to? That might help.
Old May 16, 2014, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Well, that worked right away, and now I don't have to go through that page every time. Thanks.
Old May 16, 2014, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm having a problem updating my CC information. My Chase card was compromised, so I went in to delete it. The delete options fails so I had to just leave it there and add the new card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.