Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Email: Share your opinion and earn 500 bonus award miles‏

Old Apr 29, 14, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

I received an email offering 500 miles for completing a survey regarding airline co-branded credit cards.

Unfortunately, it seems like it was limited to the 1st 1000 respondents and it was closed out by the time I went to take the survey, 8 hours after receiving the email.

Anyone able to take the survey and able to report the gist of the questions?

Maybe the credit card holders are looking to board with Global Services now...?
Old Apr 29, 14, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM; AA EXP; DL SM/MM; AClub, PC Plat; HH, MR Gold
Questions I recall were about total credit card spend per month; number of cards (choose among specific airline, hotel, point cards, etc.); which card was the primary; approximate % breakdown of spend per card; and then awareness/use of certain benefits of the United card such as 2 miles/$ spent on UA, no foreign currency conversion fees, early boarding, etc. Some final questions were about number of domestic/int'l trips booked in past year for business/leisure, and how many were on UA. I didn't get any sense they were considering other card benefits, but rather to gauge how much we knew about the card benefits and their utility.
Old Apr 29, 14, 8:16 pm

2019 Secret Santa

The e-mail didn't show up in my inbox until 8 hours after the "sent time"...
Old Apr 29, 14, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It told me it was already closed.
Old Apr 29, 14, 11:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by steveman518 View Post
The e-mail didn't show up in my inbox until 8 hours after the "sent time"...
same here and it was closed by then.
Old Apr 30, 14, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by FlytheTail View Post
Questions I recall were about total credit card spend per month; number of cards (choose among specific airline, hotel, point cards, etc.); which card was the primary; approximate % breakdown of spend per card; and then awareness/use of certain benefits of the United card such as 2 miles/$ spent on UA, no foreign currency conversion fees, early boarding, etc. Some final questions were about number of domestic/int'l trips booked in past year for business/leisure, and how many were on UA. I didn't get any sense they were considering other card benefits, but rather to gauge how much we knew about the card benefits and their utility.
Thanks for the info on the type of questions being asked.

I was hoping that they may be considering a card with some real value for M+ Elites. I should have known better. LOL
Old Apr 30, 14, 2:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
.... I was hoping that they may be considering a card with some real value for M+ Elites. ....
Elites are very small part of the potential addressable market.
Old Apr 30, 14, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Elites are very small part of the potential addressable market.
Sure, but enough of them in quantity to be a viable market segment. And most likely a segment with large disposable income.

I don't think United can pass up any market segment at this point, and Chase is a big $$ to United.

Just sayin'

Search this Thread