Million Mile Milestone Gifts and Recognition

Old Apr 26, 14, 7:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA ,Qantas ,Southwest
Million Mile Milestone Gifts and Recognition

Just wondered what is going on(if anything) around this , passed 3MM some time ago , no recognition in the form of anything , system generated email etc just a change on my profile icon from 2-3 million,
My expectations are low given that I got no recognition for 1mm ,At about 2.5 million I got a random recognition for 2MM,
Just shows how bad the organization is at managing it's frequent high dollar spenders
Just looked at delta.com/statusmatch for the third time after watching how one of there new million milers was treated by the flight crew.
Old Apr 26, 14, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
An email is about all you should expect. My friend told me he made MM status on Alaska airlines and they treated him like a king on his qualifying flight.

Low expectations, this is United we are talking about ;-)
Old Apr 26, 14, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat/1.5MM, SPG P100, Marriott LTP(P, coming to you in Jan '19), Hertz Prez, CBP GE, et al
You do realize with each MM milestone you become all the more of a nuisance to Jeff's team, right? They would strongly prefer that you just go away, and stay that way.
Old Apr 26, 14, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Originally Posted by rduer View Post
Just wondered what is going on(if anything) around this , passed 3MM some time ago , no recognition in the form of anything , system generated email etc just a change on my profile icon from 2-3 million,
My expectations are low given that I got no recognition for 1mm ,At about 2.5 million I got a random recognition for 2MM,
Just shows how bad the organization is at managing it's frequent high dollar spenders
Just looked at delta.com/statusmatch for the third time after watching how one of there new million milers was treated by the flight crew.
At least you get real benefits, with Lifetime 1K at 3MM, for when you are no longer GS. When I reached 1MM with USAir, I got a piece of paper in the mail congratulating me for being a Millon Mile Flyer and NO benefits. That's when I switched to UA.
Old Apr 26, 14, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM),AS MVP Gold 75K, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold, DL Plat Medallion, MH Enrich Platinum
I DID get an email on 1MM. I did get a choice of token gifts at 2MM. I chose the Tumi computer bag. I doubt I will reach 3MM as started to travel on AA and Delta.

I think you should be fortunate to get an email thanking you instead of one asking for a donation! But then again you can say you made one at the mileage award counter.

We are not appreciated. We are over entitled.
Old Apr 27, 14, 12:22 am

Programs: UA GS/1MM, Ritz Carlton Plat
My colleague just hit 1MM on DL and was given a thank you gift of a choice from some nice high-end luggage gifts (including Tumi Tegra-Lite and Alpha 2 luggage)
Old Apr 27, 14, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer View Post
You do realize with each MM milestone you become all the more of a nuisance to Jeff's team, right? They would strongly prefer that you just go away, and stay that way.
And, to the surprise of no one at FT,,,,,,,,,,

UA's financial results appear to be linked with this "SAAVY" approach.

Dave
Old Apr 27, 14, 12:30 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Plat/HY-Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/Gold for Life
When they relaunched the 3MM status I got a gift, from which I selected the Tumi Wheelie bag.

I have just received a 1K card valid to Jan 16.

Old Apr 27, 14, 2:49 am

2019 Secret Santa

Maybe they'll send you another card for every program year you qualify for? You could hit GS qualification for any given year. Perhaps other MMers could claify.
Old Apr 27, 14, 3:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA ,Qantas ,Southwest
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer View Post
What truly confuses me is how a program that is so terribly managed and administered continues to to publicized as a multi year award winner
Old Apr 27, 14, 6:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rduer View Post
What truly confuses me is how a program that is so terribly managed and administered continues to to publicized as a multi year award winner
The airline "award industry" is much like the "awards" business in other sectors: it's a self-perpetuating, self-aggrandizing entity unto itself. There are so many "awards" it's really not hard for a program to win something, hence "award winner".
Old Apr 27, 14, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
I hit 1MM in December, and they sent me a little lucite entrapment with a paper card inside. The card has my name and "One Million Miler 2014" printed on it.
Old Apr 27, 14, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 2.9MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Platinum Ambassador, Hertz PC
When I hit 2MM, I received an email with a choice of like 6 gifts in recognition. I chose a Kindle Fire which I gave to a family member.
Old Apr 27, 14, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by KevinPK1 View Post
When I hit 2MM, I received an email with a choice of like 6 gifts in recognition. I chose a Kindle Fire which I gave to a family member.
I selected the ipad (engraved) --- had about 6 choices also.
That was pre-merger when UA was giving away the farm, and before the gunslinger's rode into Dodge.

At my second 300K, in two consecutive years, I received a tour of the flight simulators in DEN and flew a 320.

Mention being a 2MMer to nearly any FA (either side) today and you will be met with utter indignation.

Just remembered ---Many moons ago, my wife (a 1K on her own, also) and I were frequent guests at many Laker games in UA's sky box suite in L.A.
Old Apr 27, 14, 1:25 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zebranz View Post
I DID get an email on 1MM. I did get a choice of token gifts at 2MM. I chose the Tumi computer bag. I doubt I will reach 3MM as started to travel on AA and Delta.

I think you should be fortunate to get an email thanking you instead of one asking for a donation! But then again you can say you made one at the mileage award counter.

We are not appreciated. We are over entitled.
Does it fit the bag sizer? Ironic if it didn't.

Last edited by BH62; Apr 27, 14 at 1:29 pm Reason: added a phrase

Search this Thread