Wiki Posts
Search

UA Catering timing

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
UA Catering timing

Just flew my first transpac flights on United and gosh was I in for a surprise. Flew UA139 DEN-NRT and UA886 KIX-SFO, albeit both in Y.

Never, have I ever gone so hungry on a transpac flight. A "full meal" served about one hour into a 12 hour flight and thats about it. A quarter of a sandwich about one hour before landing. Is this the norm for all transpac flights on UA? I've never experienced such minimal catering and ill-timed meals. Understand their main goal is to get me from point A to B, but a little food wouldn't hurt the bottom line that much no?
Old May 5, 2014, 11:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by teriyaki
Understand their main goal is to get me from point A to B, but a little food wouldn't hurt the bottom line that much no?
Low-cal friendly!
Old May 5, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by teriyaki
Just flew my first transpac flights on United and gosh was I in for a surprise. Flew UA139 DEN-NRT and UA886 KIX-SFO, albeit both in Y.

Never, have I ever gone so hungry on a transpac flight. A "full meal" served about one hour into a 12 hour flight and thats about it. A quarter of a sandwich about one hour before landing. Is this the norm for all transpac flights on UA? I've never experienced such minimal catering and ill-timed meals. Understand their main goal is to get me from point A to B, but a little food wouldn't hurt the bottom line that much no?
Did you order pre-meal drinks? $7-8 each in Y on UA. (Other airlines they are free).

Good job UA! Another happy camper. First, charge for booze, now very little food. Forget the limes and olives. Now half a sandwich. 1/2 can of soda. What next? no ice, no cup?

I feel very sorry for the great employees at UA that must provide this "service". Management must go.
Old May 6, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by kettle1
Did you order pre-meal drinks? $7-8 each in Y on UA. (Other airlines they are free).

Good job UA! Another happy camper. First, charge for booze, now very little food. Forget the limes and olives. Now half a sandwich. 1/2 can of soda. What next? no ice, no cup?

I feel very sorry for the great employees at UA that must provide this "service". Management must go.
As Kacee said, liver friendly
Old May 6, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
While not same flight as yours, but I flew SFO-ICN-SFO in Y a few weeks ago-

The out bound SFO-ICN catering was better than I expected for a 12 hour flight. The first meal had two hot choices, about mid flight they had a sandwich roll along with ice cream, and prior to landing they also had two hot choices.

The return ICN-SFO was a 10 hour flight, first meal had two hot choices, not sure if they had served mid flight snack since I slept till they were serving the one-choice breakfast.

I have to say the outbound meals were all edible and not bad. However on the return that breakfast "McMuffin"'wanna-be was pretty

Its been a while since I've flew UA Y on a transpacific (have been flying NH Y before the mileage accrual devaluation) and you definitely do not get fed as well on UA as NH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.