Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Ground stop at ORD due to smoke at TRACON facility

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ground stop at ORD due to smoke at TRACON facility

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Rauth
you fly over doing a 4 hour drive?
Yes. Chicago was merely a stop on my way to Europe.
Old May 13, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by enviroian
Ugggh...

Why are those people standing? Can't they handle everything via an phone agent? I would never stand in such a line.
Best bet is to line up and then get on the phone. They have a knack of converging. I have been on the phone a number of times and been in a long hold line to have it hang up (2 times). So it is good insurance to be standing in line anyway just in case....
Old May 14, 2014, 6:14 am
NAF

Exclamation Hopefully my dad could make it to my graduation!!!

I'm a international student who has a graduation tomorrow May 14. My dad who does not speak English at all came all the way from a different country and had a stop at ORD Mon May 12 afternoon. He was told he could get on the very next flight on T morning, but later the airline said there is no more seats available for him. I called over the airline and the representative said if I called earlier my dad could have a seat. I don't know how airline works nowadays.
Old May 14, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by NAF
I'm a international student who has a graduation tomorrow May 14. My dad who does not speak English at all came all the way from a different country and had a stop at ORD Mon May 12 afternoon. He was told he could get on the very next flight on T morning, but later the airline said there is no more seats available for him. I called over the airline and the representative said if I called earlier my dad could have a seat. I don't know how airline works nowadays.
Welcome to flyertalk. Please call UA and take charge. Find a way, if he does not speak English he may be in trouble trying to get a comfirmed seat.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Flightaware's Misery Map has been pretty "funny" the last two days for ORD...

http://flightaware.com/miserymap/all/1400070600
Old May 14, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Looks like the ATC delays trickled down to DCA this morning. My morning flight 1545 to IAH got delayed by nearly 4 hours because of crew rest. WHen I checked where the plane had come from - ORD. It was delayed by 6+ hours last night and got into DCA only at 2am. The reason for that delay ATC! The flight is about to fly in 2 minutes (I got my res canceled for free) and the plane is 90%+ empty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.